Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

This problem isn't necessarily specific to Juiced bikes but my chain keeps jumping off to the inside of my front crank. How do I fix this, set the limiter on rear derailleur? Increase chain tension?

This problem isn't necessarily specific to Juiced bikes but my chain keeps jumping off to the inside of my front crank. How do I fix this, set the limiter on rear derailleur? Increase chain tension?
This problem is something your LBS can easily deal with since this also happens on non electric bikes. The LBS has to move the chain ring few millimeters inward to prevent the chain from falling when you are in the first gear (biggest sprocket).

Or you can just simply put a chain guide.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
Thanks for the chain info. Btw, what is this horrible grey/silver chain lube they use? It's absolutely filthy. Maybe I'm just a bike noob and it's something really great but I hate it, especially after having to put the chain back on so many times and getting it all over my hand.

So a few days of riding now after having the new battery mounts installed and not a single power cut out so hopefully problem solved!
That's great! I got my bike back with repairs too. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I plan to make use of it this upcoming week!

Thanks for the chain info. Btw, what is this horrible grey/silver chain lube they use? It's absolutely filthy. Maybe I'm just a bike noob and it's something really great but I hate it, especially after having to put the chain back on so many times and getting it all over my hand.
That's a rustproof coating. It wears off over time.

So I bought a Crosscurrent from a local ebike shop just under a month ago. Ever since I bought it, I had occasional cutouts, which I assumed were due to the motor overheating when pedaling too hard in warm weather.

Well, I was wrong. About a week ago, the battery on my Crosscurrent died entirely, confirming a sneaking suspicion that it was the battery, not the motor, that was shutting off. I contacted Juiced Bikes support over a week ago with no human response. What exactly do they expect me to do? Shell out another $500 for a replacement battery? This is the worst customer support I’ve ever experienced. I’m a college student and can’t afford to keep flushing money down the drain because a company doesn’t even have a support department.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with an actual person at Juiced so I can get something resembling communication about this failure?

I'm assuming you put in a support ticket. Juiced is in California so its best to call them during California business hours. Here is there number from their web page.

Juiced Bikes
1085 Bay Blvd, Suite B
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Tel: 1-888-303-8889

Additionally you have an added benefit that you purchased from a LBS. I would take it there and ask them to help with your issue. If they have other Cross Currents on the floor is to ask them to test with another battery or even swap one they have on the floor and make them deal with Juiced. Leverage the LBS and hopefully you can get this resolved quickly.

best of luck

Andy

So I bought a Crosscurrent from a local ebike shop just under a month ago. Ever since I bought it, I had occasional cutouts, which I assumed were due to the motor overheating when pedaling too hard in warm weather.

Well, I was wrong. About a week ago, the battery on my Crosscurrent died entirely, confirming a sneaking suspicion that it was the battery, not the motor, that was shutting off. I contacted Juiced Bikes support over a week ago with no human response. What exactly do they expect me to do? Shell out another $500 for a replacement battery? This is the worst customer support I’ve ever experienced. I’m a college student and can’t afford to keep flushing money down the drain because a company doesn’t even have a support department.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with an actual person at Juiced so I can get something resembling communication about this failure?

I wouldn't even try to contact Juiced. Take the bike back to the bike shop where you bought it and have them fix it. It sounds like you have the bad battery mount problem that others have had. They can test the battery at the shop to rule that out as the problem.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even try to contact Juiced. Take the bike back to the bike shop where you bought it and have them fix it. It sounds like you have the bad battery mount problem that others have had. They can test the battery at the shop to rule that out as the problem.

I can confirm that it’s not a bad battery mount - the battery pack itself is failing. When I press the button on top of the battery to check the charge, the LEDs don’t light up (or if they do, they do so very rarely and don’t stay on while holding the button). I suspect it’s an issue with a loose connection inside the battery pack itself. I’m pretty damn comfortable opening up and tinkering with electronics, having built my own PCs, but there are no schematics or manuals for the internal components of the battery as far as I can tell.

@Andy_in_CA: I contacted Juiced via their web support page, and they have not provided anything resembling a human response. It’s been over a week now. I talked to my LBS, and they’ll only sell me a replacement battery - all warranty support goes through Juiced, according to them. I live in MI, so I don’t exactly work on California time, and their support phone goes straight to voicemail. The new paradigm of customer service: no humans!

I'm assuming you put in a support ticket. Juiced is in California so its best to call them during California business hours. Here is there number from their web page.

Juiced Bikes
1085 Bay Blvd, Suite B
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Tel: 1-888-303-8889

Additionally you have an added benefit that you purchased from a LBS. I would take it there and ask them to help with your issue. If they have other Cross Currents on the floor is to ask them to test with another battery or even swap one they have on the floor and make them deal with Juiced. Leverage the LBS and hopefully you can get this resolved quickly.

best of luck

Andy
I can confirm that it’s not a bad battery mount - the battery pack itself is failing. When I press the button on top of the battery to check the charge, the LEDs don’t light up (or if they do, they do so very rarely and don’t stay on while holding the button). I suspect it’s an issue with a loose connection inside the battery pack itself. I’m pretty damn comfortable opening up and tinkering with electronics, having built my own PCs, but there are no schematics or manuals for the internal components of the battery as far as I can tell.

@Andy_in_CA: I contacted Juiced via their web support page, and they have not provided anything resembling a human response. It’s been over a week now. I talked to my LBS, and they’ll only sell me a replacement battery - all warranty support goes through Juiced, according to them. I live in MI, so I don’t exactly work on California time, and their support phone goes straight to voicemail. The new paradigm of customer service: no humans![/Q

@Andy_in_CA: I contacted Juiced via their web support page, and they have not provided anything resembling a human response. It’s been over a week now. I talked to my LBS, and they’ll only sell me a replacement battery - all warranty support goes through Juiced, according to them. I live in MI, so I don’t exactly work on California time, and their support phone goes straight to voicemail. The new paradigm of customer service: no humans!
You must have purchased the bike at H.E.H. That's the only Juiced Bikes dealer listed in MI. Under warranty it states: "Please see your local Juiced Dealer or email [email protected] to inquire". That would suggest the dealer should deal with the issue.

Bummer, sucks the LBS should support you more and at least contact Juiced as well. Try calling at noon your time that's 9am over in CA.

Unless you are in school to be an electrical engineer I would not open it up...that will also void your warranty with Juiced ( if they ever get back to you).

I would try a other support ticket and call at noon on Monday.

Lemme know how it goes....

Andy

I ended up going to HEH and had a talk with the owner, Jim. He mentioned that he’s had issues with Juiced (and other manufacturers) giving him the runaround with regards to replacing parts that were defective or damaged in shipment. He also said that he’d be glad to contact Juiced on my behalf (in addition to the support ticket and angry voicemail I left), but he couldn’t afford to replace defective batteries out of pocket. Considering that HEH is a tiny family-owned shop, this is understandable - I don’t blame the dealer for this defect, and I expect the manufacturer to stand behind their hardware.

This ended with me purchasing a replacement 8.8Ah battery for almost $500 after tax, and giving HEH my defective battery in case Juiced decided to respond to their ticket first. I’d rather not deal with the hassle of shipping a 20 lb brick if Juiced decide they want the defective battery back for diagnosis.

As I was heading home, I got a text message from a 619 area code - apparently, Juiced decided to contact me, and I had a phone conversation with their customer support manager, who seemed very apologetic and understanding. He stated that they would email me with more information, and that their ticketing system had been down for a while due to a bug that was resulting in tickets being closed automatically. Sounds like a strange reason not to answer voicemails, but at least I’m being helped.

After explaining the issue, the CS manager stated that HEH should have replaced my battery instead of selling me a new one, and that I should return the battery I purchased, as Juiced will be sending me a replacement battery. He also stated that since the bike was in HEH’s showroom for some time, the defective battery’s cells may have failed due to lack of charge/discharge cycling.

From what I understand about Li-Ion batteries, they can be stored for substantial periods of time without cell degradation as long as they are kept at around 60-70% charge. Please feel free to correct me - I am not a battery engineer.

I tested the new battery I purchased from HEH, and it works perfectly, as does the throttle kit that Jim from HEH showed me how to install. I did not receive an email with any follow-up information or instructions on what Juiced needs to complete the warranty replacement after the call.

At this point, I’d rather trust HEH over Juiced. I am getting the impression that Juiced is trying to throw HEH under the bus for their own complacency in responding to customer service requests, which makes me very uncomfortable. I will be sure to update if anything new develops.

From what I understand about Li-Ion batteries, they can be stored for substantial periods of time without cell degradation as long as they are kept at around 60-70% charge. Please feel free to correct me - I am not a battery engineer.

Yes, this is correct, you mostly just want to make sure they do not drain all the way to zero charge. I’ve measured my Cross Current batteries (I have two) and they lose very little charge. The problem is people park their e-bikes for months at a time with very little charge left in the battery and they drain to zero. I was talking to a fellow OG Cross Current owner (they’re popular around here) and he put his bike into storage last winter. Forgot to periodically check the battery and it drained to zero killing the battery. It was replaced by our dealer under warranty. There are definitely some people taking advantage of the battery warranty IMO. That’s also the main reason I think they do not enable the USB port as it can place a small drain on the battery which would dramatically increase the number of warranty claims.

I wouldn’t necessarily trust the dealer. They are happy to make a margin on the bike sale but it sounds they don’t want to do any sort of warranty work. They shouldn’t expect you to pay out of pocket to fix a bike that they sold to you as ‘new’ with a warranty. That’s not how it works with any new bike that I’ve ever purchased (e-bike or otherwise.) My dealer has been awesome always fixing my bike within one day and giving me a loaner bike to ride in the meantime.

Last edited:
The only reason I picked up the battery was because I didn’t expect Juiced to respond to my ticket, which (of course) happened directly after I purchased a replacement battery - and I didn’t expect to get a free replacement from the dealer, considering how small this place is. It’s the only electric bike place within 10 miles of here, and it’s a really small bike shop. I wouldn’t expect such a small shop to stock replacement and warranty parts for every single bike they sell, but I would expect the manufacturer to respond to voicemails and tickets promptly.

I was also getting the impression that Juiced would have rather had the bike shop take the hit for replacing a manufacturer defect, rather than replace the defective part under their warranty. Maybe I’m too used to tech warranties, but generally I want to talk to the manufacturer when I need a warranty replacement on a part. For example, I wouldn’t take an iPhone to Best Buy to get it fixed, I’d take it to Apple, because Apple provides the warranty, and I expect them to provide a warranty replacement.

Obviously, this may be different with bikes, as they’re not gadgets. But using that template of logic for getting warranty service, I would expect Juiced to provide the replacement battery, rather than the retailer I bought the bike from. If this is misguided logic, then I’m open to other insights.

The only reason I picked up the battery was because I didn’t expect Juiced to respond to my ticket, which (of course) happened directly after I purchased a replacement battery - and I didn’t expect to get a free replacement from the dealer, considering how small this place is.

Did you buy the bike from this dealer? The dealer wouldn’t have to eat the cost of the battery. Juiced Bikes would send them a replacement battery under warranty. I’m not saying they should stock every replacement part. Nor would I necessarily expect him to ‘front’ you a new battery and wait for Juiced Bikes to send him a replacement (although I’m fairly certain my dealer would do exactly that.) It just seems questionable for the dealer to sell you a battery when he knows full-well that it should be covered under warranty. I wasn’t there so I obviously don’t know what exactly he told you. I swapped a battery out through my dealer (my first 10.4ah was bad) and it was a seamless process with no expectation of money changing hands. I did have to wait a week for it though.

I was also getting the impression that Juiced would have rather had the bike shop take the hit for replacing a manufacturer defect, rather than replace the defective part under their warranty.

The dealer would not be expected to eat the cost of the failed parts. Many dealers do not like doing warranty work because they make less money vs. retail bike maintenance. That wouldn’t really apply with the battery since it takes about 30 seconds to swap out. I’ve had a few repairs done under warranty and my dealer A) didn’t complain and B) I wasn’t expected to pay for any of it.

Maybe I’m too used to tech warranties, but generally I want to talk to the manufacturer when I need a warranty replacement on a part. For example, I wouldn’t take an iPhone to Best Buy to get it fixed, I’d take it to Apple, because Apple provides the warranty, and I expect them to provide a warranty replacement.

Think of it more like a car. You wouldn’t call the manufacturer. You would take your car to the dealer for warranty work.

Last edited:
I ended up going to HEH and had a talk with the owner, Jim. He mentioned that he’s had issues with Juiced (and other manufacturers) giving him the runaround with regards to replacing parts that were defective or damaged in shipment. He also said that he’d be glad to contact Juiced on my behalf (in addition to the support ticket and angry voicemail I left), but he couldn’t afford to replace defective batteries out of pocket. Considering that HEH is a tiny family-owned shop, this is understandable - I don’t blame the dealer for this defect, and I expect the manufacturer to stand behind their hardware.

This ended with me purchasing a replacement 8.8Ah battery for almost $500 after tax, and giving HEH my defective battery in case Juiced decided to respond to their ticket first. I’d rather not deal with the hassle of shipping a 20 lb brick if Juiced decide they want the defective battery back for diagnosis.

As I was heading home, I got a text message from a 619 area code - apparently, Juiced decided to contact me, and I had a phone conversation with their customer support manager, who seemed very apologetic and understanding. He stated that they would email me with more information, and that their ticketing system had been down for a while due to a bug that was resulting in tickets being closed automatically. Sounds like a strange reason not to answer voicemails, but at least I’m being helped.

After explaining the issue, the CS manager stated that HEH should have replaced my battery instead of selling me a new one, and that I should return the battery I purchased, as Juiced will be sending me a replacement battery. He also stated that since the bike was in HEH’s showroom for some time, the defective battery’s cells may have failed due to lack of charge/discharge cycling.

I tested the new battery I purchased from HEH, and it works perfectly, as does the throttle kit that Jim from HEH showed me how to install. I did not receive an email with any follow-up information or instructions on what Juiced needs to complete the warranty replacement after the call.

At this point, I’d rather trust HEH over Juiced. I am getting the impression that Juiced is trying to throw HEH under the bus for their own complacency in responding to customer service requests, which makes me very uncomfortable. I will be sure to update if anything new develops.
Yes, this is correct, you mostly just want to make sure they do not drain all the way to zero charge. I’ve measured my Cross Current batteries (I have two) and they lose very little charge. The problem is people park their e-bikes for months at a time with very little charge left in the battery and they drain to zero. I was talking to a fellow OG Cross Current owner (they’re popular around here) and he put his bike into storage last winter. Forgot to periodically check the battery and it drained to zero killing the battery. It was replaced by our dealer under warranty. There are definitely some people taking advantage of the battery warranty IMO. That’s also the main reason I think they do not enable the USB port as it can place a small drain on the battery which would dramatically increase the number of warranty claims.

I wouldn’t necessarily trust the dealer. They are happy to make a margin on the bike sale but it sounds they don’t want to do any sort of warranty work. They shouldn’t expect you to pay out of pocket to fix a bike that they sold to you as ‘new’ with a warranty. That’s not how it works with any new bike that I’ve ever purchased (e-bike or otherwise.) My dealer has been awesome always fixing my bike within one day and giving me a loaner bike to ride in the meantime.[/
The dealer wouldn’t have to eat the cost of the battery. Juiced Bikes would send them a replacement battery under warranty. I’m not saying they should stock every replacement part. It just seems questionable for the dealer to sell you a battery when he knows full-well that it should be covered under warranty. I swapped a battery out through my dealer (my first 10.4ah was bad) and it was a seamless process with no expectation of money changing hands.

The dealer would not be expected to eat the cost of the failed parts. Many dealers do not like doing warranty work because they make less money vs. retail bike maintenance. That wouldn’t really apply with the battery since it takes about 30 seconds to swap out. I’ve had a few repairs done under warranty and my dealer A) didn’t complain and B) I wasn’t expected to pay for any of it.

Think of it more like a car. You wouldn’t call the manufacturer. You would take your car to the dealer for warranty work.[
Did you buy the bike from this dealer? The dealer wouldn’t have to eat the cost of the battery. Juiced Bikes would send them a replacement battery under warranty. I’m not saying they should stock every replacement part. Nor would I necessarily expect him to ‘front’ you a new battery and wait for Juiced Bikes to send him a replacement (although I’m fairly certain my dealer would do exactly that.) It just seems questionable for the dealer to sell you a battery when he knows full-well that it should be covered under warranty. I wasn’t there so I obviously don’t know what exactly he told you. I swapped a battery out through my dealer (my first 10.4ah was bad) and it was a seamless process with no expectation of money changing hands. I did have to wait a week for it though.

Think of it more like a car. You wouldn’t call the manufacturer. You would take your car to the dealer for warranty work.
Dealers often sell bikes that have been on the shop floor for many months, often at a reduced price, if they are last years model. However, the batteries stay on the bike and I suspect are rarely charged, if at all, causing the battery to degrade. Of course the bike is sold as new so is covered by warranty, but i'd steer clear of those bikes. Definitely something to keep in mind when shopping for an ebike.

Last edited:
I think yes and no.... I had concerns about servicing the bike I bought. But Sam at Electronic Bicycle Center (in Fullerton CA, yes its a plug because he's awesome) said that he can fix just about anything on the bike as he's been in the ebike business for 9+ years. And he said if I needed a party he would pull one off of a bike on the floor to get me fixed and happy and then deal with the manufacturer. To me that's good business that's going to make me buy more bikes from Sam.

Being a small Mom and Pop shop doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of your customers.... just my .02

It could be the case that the dealer did not take care of the battery well or it was bad from Juiced... either way still sucks... sorry. But glad you have a working battery. But i'm curious is the battery that was sold to you a Juiced battery that fits the bike? Was it an older cross current (350 watt motor) or a New Cross Current S? Those batteries are integrated into the frame and the dealer had a other batter that fit the CC or CCS battery mount?

Andy

Last edited:
Back