LCD Control Panel in the rain?

Jazzcat

Hi,
I live in BC out on the wet coast of Canada. :) It rains a lot here in the winter and I'm wondering how does the LCD panel handle rain and do I need to get some kind of protective plastic cover for it?

Here is the manual for the LCD Control Panel - it says it's 'water proof' IP65 specs. So I guess we're good to go.

Not really 'water proof', more like water resistant.

from the web..

• IP65 Enclosure - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against water projected from a nozzle.

Attachments

• GSMkit-800S-lcd.pdf
    720 KB · Views: 615
It's important to remember the "5" in IP-65 ingress protection is for LOW pressure streams. This will NOT protect against high pressure washers. For rain, even heavy downpours (that are gravity driven), you should be fine.

The boat docks June 10th. Then we have to wait for the bikes to cross the country. Twice. Should we start a thread about delivery dates, or would that be too annoying for Benoit. I'm sure he's going to do the best he can. Actually, I'm just happy to be getting a really good product. If I wanted it NOW and was willing to settle for lesser quality, I could have just hopped the ferry to Vancouver and picked up a Voltbike. I think it will be worth the wait. :)

If you carry the bike ever on your vehicle in the rain it is best to cover it up with something I found out.....

The boat docks June 10th. Then we have to wait for the bikes to cross the country. Twice. Should we start a thread about delivery dates, or would that be too annoying for Benoit. I'm sure he's going to do the best he can. Actually, I'm just happy to be getting a really good product. If I wanted it NOW and was willing to settle for lesser quality, I could have just hopped the ferry to Vancouver and picked up a Voltbike. I think it will be worth the wait. :)
I feel the same, great product, worth the wait. I'm in the Toronto area, should be a bit faster than you ;)

Last edited:
Benoit emailed me today and reported the boat hasn't docked yet. He said he would know more on Monday. I'm sure you guys are checking for status updates as well.

We should get a chance to see a picture of this famous dog sometime. :)

Eagerly awaiting update on when the ship docks.....:)

We should get a chance to see a picture of this famous dog sometime. :)

Eagerly awaiting update on when the ship docks.....:)

Yes, Updates would be a nice change. :rolleyes: On a more positive note, maybe we will get lucky and they will be able to get the bikes out sooner than the new shipping date. :)

Hello everybody! Happy to know that our Téo eBikes make you guys excited. Our team is not active in forums, but you can always send us an email [email protected], it will be a pleasure for us to answer you. About the delivery time, we do not have the power to do it faster. Be sure we are as anxious as you. It is an unfortunate situation, but these things happen. On that, I wish you an excellent week from Téo's team!

Last edited:
This is the famous dog :cool:
Téo.jpg

Just for the curious among us, was the boat attacked by bicycle pirates, or was there a storm at sea? Did they forget the container with the bikes in it and had to go back for it? :)

Just for the curious among us, was the boat attacked by bicycle pirates, or was there a storm at sea? Did they forget the container with the bikes in it and had to go back for it? :)
I've been pondering that very question myself....:confused:

More likely giant squid. Probably the one that attacked the Nautilus in '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'. It probably thought the freighter was cute and gave it a hug. :)

Back