Lectric XP 2.0 w/ Thorough Review (link @ the beginning of the post)

Happy for you guys! It was exciting to get it and then I got scared to ride it after all the things it suggested you had to check before riding. But it was great. Now I am going to have to get a hitch on my car and a bike rack. I really thought I was going to fold it and put it in my SUV, but it is very awkward to lift when folded, so I am going to invest another 600 or 700 to get a hitch and rack. Now just under 2000 invested with accessories too, but really looking forward to hitting the trails this summer. Let us know when you guys get them.

Attachments

• 2021-05-30 11.54.16.jpg
    2021-05-30 11.54.16.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 203
Happy for those of you that actually received your bikes. My neighbor (who ordered after I did) received his bike yesterday and I'm headed over to assemble it for him, as I worked my way through college as a bicycle mechanic (owned a bike shop at one time). Just called Lectric and my bike is still sitting on their dock (for a week now). There is a label stuck to it though. Lectric's shipping department is not very impressive IMO. Hope the label doesn't fade too badly by the time FedEx actually has it in their hands.

Interesting shipment story. Every time I spoke to Lectric they confirmed that my bike was in their warehouse waiting to ship. Now, from the FedEx information it seems that they weren't being honest. It shipped from LA. 3 days later it's in AZ. I understand they have delays sometimes but I wish they would tell the truth instead to making up a lot of crap. Here's the shipping info:
1622920659768.png

On another and more positive note, my neighbor received his ST and I assembled it Thursday and took it out for a ride without the battery. Works pretty well but wouldn't want to have to climb many hills. The factory assembly was very good, much better than other various bikes I've seen. Made minimal adjustments. Kudos for that. The brakes were a little noisy but wiping the discs down with alcohol fixed that. Rode it with the battery Friday, still impressed. It has a lot of power. It's a lot of bike for the money.

Interesting shipment story. Every time I spoke to Lectric they confirmed that my bike was in their warehouse waiting to ship. Now, from the FedEx information it seems that they weren't being honest. It shipped from LA. 3 days later it's in AZ. I understand they have delays sometimes but I wish they would tell the truth instead to making up a lot of crap. Here's the shipping info:
View attachment 89593
According to other posts they have a warehouse in California that they ship out of as well to reduce delay.

View attachment 89593
Thy seem to go to Arcadia first and then back to Arizona.

I guess it’s what bike your waiting for and what warehouse it’s shipping out of. Mine went from Arcadia back to Phoenix. But Lectric is not “MAKING THINGS UP” as you put it.
Except that I always specifically asked and they kept telling me it was in their AZ warehouse. It obviously wasn't. It's now over 2 months past when it was originally estimated and a month past when it was later promised. Main reason I'm anxious is that I have to go up north next week and it's starting to look like the bike won't make it, with all the crazy delays. :-(

Except that I always specifically asked and they kept telling me it was in their AZ warehouse. It obviously wasn't. It's now over 2 months past when it was originally estimated and a month past when it was later promised. Main reason I'm anxious is that I have to go up north next week and it's starting to look like the bike won't make it, with all the crazy delays. :-(
Well, all I could repeat is mine went from Arizona to Arcadia, CA and then back to Arizona. From there is made it’s way very quickly across the US to the east coast.

Any possibility to trade with your neighbor?

Any possibility to trade with your neighbor?
He graciously offered to let me use it on my trip up north but I really would prefer not to have to do that as it deprives him of his bike during that time. As far as trading, he wanted a white ST. I don't care either way as I kept telling Lectric. He would trade but I don't feel right doing that.

He graciously offered to let me use it on my trip up north but I really would prefer not to have to do that as it deprives him of his bike during that time. As far as trading, he wanted a white ST. I don't care either way as I kept telling Lectric. He would trade but I don't feel right doing that.
Nice neighbor. How about a swap for now and swap back when you return. Your bike probably will arrive in a couple of days.

Here's a question: is everyone now getting the 9.6ah battery with Samsung cells or are some still getting the 10.4ah battery with LG cells?

I think the 2.0s all ship with the 9.6ah Samsung now. Hoping my OG XP comes with the LG 10.4ah. If they're ever back in stock I wonder if a spare 10.4 can be had?

I think the 2.0s all ship with the 9.6ah Samsung now. Hoping my OG XP comes with the LG 10.4ah. If they're ever back in stock I wonder if a spare 10.4 can be had?
My neighbor's v1 white ST came with the 9.6ah Samsung battery. I was wondering if all the recent v1 bikes have all been coming with the 9.6ah battery with Samsung cells. Apparently not. Someone with both said he gets the same range. The Samsung 18650 cells should be of higher quality. Samsung and Panasonic are considered top of the line in the 18650 battery world. I use both LG and Samsung in various 18650 based flashlights and the Samsung's charge to a higher capacity even though they're rated the same. This is common knowledge on the flashlight forums. To add a bit of a disclaimer, there are also different "grades" put out by each manufacturer, so for instance a top grade LG may perform as well as a lower grade Samsung or Panasonic. I personally have no preference between the LG 10.4 and the Samsung 9.6 Lectric packs. Just a curious battery aficionado.

Back