LCD Display Reads 0.0V but battery has 50V

Imonlyhooman

Hi,
I am getting tired of dealing with customer service they don't respond quickly or give me any good information so hoping someone here can help. I want to give them a pass because of COVID but....getting more frustrated daily.

I am dealing with someone there named Ross and he just frustrates me because he doesn't even take the time to address anything I ask or return my call instead just emails one liners like "sorry you are out of warranty". NO s*it. Well no s*it, I still want to fix it!

Anyway, sorry had to vent a little!

My issue is this, the battery is showing ~50v via a manual multimeter, and the charger thinks it is full as well (via green light) but when I plug the battery into the bike it shows 0.0V and it is also flashing.

What do I need to check or do to find out what is wrong with my bike? I feel like the bike is stuck in some weird mode or something. The bike will move on its own power for a about 30 seconds and then shut down completely. And I have even been able to repeat that process without charging.

Anyone have experience?

Attachments

• 20200416_172122.jpg
    20200416_172122.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 412
  • 20200416_172156.jpg
    20200416_172156.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 431
I don't have any experience with this issue, but all I can suggest to start fully about each connection and reseating them, the connections they use are sometime hard to tell if they are fully seated so check everything.

I don't understand what you mean by "The bike will move on its own power for a about 30 seconds and then shut down completely. And I have even been able to repeat that process without charging."

By "on it's own power", you mean it will run on it's battery for about 30 seconds and then shutdown?

If i interpreted you correctly; that is not surprising. The controller is not getting some signal it needs probably, again looks like it could just be a connection error. There are a lot of connections, some are probably hidden on the bike. I would hope Juiced could at least tell you which ones to check. However; from what I've read you can't expect too much support from them, and they don't even keep a minimum of parts available, so besides making some nice bikes, their customer and after sales support is pretty dismal.

Yes you understood correctly about on it's own power.

I will give it a whirl. They finally reached out to me after posting on their facebook. They say the only thing I can test is by sending it to them with a prepaid service.

I will try to check the connections everywhere first and see if I can find anything. They think it is probably the controller.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help! I found the problem rather quickly actually. There was a cable (the kind that has a threaded fastener) that had come loose! As soon as I plugged it back in and put the battery in it worked and showed 58V right away.

Thanks for the help! Wish Juiced would have some basic technical support that could have helped me in minutes and let me use my bike for the past month.....oh well got some exercise with no juice haha

Thanks for the help! I found the problem rather quickly actually. There was a cable (the kind that has a threaded fastener) that had come loose! As soon as I plugged it back in and put the battery in it worked and showed 58V right away.

Thanks for the help! Wish Juiced would have some basic technical support that could have helped me in minutes and let me use my bike for the past month.....oh well got some exercise with no juice haha
Fantastic! Ride-On!

Which cable was it? I'm asking because I have the exact same problem, except my display screen shuts off.

It ended up being one of the cables on the handle bar. The screw connections on the left handlebar area were loose and I just tightened them up and it fixed right away.

Back