Level and the Aventon app

kwalk

Region
USA
Just got my Level a few days ago and thought I could connect the app with my bike. Seems that's not possible, right? (no QR code on screen like the Pace)
If not, what apps do you use to track speed, elevation, distance, GPS, etc. **rode 13 miles last night and the bike is awesome!
(Switched seat for a cushy SELLE I had, handlebar riser, ergo hand grips, mirror, phone mount, seat post suspension, tail light. ...looking for a good headlight.
Bike 8.6.21 2 .jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Tom - the best recommendation comes from someone that owns one. There are so many lights on Amazon to sift through so happy to have landed on this one. - Have a nice weekend.
You have any favorite phone apps for riding?

My pleasure! I don't use any apps except Bikemap to find trails.

I prefer a helmet mounted light for night riding. I can aim it where I want, and since I ride in rural areas, I often scan the roadsides up ahead for deer. Either way, rural or otherwise, it's best to have light where your looking.

I prefer a helmet mounted light for night riding. I can aim it where I want, and since I ride in rural areas, I often scan the roadsides up ahead for deer. Either way, rural or otherwise, it's best to have light where your looking.
True dat. I mounted one of these to my helmet, works very well and you can see what you are looking at when you turn your head.

I did find a need for a brighter light in the woods at night, and went from 1,000 lumens to 5,000 lumens with my handlebar light. It was a significant upgrade.

True dat. I mounted one of these to my helmet, works very well and you can see what you are looking at when you turn your head.

I did find a need for a brighter light in the woods at night, and went from 1,000 lumens to 5,000 lumens with my handlebar light. It was a significant upgrade.
You have me beat with your 5000 lumen light. I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Professional...66&sprefix=Professional+police,aps,168&sr=8-5

It’s 4000 lumens, but its bulb is like a laser beam, and it’s advertised battery life is conservative based on my experience. At the full 4000 lumen setting I’ve gotten 90 mins. Usually, all I need is the 1200 lumen setting because of how precise the beam is, but I can toggle brighter if needed.

You have me beat with your 5000 lumen light. I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Flashlight-XT21X-Advanced-Rechargeable/dp/B08J2HZB16/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3LBAAA5BV85RJ&dchild=1&keywords=professional+police+flashlight+4000&qid=1628403166&sprefix=Professional+police,aps,168&sr=8-5

It’s 4000 lumens, but its bulb is like a laser beam, and it’s advertised battery life is conservative based on my experience. At the full 4000 lumen setting I’ve gotten 90 mins. Usually, all I need is the 1200 lumen setting because of how precise the beam is, but I can toggle brighter if needed.
Yup that's a cool light, and it will strap right to the helmet.

Wondering if any Level owners can confirm the app does not work with our bike... thx

The Aventure has a very different updated Screen/Display, different motor manufacturer, and most likely a different controller, and advertises that it will sync with the Aventon App.

The Level uses an older display without any apparent Bluetooth feature, and makes no claim anywhere on the web site that it will sync with an App.

I do not believe the app will work with the Level.

Last edited:
Wondering if any Level owners can confirm the app does not work with our bike... thx
You can buy the new Aventure's display for your Level and have App support. https://www.aventon.com/products/aventon-bc-280-display

It's out of stock right now, but it's an option. I find the Level's stock display adequate. I just like having basic info like speed, distance, and batt voltage. There are tons of bike riding apps that can do all the other stuff.

You can buy the new Aventure's display for your Level and have App support. https://www.aventon.com/products/aventon-bc-280-display

It's out of stock right now, but it's an option. I find the Level's stock display adequate. I just like having basic info like speed, distance, and batt voltage. There are tons of bike riding apps that can do all the other stuff.
The new display does not give you an actual Voltage reading, which I find to be a better indicator of battery level than the meter bar.

Back