Lectric Folding e-Trike

Didn't see anything on weight. If its in the 75-85# range, the portability of this for "older" folks will be very limited...but where there is a will, there is a way to get around it. I'm 70 and I sold my XP because it was a PITA to fold and lift in and out. I went with a 40# eBike and it was a great change for me. I would not buy this unless I had a better way to get it in and out of my vehicle (and no, having a friend along everytime I want to ride is not an option. This is a ground breaking deal comparing trikes currently on the market. I do like the the drivetrain design for sure. Nicely done. Simple, low cost. reliable.

We used to have an Addmotor e trike for my wife. She thought she would feel more stable on three wheels than two, but the opposite happened and she could not adjust to how the trike handled, so thus we both are back on two wheels.

Stokemonkey was a genius idea and bombed. A hub motor as a mid-drive is genius. Talk about sustainable and easy repairs!!! I despise those 20'wheels but this may be a game changer for the less than able and an excellent alternative to a cage. IT'S NOT AN EBIKE, but it is alternative electric transportation. The future, I hope.

We used to have an Addmotor e trike for my wife. She thought she would feel more stable on three wheels than two, but the opposite happened and she could not adjust to how the trike handled, so thus we both are back on two wheels.
Speed is a huge issue with a delta trike. And lots of trikes are crap designs. Day6 Joy has a wider wheelbase version that is quite a bit more stable. OR a recumbent trike is very stable, it's just that the laying down below cagers eye sight scares the crap out of me.

Speed is a huge issue with a delta trike. And lots of trikes are crap designs. Day6 Joy has a wider wheelbase version that is quite a bit more stable. OR a recumbent trike is very stable, it's just that the laying down below cagers eye sight scares the crap out of me.
thats why they came out with this guy I almost bought two since my wife could have one of her own behind me. https://www.rad-innovations.com/hase-bikes-trigo.html

LOL. Rad downgrades a popular model the Mini with the Expand, then comes out with a trike while Lecrtic improves their most popular model with the 3.0 and comes out with a trike that is $1,000 less than Rad and with better specs.

Just last night I bought the Lectric 3.0 and went to sleep excited thinking about it's arrival. When I woke up I saw an email announcing the new XP Trike and called them up and cancelled the 3.0. I can wait a few weeks to see more of the detailed specs like folding dimensions, etc and then decide if it's right for me. But if it is then damn, I dodged a bullet. :)

Got the 2 XPremiums for the holidays and luv em. Everybody that rides them is so impressed. Gotta luv competition. I think we picked right.

I put in for the updates.. Might get 2 of them.. One for my daughter and one for my Pastors Wife... She is disabled so I think this will get her outside a little bit... Does anyone think the controller can be unlocked to over the 14mph to say 20 mph? that would be ideal and double batteries...

I put in for the updates.. Might get 2 of them.. One for my daughter and one for my Pastors Wife... She is disabled so I think this will get her outside a little bit... Does anyone think the controller can be unlocked to over the 14mph to say 20 mph? that would be ideal and double batteries...
Do not ride at 20mph. Very dangerous!

I had a Buzz trike for a minute. Bought it for the wife. When tomjasz said don't go 20mph he is being serious! Turns are the enemy until you get used to it, and STILL take turns slow. But, that warning being said trikes can still be fun. Here's the problem with most trikes though. Someone hasn't ridden in years because of balance/lack of strength/older age and gets on a trike. YEAH, riding again feels so nice. So you get a false security and go to fast around a turn. Flip time.

My wife also had a few trike motorcycles, so she knows their unique handling traits. Again, trikes can be fun! But the reason she didn't take to the Buzz trike was because she couldn't get over far enough to let cars safely pass. Our streets a narrow and the trike was to wide for the sidewalk. I sold it to a friend and he loves the Buzz, and he can ride a 2 wheel bike just fine. But this Lectric trike should do very well. I'm also waiting for a honest review. I love my 3.0.

I am planning on getting 3 of these for various people that have issues from Pregnant to Back surgery and needing another surgery to finish but she refuses as she had some issues that laid her up in bed and immobile for 3 months.. Anyways.. looking to help get her out a little with her husband. Life isnt fun when you hurt and it doesnt help being stuck in the house all the time. If we can get a small window of exercise and clean air... Mission accomplished. doubt she would ever hit the 10mph mark but was wondering on the controller.

I am planning on getting 3 of these for various people that have issues from Pregnant to Back surgery and needing another surgery to finish but she refuses as she had some issues that laid her up in bed and immobile for 3 months.. Anyways.. looking to help get her out a little with her husband. Life isnt fun when you hurt and it doesnt help being stuck in the house all the time. If we can get a small window of exercise and clean air... Mission accomplished. doubt she would ever hit the 10mph mark but was wondering on the controller.
Good on you!
If the setup came out of my shop I'd have restricted the potential top speed.

I ordered 2 from them. Because this is a Pre Order the person I was going to get the third bike for has ordered another brand so she could get it faster.. Looking forward to my order being delivered

My opinion is they should make a trike with the 2 wheels up front with a u-joint/union that pivots like the Trikke 8 and dual hub motors up front WOW I might be on to something

My opinion is they should make a trike with the 2 wheels up front with a u-joint/union that pivots like the Trikke 8 and dual hub motors up front WOW I might be on to something
The union will allow you to lean into turns without tipping and keeping all the tires on the ground

Honda did something like what you recommend with the tilt. Honda Gyro scooter. I've ridden a few of them. Weird at first but very fun! I flipped the model that had a roof on it! The roof was a dumb idea, made it top heavy.

My wife has one on order and should be arriving shortly. Very curious as to how this will work for her now that we are living in town with access to psthes and bike routes.

Back