Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Excellent customer service experience: had a minor part failure (brake clamp stripped), sent Juiced a screenshot of the bill ($21) for replacement part and labor, and they immediately refunded me.

Same here...I found their service to be top notch. They answer promptly and seem to always have the information I need at hand. I am really impressed with their after sales service and their willingness to go the extra mile. 5 Star!!

Good to hear! I’ve been researching all year long for the perfect bike which I will be purchasing the end of the year and went through considering the Stromer, the Cafe from Vintage Electric Bikes, and I’ve recently discovered the Juiced CCX. This price point especially considering what it comes with stock is outstanding and I haven’t heard many issues with the bike itself other than minor common problems such as spokes breaking, but if the service improves then the Juiced CCX will clearly be my choice.

Good to hear! I’ve been researching all year long for the perfect bike which I will be purchasing the end of the year and went through considering the Stromer, the Cafe from Vintage Electric Bikes, and I’ve recently discovered the Juiced CCX. This price point especially considering what it comes with stock is outstanding and I haven’t heard many issues with the bike itself other than minor common problems such as spokes breaking, but if the service improves then the Juiced CCX will clearly be my choice.
In a post on another thread, @Tora Harris said that they now have a fully-staffed service department. He didn't elaborate on what exactly that entails, but sounds promising for those of us who felt that improvement of service was the last big hurdle for Juiced Bikes to become a truly major player instead of a company-with-promise.

We notice some users have some difficulty with the battery install and some intermittent power over bumps. We have had a little bit of time to understand the issue. Here is why there are some tight fitting battery packs.

The down tube of the frames are extruded like pasta then cut to the length required. The tubes are then CNC cut out. Basically its a precise drill that cuts out that battery cavity section.

The big packs (17.4 and 21.0 Ah) we make our selves and have more control.

The standard packs 8.8 Ah and 12.8 Ah packs we buy from Reention (http://www.reention.com/product/2) the battery case, the upper and lower interface bits. The interface bits get screwed into upper and lower slots of the cavity that is cut out of the frame.

When you insert the battery, it should snap in and lock. Everything has to be millimeter precise or the pack will:

1. Rattle around and disconnect over bumps.
2. Be too tight and does not set all the way in and disconnect over bumps.

The tricky part from the manufacturing standpoint is that the parts are changing at different rates but they all have to come together with millimeter precision.

So the cavity of the downtube can be adjusted by adjusting the numbers in the CAD file which is used to CNC cut the tube, easy. The plastic parts are basically not changeable by us. they are injection moulded and sent to us, so we just buy it. Hard.

The thing is the company making the case and the battery parts sometimes make tiny changes to the design. We have to each adjust the CNC to the plastic parts. All this creates massive confusion, on a few of the Air bikes the section is a little too tight.

We have checked all the bikes as they come off the line and the battery can go in and lock solidly in place, yes but it is quite tight. Tight is better as the interface parts are plastic and can compress over time. There has been some reports from other assemblers of the pack being so loose they fall out. We have the opposite problem.

Most all of the packs that lost power is because the pack is not all the way seated and locked in place. One way to test this is to insert the battery, then try to pull the pack out without turning the key.

1. If the pack comes out without turning the key. It WILL disconnect over bumps.
2. If the pack stays locked in and can’t be pulled out, it is very unlikely the pack will disconnect over bumps.

The tricky thing on some of the bikes is the pack is so tight that tricks some users from thinking the pack is locked in when actually it is not. It is something like when you slightly close a car door. It seems closed, but its not really all the way closed. You have to use a bit of force to get it to shut completely. We found if you install and remove it a few times it gets much easier to do as the plastic beds in a little.

In the future productions we will have this issue solved, by firstly more carefully understanding the battery and interface bits more carefully before doing the CNC work.

So what if the battery still cannot sit in totally and lock in place even after pushing with more force? Contact our Tech support again and we have several ways to improve it and can get 100% of them to work normally.
So since the CCX has the bigger battery, which you manufacture yourselves, you are expecting that this should be a non issue with the CCX?

So since the CCX has the bigger battery, which you manufacture yourselves, you are expecting that this should be a non issue with the CCX?
The CCX, from the photos and visits I've seen, has a wider cutout in the frame to mount the battery in. This should contribute to a more secure fit.

But, FWIW, we haven't seen the loose battery problem mentioned on this forum for a couple of months. That could mean some have dealt with it without posting about it - many thousands of Juiced owners never post here ever - or that it has been solved.

My experience with customer service was also top notch. Received my CCS early August and headlight didn't work. Service responded immediately and sent me a new light which still did not work. I had noticed my voltage readings seemed too high (wouldn't have known that if not for these forums) so I also sent pics of my display. Service said probably a defective controller and I sent it in. It was reading 10 volts higher than it should have and was the reason for my headlight not working. Had to wait about a week for a new controller but everything is working great now and I am loving it.

The CCX, from the photos and visits I've seen, has a wider cutout in the frame to mount the battery in. This should contribute to a more secure fit.
It would be nice if the space between the CCX bottom stays was a bit wider to allow for a wider selection of tires. Just saw a vid on a zip-on, zip-off
tread that mounts over your tire for conditions like snow or mud. I think that´s an idea worthy of development, but not quite ripe.

Last edited:
I’m very excited about this new CCX, but the only thing it is missing are integrated rear lights that brightens when applying either of the brakes. Either way, think I’m sold and look forward to my 50th birthday by then end of the year!

I’m very excited about this new CCX, but the only thing it is missing are integrated rear lights that brightens when applying either of the brakes. Either way, think I’m sold and look forward to my 50th birthday by then end of the year!

M, since you´ve mentioned brakes, Those hydralic discs will stop the bike, but you might not if you get heavy-handed on them.o_O

Just a reminder, It´s not a bad idea to check for loose spokes & wheel true once in a while. Pete, I´m murder on spokes being big & using
my CCS like a mtn bike, even after re-spoke to 11s. Pulling off the wheel is a project on it´s own, but I´ve learned how to replace a spoke
without taking the wheel off. Deflate tire, use tire levers & pull tire & tube to one side at the site of the spoke. Pull back the rim strip.
Replace spoke being careful not to lose a nipple into the hollow rim. replace rim strip, tire, & tube, re-inflate. Hydraulic brakes are great
for stopping, but hell on spokes if you grab ´em hard.

If you have an HF1100 be wary of buying the rear rack + fender set listed on the accessories page. The one I got didn't fit and it's made of aluminum so bending it is a good way to get it to crack and lose integrity. Juiced support is currently suggesting that I just buy another set instead of stepping up and trying to fix anything.

Attachments

• 6C533ADD-2316-41A2-B89A-B8FCBF6978F3.jpeg
    6C533ADD-2316-41A2-B89A-B8FCBF6978F3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 485
Last edited:
I placed my order for the 9 transistor Cross Current S controller but this is what I received. I’m pretty sure this is the old 6 transistor controller. A little bummed out since I wanted to install it this weekend. I’ve sent an e-mail to support so hopefully they can get me one shipped out soon.

Pretty sure it’s supposed to look like this:

https://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-222k5li/product_images/uploaded_images/img-7436.jpg?t=1528302677
Thank you for letting us know and sorry for the mixup, the team is aware and will get this fixed first thing tomorrow.

I had a loose battery issue with my CCS purchased in January. Customer support eventually had me ship my battery back to them after they sent me a couple replacement mounts that did not fix the problem. They sent me back my battery without doing anything to fix the problem. They did say the reason why there was a loose connection was that the weight of the battery was distorting the plastic housing of the battery and making it less snug. They were not willing to replace my battery with a smaller one but did offer me a 10% discount on a new battery - I think they should have offered more - such as battery at manufacture price - since the battery has a design flaw. They did recommend I purchase a rubber belt to fasten the battery secure. I didn't like this option since I remove the battery every day for charging and didn't want the hassle of the belt. I ended up using an epoxy glue to fill in 2 mm or so of the gap in the battery housing and now I am getting a very good snug fit between battery and mount. It's been 1 month or so since I did this fix. Hopefully it lasts.

I had a loose battery issue with my CCS purchased in January. Customer support eventually had me ship my battery back to them after they sent me a couple replacement mounts that did not fix the problem. They sent me back my battery without doing anything to fix the problem. They did say the reason why there was a loose connection was that the weight of the battery was distorting the plastic housing of the battery and making it less snug. They were not willing to replace my battery with a smaller one but did offer me a 10% discount on a new battery - I think they should have offered more - such as battery at manufacture price - since the battery has a design flaw. They did recommend I purchase a rubber belt to fasten the battery secure. I didn't like this option since I remove the battery every day for charging and didn't want the hassle of the belt. I ended up using an epoxy glue to fill in 2 mm or so of the gap in the battery housing and now I am getting a very good snug fit between battery and mount. It's been 1 month or so since I did this fix. Hopefully it lasts.

Poor customer service for sure......shame on JUICED! You should have gotten a new battery for free.

I had a loose battery issue with my CCS purchased in January. I ended up using an epoxy glue to fill in 2 mm or so of the gap in the battery housing and now I am getting a very good snug fit between battery and mount. It's been 1 month or so since I did this fix. Hopefully it lasts.

So I upgraded my original Cross Current with the CCS controller and LCD display last night. The bike definitely feels more powerful. However, I’m having an issue with the LCD display voltage reading high (over 60V with a 48V battery) and the bike always gives me 100% power regardless of which mode I am in (even in eco.) The LCD display did this with the stock controller and is still doing it with the CCS controller installed so I opened a support ticket as I think I might have a bad display. I guess it could be the 1-4 harness if that changed on the CCS.

I’m also wondering if I can buy this harness separately? The only option on the website is to pay $49 for the whole wide body receiver assembly, which I can’t use on my bike, just to get the harness.

Attachments

• C870009D-9FF0-41FD-A5D7-D86443F96454.jpeg
    C870009D-9FF0-41FD-A5D7-D86443F96454.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Update, didn’t get the most confident response from Juiced support. They suggested I replace the 1-4 cable so I ordered one. I hope that works and isn’t just throwing money at the issue.

Bike is so fast now that I’m having trouble getting a workout lol.

Back