Lectric XP

The 34 (sorry not 32) has a way better first gear you can actually ride up a hill from a start
Will this prevent the peddling like a hamster feeling? I only use gear 7 ..as I feel no resistance in other gears..and a lot of times not even in gear 7. When you said..sorry not 32.. did you mean you are sorry you didn’t order 32 instead of 34? Thanks..

Will this prevent the peddling like a hamster feeling? I only use gear 7 ..as I feel no resistance in other gears..and a lot of times not even in gear 7. When you said..sorry not 32.. did you mean you are sorry you didn’t order 32 instead of 34? Thanks..
I got the 11-28 tooth because I never use low gear (the 11 tooth is 7th gear). this leaves me the option to up my front chain ring to 56 or 58 tooth to get even more high gear. I dont know if the chain is long enough to do that with a 34t low gear.

Yes it helps a lot ..I mistakenly said 32 teeth initially, it's actually 34 teeth ...The more teeth on the freewheel =34 teeth= 1st gear is geared lower.Less teeth on the flywheel ie:11 teeth = geared taller =7th Gear.... Definitely better in 1st and 7th Gear consequently...contrary to the prior post above 34 teeth works fine with the original regular chain I'm not the first to do this either so it does work...

New freewheel on, and the whole process of removal and install probably took me about 30 minutes front to back, I attempted to install wheel with the bike upright and trying to hold it with one hand while the other finagles the wheel in place. That was a joke. I ended up putting some blocks down for the handlebar ends so the display would not be damaged and turned it upside down. Still took me awhile to get it in there properly, this is not an easy task since the axle is shaved on both sides and not perfectly cylindrical, goes into the rear dropout one particular way and the tabbed washers go in there one particular way and if that's not all lined up, you will struggle. Almost 60 degrees outside and I was dripping sweat when done, HA! I detest humidity and my body is very sensitive to it, so I think today's humidity just generated excess sweat.

Now I need to re-index the shifter as it's not shifting properly. Watched the Park Tool video for the 100000th time and every single time, there are just so many combos of adjustments my brain hurts! I finally wrote it down step by step so I did not have to go forward and backward on my iphone to get through the adjustment.

But now it's raining out and I may not even get to it tonight :(

I did test drive in 7th gear and it is definitely noticeable and I feel like I can get more speed out of this bike now.
After doing several adjustments on the brakes, I found that Park Tools was the most confusing. I found another video that was only 2.5 minutes and it was spot on. Adjust my brakes perfectly in 1 minutes.

Last edited:
Took the family on a bike ride last Sunday, the wife was on her white XP (Kenda Kraze tires), I let my sister borrow my black XP (Factory CST tires). About 7 miles into our ride my sister manages to get a flat on the front tire. Looks like it was punctured by these little thorns on the trail. I had to ride back to the truck, drive and pick her up.

Be careful guys, these tires are far from puncture-resistant. I came home, purchased and filled up all our tires with Slime tube sealeant just in case.

59410411962-F868-A4-CD-A6-DB-49-CD-97-F7-434314-D36-AE0.jpg

I take it you got the freewheel from AliExspress, could you tell me which one you got?

I did not buy it from AliExpress, I got it on Amazon, yes a bit more, but same item and I feel better about returns on Amazon.

This is the one I got. Rained all day yesterday, raining all day today ruining Halloween for the kids, no time to adjust rear derailleur, ARGH!

Is your chain rubbing problem any better?

Initial impressions are that is it not better. I still have to do a full rear derailleur adjustment again to get everything spot on, once I do that, I will report back, but thus far, still seems to rub.

The Park Tools rear derailleur adjustment video is long, complex but excellent as the methods they use are to induce excess noise and chain rub, then back the adjustment screws and barrel adjusters back off ever so slightly so you can really dial it in perfectly in all aspects of gear indexing. Just a pain to do without the bike in a stand, so I will have to improvise.

Lectric did get back to me and said that their mechanic was out of the shop for the weekend, but they would have him check things out when he gets back to provide some suggestions. They thanked me for my insight thus far.

Initial impressions are that is it not better. I still have to do a full rear derailleur adjustment again to get everything spot on, once I do that, I will report back, but thus far, still seems to rub.

The Park Tools rear derailleur adjustment video is long, complex but excellent as the methods they use are to induce excess noise and chain rub, then back the adjustment screws and barrel adjusters back off ever so slightly so you can really dial it in perfectly in all aspects of gear indexing. Just a pain to do without the bike in a stand, so I will have to improvise.

Lectric did get back to me and said that their mechanic was out of the shop for the weekend, but they would have him check things out when he gets back to provide some suggestions. They thanked me for my insight thus far.
This may be easier to follow than Park Tools. It is for Shimano only 5 minutes.

This may be easier to follow than Park Tools. It is for Shimano only 5 minutes.

I watched that one yesterday as well... it was pretty good, but not as in depth or as completely instructional as the park tool one. Just gotta get used to that boring dude and his boring voice, especially when you gotta get things "juuuuuuuuust right" HA

Took the family on a bike ride last Sunday, the wife was on her white XP (Kenda Kraze tires), I let my sister borrow my black XP (Factory CST tires). About 7 miles into our ride my sister manages to get a flat on the front tire. Looks like it was punctured by these little thorns on the trail. I had to ride back to the truck, drive and pick her up.

Be careful guys, these tires are far from puncture-resistant. I came home, purchased and filled up all our tires with Slime tube sealeant just in case.
It's bound to happen sooner or later, and you are right, they are not puncture resistant. My rear tire after removing was almost paper thin. I pre-Slimmed then added an inexpensive roadside repair kit complete with tire tools. Very easy to carry insurance policy. Also carry a CO2 inflater, Walmart has the best price, small, no hand pumping for an hour trying to fill fat tire. Just don't want to walk a 10 miles back if I am on a trail. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_55

59410411962-F868-A4-CD-A6-DB-49-CD-97-F7-434314-D36-AE0.jpg
My Kenda Kraze tires are arriving today, hoping to get a little more speed and a quieter ride, and maybe better protection. Supposed to get about 6 inches of snow today, so will be waiting for nicer weather for testing them out, and hopefully that dose not mean spring.

I'm riding my bike with a 34t and I love how it helps get up the hills even when the battery has been drained. Most of my riding is in the middle to higher gears so having the 34t is like having a secret cheat code that you don't use too often but really appreciate it when you need it.
You are lucky you have senic hills up there to enjoy. I have to travel out of state to find a hill.

Totally agree with warranties and the use of the product the way you like it. Lectric customer service has been GREAT. But at anytime that company could be sold where the new owners will not want to cover bikes sold by the previous owners. Like you said, it's an $899. throw away. Use it, enjoy it, replace lower end items. When that becomes to expensive, replace the bike. It cost that much for a set of tires for my truck. Those have to be replaced every 3 years. I tow it behind a motor home and that is just the cost of taking it with you. BTW items to make the truck towable are not covered under warranty either and we are talking a lot more than $899. 😊
Use the bike, don't send emails to Lectric volunteering to void the warranty and enjoy it.

I totally agree. Use the bike and enjoy it. Beyond that, nothing ever lasts forever. I've been putting miles on mine and they've been hard, hilly miles. I just try not to push the bike too hard. Maybe help it last a little longer. Personally, I could see some future, potential warranty issue with Letric where a part fails and they need to ship me a new one. But obviously they won't ever be doing any actual work on this bike, warranty or not. From here, Arizona is just a little to far for me to ship it or drive it in for service. In some cases, I'll do my own service, like adjusting the brakes and derailler. But for the big jobs, I'll leave it to the pros at a local bike shop. These days, any bike shop would be nuts not to take on an eBike repair job. A lot of the parts are really not that much different from those on a traditional bike. But if I can't get anything done locally, there is always the actual ebike shops that exist in the nearby DC area. A bit longer of a drive, but they are there. In the meantime, I plan to enjoy the XP as it had been designed to be ridden. I admire the folks on here who really get into the bike engineering to squeeze out more performance -- such as modifying the sprocket cassettes and controller modules. They've told some great stories on here! But for me, "stock" is fine. I just want to ride up hills without sweating or worse. I knew the risks of ordering an expensive item from a tiny new startup located on the other side of the continent. I simply had Iiked Lectric's vibe, even knowing how small businesses tend to come and go. Yeah, they were providing a lot of sizzle and not yet the steak -- at least until the new bike finally showed up. Still, I paid my money and took my chances. So far, so good.

Back