Lectric Bike XP light will not turn off

intohouse

Ok - hoping someone has an answer to this one.

the light on/off switch is stuck in on mode.

When I put the key in the bike and turn it, the light turns on (even before I’ve booted the trip computer)

When I turn on the trip computer the on/off switch is not turning off the lights.

So the good news is that the lights work, the bad part is that this is going to quickly drain the battery

Unplug it until you can figure it out via the connection plug with the arrows that are facing each other.

Its right above the front fender, or you can follow the wire coming from the headlight.

I would say contact lectric if the bike is still under warranty. Their customer service is usually top notch.

I would say contact lectric if the bike is still under warranty. Their customer service is usually top notch.
Yeah - my son will do that in the morning and when I get a response I will post here so we build up the community knowledge base

Ok - hoping someone has an answer to this one.

, the bad part is that this is going to quickly drain the battery

The good news is the led light probably only draws a couple of watts, way less than one percent of your "average" E-bike use. I doubt very much you could notice a difference in battery life whether the light is on or not.
I just looked it up for the heck of it, most LEDs have a maximum voltage of 3 volts, and an average current draw of 10 to 20 mA, for all intents, and purposes, that's no power at all.

.... I just looked it up for the heck of it, most LEDs have a maximum voltage of 3 volts, and an average current draw of 10 to 20 mA, for all intents, and purposes, that's no power at all.
You are way off, typical headlights, indoor lighting, and decent flashlights use what are generally categorized as Power LEDS. Visit the CREE website, if you know the Lumen output of the light you can get a typical power consumption.

The LEDs you are referencing are your typical indicator type.

Funny how some people like to tell others how wrong, or "way off" they are, yet offer nothing themselves except to suggest visiting some website, and do you own research.

OK, the headlight on the Lectric xp is described as not being very bright, Court said in his video review. I have a bright LED headlight, as many people do, and it runs a long time on just 3 AAAs. They run a very, very long time on just one 18650. So I'll stand by my statement that the light on a lectric xp uses an insignificant amount of power in comparison to the motor's usage. I doubt very much if you'd even notice, or for that matter measure a mileage difference if the light was on or off.

That said it would be nice if it worked as intended.

My xp supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Of course there would be a mileage difference if the light was on or off thats a no brainer.

Just because its not drawing a lot of power doesnt mean it doesnt increase the load on the controller and battery. Anything that increases the load on the battery and controller will always mean it affects battery mileage.

It was said in another post when the light is left on it takes about 5% of the battery, I am not sure where they got those numbers from but it seems logical.

It was said in another post when the light is left on it takes about 5% of the battery, I am not sure where they got those numbers from but it seems logical.

Not knowing where the numbers came from, or how they were arrived at, and then parroting them as your argument is NOT logical.

Again the light on the xp is not a high power unit, it's more for safety.

From Riese & Muller website https://www.r-m.de/en-en/technology/safety-technology/
All their bikes have daytime running lights for safety, they look about as bright (or even brighter) as that on the xp.

Quote from that site;
"all E-Bikes are factory-fitted with a daytime running light across all ranges. What is more, this has no appreciable impact on the range of your E-Bike battery."

Apologies to the OP. Good on Lectric for sending you another controller.

Not knowing where the numbers came from, or how they were arrived at, and then parroting them as your argument is NOT logical.

Says the guy who is quoting random links, like R&M is the ultimate sayso. We have Lectrics....

Says the guy who is quoting random links, like R&M is the ultimate sayso. We have Lectrics....
Wow, like to argue.
Hardly a random link.
Riese & Muller are two engineers, well respected, they design, and successfully sell their own e-bikes. Most would agree their word has some clout.
To quote this website "The company sells a full line of sport, commuter, cargo, and utility models that are renowned worldwide for their design and engineering quality."
I have a Lectric xp, got it two days ago, order #22157, and it's not my first ebike.

The reporting party or any XP owner could put this all to rest with a simple voltmeter. Since his light is unplugged, check the voltage between the two open leads, then check the amperage. V x A = Watts, post results, end of story.

Back