Known Issues & Problems with IZIP Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

2016 Dash owner with 500 miles and 3 major issues. First, I have already noticed a marked decrease in battery life. I used to ride 8 miles each way back and forth to work in PAS 4 with 20% battery left when I got home. Now I can only ride in PAS 3 to work, then usually have to drop to PAS 2 part way home. Second, I have also worn out the 11 tooth gear in the cassette. The teeth look like shark fins and it slips constantly, so I can no longer use my highest gear which was already too low for several descents along the commute. Third, the push button throttle never worked. IZIP provided some troubleshooting advice, but no joy. I just got her in May, so I'll see how good the warranties are.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from IZIP as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from IZIP as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

hello everyone just need a little help with my battery. I have the Izip protour and I am trying to charge the battery however when I plug the charger in the battery the red light on the battery flashes and does not charge it should be still red for it to be charging correctly. Also when I put the charger in I hear a blowing noise that sounds like something is blowing up a little inside the battery which is not good. I checked the fuse but looks fine battery works fine but is now dead with no charge left. Thank u

Help Please. I have a 2016 Izip Zuma, which will only intermittantly power up. sometimes the display will fully light, then go dead, other times simply flash briefly. The selling shop no longer sells or services the brand, and the Currie dealer locally doesn't want to touch it. The control unit is pictured. When the unit occasionally powers up, motor and battery work fine. Bottom bracket has been cleaned and checked for loose connections.

Attachments

• 20190829_093240.jpg
    20190829_093240.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 543
Back