Large rubber floor mat?

Limeybastard

Region
USA
City
Florida Unfortunately.
Can anyone recommend a large rubber type floor mat so that oil and debris when doing maintenance on my ebikes can be collected and easily cleaned off.
I was thinking around 70x 90” or bigger perhaps. I’d normally work in the garage but it’s v hot and humid when I’m located. Cheers.

Can anyone recommend a large rubber type floor mat so that oil and debris when doing maintenance on my ebikes can be collected and easily cleaned off.
I was thinking around 70x 90” or bigger perhaps. I’d normally work in the garage but it’s v hot and humid when I’m located. Cheers.
I have these utility truck bed mats, I purchased from Tractor Supply. Available at a lot of auto supply stores. Heavy duty thick rubber and chemical resistant. Won't move on you. Makes a good anti fatigue mat. I use one in the garage and I have a smaller one on the back porch.

One piece at 90” would be heavy but the mats like at a Tractor are in manageable sections…put 2 together

The 48" x 96" mat I have is heavy at 36 pounds, but it's designed to be worked on and not move around. I'm not sure a 2.2 pound vinyl floor mat will be as durable or stay put. Depends on the work.

The 48" x 96" mat I have is heavy at 36 pounds, but it's designed to be worked on and not move around. I'm not sure a 2.2 pound vinyl floor mat will be as durable or stay put. Depends on the work.
when I think rubber mat I think a thick one. they get heavy. I sued to get horse stall mats to stand on worked great but heavy as hell but stayed put.

Usually, e-bike maintenance doesn't involve large quantities of fluids or debris. It isn't like working on a car or truck. Also, I'm not sure why you need something as big as 70 x 90". I use cheap 35" x 60" heavy nap beach towels. I buy them on sale and either wash them or throw them out if they get too dirty.

I’d look for as flat a mat as I could find. Grooves are hard to clean.
As long as they aren't too deep, they keep small parts from going far.

Carpet remnants work pretty good here too. When they get unsightly, just replace them!

Agree the ones used for horse/cattle purposes are too heavy.

I just use a cheap plastic tarp if I have to work inside. You can wipe them down and throw them away if they get too greasy. They fold up small and are easy to store.

XL puppy pads are perfect for catching drips from oiling the chain or bleeding the brakes.

As long as they aren't too deep, they keep small parts from going far.

Carpet remnants work pretty good here too. When they get unsightly, just replace them!
That's exactly what I did in my garage. 1/2 is an old carpet from the basement, and half bare concrete for rolling heavy things around.

The carpet is a bounce reducer/noise abatement, and I use shop towels for small drippy mats. Big messy jobs like oil changes on the motorcycle are done on the bare side with some kitty litter for spill clean up.

This is what I use in my shop in front of the work bench. It's light and inexpensive.

A large and cheap plastic shower curtain for all messy work. It's always little bit of dirt or whatever that go further than maybe 2 feet away from where the ebike stands a large area like that works very well. Then either rinse&clean or dump it if it's too dirty.
no mess on the hardwood floors !!

Back