"LatchIt Rack" looks great tailgate option Trucks, Anyone Try It?

zipur

Region
USA
Latchitrack, I can't find reviews on this product. It looks like a great carrier for those who own trucks. It's light and utilizes the truck's tailgate locking points. What I love about it is your tailgate is down, which should reduce scratches and save some space in the bed. Ice chest, tents, and toolboxes will still have room. However, it's $399 looks high but my two-bike Thule was about that much and it bounces all over the place. I'm looking for a FIVE Bike option.
LatchItRack.com

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.05.08 AM.png

Still a struggle to get your heavy ebike up and over the bar.
What keeps your toolbox from sliding out?

Still a struggle to get your heavy ebike up and over the bar.
What keeps your toolbox from sliding out?
Yep, we all still face that problem. I've ordered the LatchIt Rack since there's no comments. I have four bikes to carry, 2 E-Bikes and 2 standard bikes. The Thule 4 bike option is really heavy and I don't even like my two bike Thule.
I'll post pictures soon, see what you think.

I think it would be really hard to lift the ebike over that rack let us know how it’s working.

Lazy people will always find the easiest way to do a thing. I've got my old dirt bike carrier and it works great but ... all those dang bungee coords. Most times I need to truck my bike somewheres ( very seldom ) I have a bunch of old pillows I keep laying around and I just cover the whole bed of the truck with them and lay my bike down ( derailleur side up ) on the pillows. If I was going to go any distance I would probably take off the left pedal.

Lazy people will always find the easiest way to do a thing. I've got my old dirt bike carrier and it works great but ... all those dang bungee coords. Most times I need to truck my bike somewheres ( very seldom ) I have a bunch of old pillows I keep laying around and I just cover the whole bed of the truck with them and lay my bike down ( derailleur side up ) on the pillows. If I was going to go any distance I would probably take off the left pedal.
Lazy or smart? I dunno...

Yep, we all still face that problem. I've ordered the LatchIt Rack since there's no comments. I have four bikes to carry, 2 E-Bikes and 2 standard bikes. The Thule 4 bike option is really heavy and I don't even like my two bike Thule.
I'll post pictures soon, see what you think.

Did you get this Latchit rack? How do you like it? Pictures?

Back