Known Issues & Problems with Rize Bikes Products + Help, Solutions, & Fixes

Still looking for someone with some knowledge.
Try asking a specific question? If you are asking how to adjust the derailleur, there are dozens of you tube videos that take you through that process step by step....

I now use it on the chain every time I go out in rain snow or salt on roads, but now I do notice a slight stickiness when dried unless the chain is wiped really really clean. To me it isn't expensive for one bike. One spray can with straw has done my whole bike several times including dousing the battery until it ran out the other end. Can is half used.

EXCEPT BRAKES!!!
Now that snow and ice are over I've switched to using Dupont Chain Saver spray today. One thing it did well was to rinse out another lot of jet-black liquid even after repeated sprayings with ACF-50 and wiping down. I've never soaked the chain in degreaser or anything, I just spray and wipe several times over . Although I only ride city roads, lots of black particles come out every time. I switched just to try out a wax-based spray product.

OK. I contacted them. Seriously disappointed with their customer support. Mark insists that I have to wait for it to happen again and take a photo to prove it before they will help.

I suggested to him that that was silly because I didn't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere again before trying to remedy the matter. He told me it was their process and there was nothing he could do. I said that the only possible reason for not offering any help without a photo was because they didn't believe me. And what reason would I have to lie since I'm totally happy with the bike overall apart from this potentially serious matter.

Why have an error code at all if it can't simply be reported to them? What logic is there in making me ride it until it happens again before they offer assistance?

After a VERY long argument he said he'd get a senior tech to call me. We'll see.
Rize bikes are HORRIBLE, really bad. Their service is designed to make us give up.

I have a Rize City MD I have had several problems in the year that I have owned it. Headlight and tail light intermittently working, It would come on and when I pedalled it would cut out. Had a few scary rides home after dark. Eventually traced it to a damaged wire in the motor compartment that had been pinched in the original assembly. Next I had problems with the battery not charging. After much going back and forth with Tech i sent them the battery and charger which they tested and sent back saying there was nothing wrong. Meanwhile I repaired the headlight short so the only thing I can think is that it was affecting the controller?
Currently my rear brake has started needing to be pumped to work. If I pump it 2-3 times it builds enough pressure to brake some. I have sent a request to Rize but based on the past responses I think I'm going to take the bike to my local shop and see what they suggest. Hopefully it just needs to be bled?

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Rize Bikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
I have a Rize City MD I have had several problems in the year that I have owned it. Headlight and tail light intermittently working, It would come on and when I pedalled it would cut out. Had a few scary rides home after dark. Eventually traced it to a damaged wire in the motor compartment that had been pinched in the original assembly. Next I had problems with the battery not charging. After much going back and forth with Tech i sent them the battery and charger which they tested and sent back saying there was nothing wrong. Meanwhile I repaired the headlight short so the only thing I can think is that it was affecting the controller?
Currently my rear brake has started needing to be pumped to work. If I pump it 2-3 times it builds enough pressure to brake some. I have sent a request to Rize but based on the past responses I think I'm going to take the bike to my local shop and see what they suggest. Hopefully it just needs to be bled?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I had the same issue fon my City MD. I watched some YouTube videos, bought a hydraulic brake kit, drained and replaced the fluid and they work great. It cost me $30 and time. I hope you have great rides this season.

Back