Lectric XP 2.0 w/ Thorough Review (link @ the beginning of the post)

contraktor

Region
USA
City
Tahlequah
2.0 review from KevCentral
Screenshot_20210511-215247.png
Screenshot_20210511-215257.png
Screenshot_20210511-215311.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-224019.png
    Screenshot_20210511-224019.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 2,034
Last edited:
Quite a wrinkle. Changes look good except the paint job. Would like an option without graphics/text. But that's easy enough to change. Guessing the 2.0 comes with the old rear rack but with added mounting points for the new rack as an accessory. Front suspension alone is worth the extra $50. Unclear though about what it does to the delivery times.

After inquiring on shipping times, I couldn't get a response from Lectric today via email. TBH, they (Lectric) DON'T KNOW when we'll GET our bikes. It's a guessing game. Nothing here w/ the 2.0 is worth forking out more money. My time is money Stoney. The IP65 rating is a nice feature, but not needed if you take care of it. I'm curious, when did you order?

Quite a wrinkle. Changes look good except the paint job. Would like an option without graphics/text. But that's easy enough to change. Guessing the 2.0 comes with the old rear rack but with added mounting points for the new rack as an accessory. Front suspension alone is worth the extra $50. Unclear though about what it does to the delivery times.
Btw, I was checking out your rack earlier lol. What was the multi-tool/cutter you had used to fashion the lid? I'm asking because it's by far the best basket I've seen yet. I kinda want to borrow your idea & try to come up with something similar.

I placed my order March 13. Im curious on the shipping time for the 2.0 compared to the old model

I placed my order March 13. Im curious on the shipping time for the 2.0 compared to the old model
From what I've learned, they have our bikes (mid March orders) if it's just a step-over XP in their warehouse now, getting prepped for shipment (add user manual, give it a once over, etc). However, we're first in line to "upgrade" @ a reduced promotional price. So, they'll extend said offer to customers like ourselves (which I won't personally accept) to choose to stick to the ones we purchased or the 2.0. It goes without saying that my intension is to tell 'em to send me my order & to for go this 2.0 whatever. I've waited patiently and it's wearing thin.

From what I've learned, they have our bikes (mid March orders) if it's just a step-over XP in their warehouse now, getting prepped for shipment (add user manual, give it a once over, etc). However, we're first in line to "upgrade" @ a reduced promotional price. So, they'll extend said offer to customers like ourselves (which I won't personally accept) to choose to stick to the ones we purchased or the 2.0. It goes without saying that my intension is to tell 'em to send me my order & to for go this 2.0 whatever. I've waited patiently and it's wearing thin.
I understand. I live up in Maine so the weather is still somewhat chilly so i'm not too worried about the shipping (especially due to supply chain delays). If I can get a promise that it WILL be shipped by a certain date then id consider the upgrade

I understand. I live up in Maine so the weather is still somewhat chilly so i'm not too worried about the shipping (especially due to supply chain delays). If I can get a promise that it WILL be shipped by a certain date then id consider the upgrade
Oh, you won't pin them down to a specific day & time, I wouldn't think. My best guess would be to add the times listed in the last pic of the OP & start that time from the 18th of this month, going forward.

Any thoughts on 3 inch vs 4 inch tire?
Does the front suspension have lockout?

new paint sucks

I have no idea why they would call it 2.0.

no battery or motor improvements.

the front fork is the only slight improvement since there is no rear suspension. I don’t think it would make much difference for anyone strictly on pavement.

2.0.. idk, part of the moniker I guess. All of the accessories are labeled as 2.0 as well.
Motor is fine for what they're asking.
IP65 rating doesn't warrant any kind of a raise in price for a new model. Handlebar & paint kinda goes along with that too. The price difference is only justified (in my mind) through the heavy implimentation of mounting Points & that oil front shock fork. Too early to tell if it's going to be a 'good' fork or not @ this point. I could go either way on the 3" vs 4" tires. 4"= more cushion, but also, more rolling resistance. 3" probably works out to longer battery life as the motor wouldn't need to 'surge' as much to force the bigger tires (especially from a standstill).

Seems to be a great (not just good) product! Time will tell, they haven't sent mine out to me yet.

Btw, I was checking out your rack earlier lol. What was the multi-tool/cutter you had used to fashion the lid? I'm asking because it's by far the best basket I've seen yet. I kinda want to borrow your idea & try to come up with something similar.
Oscillating Multi Tool similar to this one. Oscillating Multi Tool I changed my milk crate thing since that video. Shaved off the top tray so it's just a flat lid and installed a motorcycle trunk case on lid of milk crate. Everything else is still the same.

I was given the choice to upgrade today. A link with a password to use if I want to take them up on the $50.00 - 2.0 upgrade. They don't tell you when to expect shipping but their website states the 2.0 Step Thru ships in 2 weeks and the 2.0 XP ships in 5 weeks. I'm staying with my original XP order. I've waited long enough ! I can do without a suspension fork.

I was given the choice to upgrade today. A link with a password to use if I want to take them up on the $50.00 - 2.0 upgrade. They don't tell you when to expect shipping but their website states the 2.0 Step Thru ships in 2 weeks and the 2.0 XP ships in 5 weeks. I'm staying with my original XP order. I've waited long enough ! I can do without a suspension fork.
Hey it's not every day I agree, Tom. But I agree! f*ck waiting around another 2 months. I'm trying to enjoy my summer! LOL. Just think, 3 weeks from now I'll have a 6 pack of Corona strapped to the back rack, headed to the River to spectate drunk natives brawling on the gravel bars 🤫.

Yeah, they also said we would get the XP‘s in four weeks and it’s going on nine.
@this point, it wouldn't surprise me a bit (if we were to look back @ this time last year) when they have us wait 12 weeks. That's the only real world comparison I have. Large quantity of orders. Pandemic shipping delays.

Back