Lectric XP 2.0 w/ Thorough Review (link @ the beginning of the post)

The 2.0 is waterproof. What's some of the points on the XP that could be treated with silicone caulking to help it in wet conditions? I know they recommend a plastic bag over the display while it's being ridden in the rain. My suggestion would be to silicone the under-frame grommet where controller wires extrude from. Any other places while I'm at it?

Last edited:
@this point, it wouldn't surprise me a bit (if we were to look back @ this time last year) when they have us wait 12 weeks. That's the only real world comparison I have. Large quantity of orders. Pandemic shipping delays.
Agree!

Sounds like they want to see who’s upgrading before sending the original orders out.

Sounds like they want to see who’s upgrading before sending the original orders out.
Do they keep sending you emails, asking if you'd like to upgrade? The first one, on Wednesday night, had a 24hr timer. I've gotten a couple of emails w/ diff passwords now.. EXPERIENCE2, UPGRADE2, GENERATION2. It's not a hard sale, for say, those who are willing to wait.😒 LOL. Surely it's not because I chose NOT to wait, that I'm receiving so many offers to give 'em fifty bucks. Also, after the first email, there were no timers.

Do they keep sending you emails, asking if you'd like to upgrade? The first one, on Wednesday night, had a 24hr timer. I've gotten a couple of emails w/ diff passwords now.. EXPERIENCE2, UPGRADE2, GENERATION2. It's not a hard sale, for say, those who are willing to wait.😒 LOL. Surely it's not because I chose NOT to wait, that I'm receiving so many offers to give 'em fifty bucks. Also, after the first email, there were no timers.
Yeah I’m getting the emails. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have enough regular XP‘s to fill all of the orders so they’re pushing the upgrade.

I think most people are going to opt out of the upgrade since no one know when the 2.0 bike will ship. Also who knows if the 2.0 bike is sourced from different factory from China. My main concern is that if 3 inch tire/ front fork will change the look and feel of the bike.

I think most people are going to opt out of the upgrade since no one know when the 2.0 bike will ship. Also who knows if the 2.0 bike is sourced from different factory from China. My main concern is that if 3 inch tire/ front fork will change the look and feel of the bike.
Not only that, but when they say “ship” do they mean ship from China or ship when they get them in Arizona. Right now they are saying the 2.0 will ship in five weeks but I don’t know if that means from China or Arizona.

Not only that, but when they say “ship” do they mean ship from China or ship when they get them in Arizona. Right now they are saying the 2.0 will ship in five weeks but I don’t know if that means from China or Arizona.
Who really knows? Keep in mind, in early March- thru April, Lectric incurred 1700 orders every THREE days. It's a wonder we're not waiting until September or even later.

We'll have one of the hottest item's to come out of this 'pandemic', soon. That's the way I prefer to look @it. 😏

Honestly. I'm thinking they have the 2.0s 'in stock' now. Their S&R team probably concentrating on getting the March step-over orders out-the-doors to the dock so the carriers can get 'em out to us. Hey, they know we've waited long enough. Eventually, after our orders have reached fulfillment, they'll shift their focus to ST, & finally 2.0.

Shipping from China to Arizona is "inside baseball", and surely not what they mean. Of course, their estimates have generally been optimistic, but there are a lot of variables in play so I'm inclined to cut them some slack about delivery.

Who really knows? Keep in mind, in early March- thru April, Lectric incurred 1700 orders every THREE days. It's a wonder we're not waiting until September or even later.
Wow! That’s a lot of money at $900.00 a pop. Nothing like those three guys becoming multi millionaires in one year.
The fact that Lectric could not deliver their bikes as stated on their website is not really their fault. Every bike manufacture whether it be a regular bike or an electric bike is having the same problem getting the bikes to their customers. I live in one of the biggest cities in the north east of Pennsylvania and none of the bike shops in my area have a new bike to be had. But, what I would fault Lectric for is continuing to promise these bikes in a five week time frame if they don’t know if they can really deliver on that promise. So when they say they can deliver the 2.0‘s in five weeks, I don’t think many people trust that they would have the bike in their home in five weeks. I think that’s part of the hesitancy to upgrade. Now on my part, I prefer to have the 4 inch wide tires versus the 3 inch. Anything else is a irrelevant to me.

Shipping from China to Arizona is "inside baseball", and surely not what they mean. Of course, their estimates have generally been optimistic, but there are a lot of variables in play so I'm inclined to cut them some slack about delivery.
So explain your thought. Surely it takes longer than three weeks to ship a bike from China to Arizona and certainly it does not take four weeks to ship a bike from Arizona to any part of the United States. So why the five week timeframe?

Honestly. I'm thinking they have the 2.0s 'in stock' now. Their S&R team probably concentrating on getting the March step-over orders out-the-doors to the dock so the carriers can get 'em out to us. Hey, they know we've waited long enough. Eventually, after our orders have reached fulfillment, they'll shift their focus to ST, & finally 2.0.
Called twice today. On the 2nd call they confirmed that he V2 bikes weren't in the country yet.

Called twice today. On the 2nd call they confirmed that he V2 bikes weren't in the country yet.
So there you go! They mean five weeks shipping from China to Arizona. And even five weeks is pushing it on a barge. Figure at least another week once it gets here to get to your house.

Hmmn.. I never would believe it if it didn't work out this way here. Lectric's website shipping times ARE an estimated time period for LECTRIC to receive said bikes from CHINA. Well, I've been thinking wrong, on this subject (as have many, I assume!) all along. At least we know now!

So there you go! They mean five weeks shipping from China to Arizona. And even five weeks is pushing it on a barge. Figure at least another week once it gets here to get to your house.
I didn't say they were in China, just not in the US according to the person I talked to. They could be en route or even waiting their turn at at the port.

Back