Known Issues & Problems with iGo Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from iGo as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I purchased an iGo Metro Ergofit. For one blissful month it ran perfectly. Then, one morning the bike wouldn't turn on. The battery had shown a half-full status the last time I had ridden it (2 days prior). When I put the battery on the charger, it showed as being charged. Customer service advised me to plug the battery in while on the bike, but still the bicycle wouldn't turn on. iGo can't seem to find a dealer to work on it in my area, and although they were willing to send me a new bike (!) they apparently are out of stock. Has anyone else had this issue? What else can I try? (I did check that that brake levers are not partially pulled so as to deploy the motor cutoff.)

@iGo Owner, you might have a simple controller issue if it's not the motor inhibitor's causing this issue. Do you see any indication of power turning on, perhaps at an indicator at the throttle? If so, you might have a throttle issue. Now, if your battery is not actually getting a full charge, then this could be a protective low voltage cut off caused by a faulty battery or charger. As you can see from my short list, there are several possible causes for what your scooter is doing. I suggest you find any decent ebike or escooter dealer near you, whether they sell this brand or not, since they can do diagnostics and perhaps connect with your manufacturer for other parts. They can check the output of the charger, battery voltage, etc.

Very generous of the company to send you a whole replacement scooter! Please keep us updated.

The solution might not be as simple as you thought. The controller is in the hub itself they tell me.

I'm looking to put front fender on a iGO Discovery Berri, original screws were lost. I need to find out what size the 4 screws are? 2 different ones?
if anyone could supply me with that info?
Thanks

Back