Leisger-- no power!

Part of buying an unchecked second hand ebike is finding out it was sold to you without a battery!

The Leisger bikes are not in stock yet and the D5 battery will come along with them.

Magnum bikes will contact you as soon as the Leisger bikes and D5 batteries are available in the USA on our www.magnumbikes.com website.

Good luck!

Thought I was fortunate to buy a Leisger md5, had wanted to trail w/friends. Received it without a battery! Have contacted magnum bikes and tried to purchase one with no success. Happy though to see the video review at least now I know what I Could have been riding this summer.
Can you give more info about your experience with magnumbikes.com? Am I to understand they sold you an ebike without a battery? Are you expected to purchase the battery as an option? For a new company it is a big mistake as well as an eye openero_O Is this the Leisger ebike in your avatar?

Part of buying an unchecked second hand ebike is finding out it was sold to you without a battery!

The Leisger bikes are not in stock yet and the D5 battery will come along with them.

Magnum bikes will contact you as soon as the Leisger bikes and D5 batteries are available in the USA on our www.magnumbikes.com website.

Good luck!
Saw another post from a new member stating they have received and are riding their new Magnum bike. Yet, another member, evidently, has been trying to get a battery from magnumbikes.com for sometime now.
And has repeatedly been told the bikes are not in the USA yet and the batteries are to arrive with them.
So the bikes are here! Should not try to deceive prospective customers. Doing so speaks volumes about your
business ethic and is not a good start for a business trying to take root in a new country. Shame :-(

Saw another post from a new member stating they have received and are riding their new Magnum bike. Yet, another member, evidently, has been trying to get a battery from magnumbikes.com for sometime now.
And has repeatedly been told the bikes are not in the USA yet and the batteries are to arrive with them.
So the bikes are here! Should not try to deceive prospective customers. Doing so speaks volumes about your
business ethic and is not a good start for a business trying to take root in a new country. Shame :-(

Hello all,

I would like to officially respond to some of the confused posts here.

The case at hand is NOT for a Magnum bicycle or magnum battery. The person posting bought a Leisger bicycle from UPS unclaimed goods after the Leisger company sent one to the usa for an exhibition and UPS lost their bicycle.

While Magnum Bikes is the licensed distributor for Leisger products in both Israel and the USA we do not have this battery in stock. It is in no way similar to our Magnum Bikes batteries.

Since the OP could not obtain the battery from Leisger in Germany they are taking out their anger at Magnum Bikes.

We would be happy to sell any part that we have in stock to any and all customers but this battery is unique and HAS NOT been in stock.

I hope this will clarify the matter. We will still help you and notify you when we receive the correct battery in stock for your Leisger bicycle.

Hello everyone, and thank you to @Nirmala for notifying me of this forum. I am the VP of sales for Magnum Bikes and I recently had the pleasure of speaking to @Needpower to clarify a simple misunderstanding. I am happy to relay our conversation for everyone's clarification.

First, there seems to be somewhat of a mixup that needs to be cleared up.. Magnum Bikes serves two-fold as a Manufacture and an exclusive distributor (for Leisger Bikes and i-MAX scooters). While Magnum bikes are very much available (and have been for about two and a half months), Leisger Bikes are not (They will be hitting stores in mid November). The two bikes have completely different batteries, as the Magnum brand incorporates the integrated (i5) battery and the Leisger brand incorporates the down tube (d5) battery.

Second, @Needpower obtained her bike (The Leisger Md5) not only second hand, but without a battery. This is not a case of needing a replacement battery, but one of never having one in the first place. Allow me to explain..At last year's 2014 Interbike show in Las Vegas, Leisger had two bikes stolen, one was a foldable bike and the other, the Md5 mountain bike (both were simply prototypes, and did not come with working batteries, but simply "dummy" batteries). It was not long before the foldable bike showed up on eBay and @Needpower contacted us to buy a battery (let me stress that in no way should she have known that the bike was stolen and a prototype, but she did buy the bike knowing full well that it did not come with a battery). We did offer to buy the bike back from her for whatever price she purchased it for, and when she declined, explained that this bike was not yet available, but would be some time later in 2015.

I can only imagine @Needpower 's frustration over what appeared to be an available product and her inability to buy the necessary components to make her bike whole, however, this just simply was not the case. When we spoke last week over the phone, I explained that we are indeed very close to having Leiger branded bikes available in the USA, and @Needpower would be our very first customer, and that we were looking forward to taking care of her.

So as I hope I have outlined for everyone (especially @Needpower ) to understand, there is no conspiracy theory here. Yes we are newly incorporated in the USA, and yes we are constantly working on incorporating new software to our website platform to make communicating with our customers that much easier and more efficient, But we are an established brand that has been building bikes and servicing the communities that ride them all over the world for many years.

Warm Regards,

Jesse Lapin, VP of Magnum Bikes

Back