Known Issues & Problems with Fazya Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Fazua as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Had a Boardman Hybrid bike with the Fazua system since the end of August. Initially very pleased with the system but have now run into a problem. When riding the system cuts out without warning (all lights go out on remote) needing a restart from the remote. Have run the diagnostics from the Fazua toolbox, no faults shown. Has anyone had a similar issue.

Interesting customer feedback found for Focus Paralane2 on bike24 online shop: https://www.bike24.com/p2296431.html?q=focus paralane2

One customer reports m6 bolts that fix Bottom Bracket to the frame fell off after first 70km ride.

Other customer reports Battery/Motor block to fall off after 7month of use.

Also many people on german forum https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/i...-wer-hat-infos-oder-erfahrungen.65169/page-37

report broken Battery locking mechanism (the button of whihc one has to press each time to switch motor back on after 8h of inactivity, and the one one has to use to charge battery - to lower battery/motor from Frame Downtube)

Fazua allegedly sends replacement locking mechanism and even improved version with the Lock/key.

Had a Boardman Hybrid bike with the Fazua system since the end of August. Initially very pleased with the system but have now run into a problem. When riding the system cuts out without warning (all lights go out on remote) needing a restart from the remote. Have run the diagnostics from the Fazua toolbox, no faults shown. Has anyone had a similar issue.
I moved the wheel magnet (just a bit) to the proper spot, as show on Fazua data, to solve this problem.

I moved the wheel magnet (just a bit) to the proper spot, as show on Fazua data, to solve this problem.
Hi, I have the same problem as PnoVG on a new Focus bike with Fazua motor, and I can't understand why. I made all the firmware upgrade with the help of Fazua support. The solution is that simple? Can you tell me where this solution is showed on Fazua data ? I didn't find it, anyway I try. Thanks.

I have purchased a Boardman gravel e bike from Halfords and noticed that there is a recess on the underside of the bottom bracket with exposed wiring. I contacted Boardman and they have stated that this is normal but it does not look right as the wiring is exposed to water and dirt. There are slots on either side of the recess that look as if they would accommodate clips for a cover. Does anyone have this model of bike.

Attachments

• C557956D-98DA-4166-8CC1-CFE7DED25E83.png
    C557956D-98DA-4166-8CC1-CFE7DED25E83.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,386
  • 0C15D784-19F4-4C4A-A448-309E9153AAF9.png
    0C15D784-19F4-4C4A-A448-309E9153AAF9.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,635
I have purchased a Boardman gravel e bike from Halfords and noticed that there is a recess on the underside of the bottom bracket with exposed wiring. I contacted Boardman and they have stated that this is normal but it does not look right as the wiring is exposed to water and dirt. There are slots on either side of the recess that look as if they would accommodate clips for a cover. Does anyone have this model of bike.
Hi

Mine is the exact same, I see you can buy a cover for about £20 but it does state that it doesn't need it.

Had anyone had any issues pairing the power meter to a Garmin watch. It was working but has since stopped and it doesn't show up when searching for new devices.

Cheers

Dave

Hi

Mine is the exact same, I see you can buy a cover for about £20 but it does state that it doesn't need it.

Had anyone had any issues pairing the power meter to a Garmin watch. It was working but has since stopped and it doesn't show up when searching for new devices.

Cheers

Dave
Regarfing cover - I bought one from polini SpeedFun (with their non-working delimiting chip) and it turned to be 3d printed and crumbled after 3 installs/removals.
Regarding BT connection - Fazua support single connection only, so one have to disconnect Smartphone or Cycling computer (check top LED on the old handlebar remote - if its lit green bt connection is active) and only after disconnect you can connect something else (watch- if it is suported at all)

Regarfing cover - I bought one from polini SpeedFun (with their non-working delimiting chip) and it turned to be 3d printed and crumbled after 3 installs/removals.
Regarding BT connection - Fazua support single connection only, so one have to disconnect Smartphone or Cycling computer (check top LED on the old handlebar remote - if its lit green bt connection is active) and only after disconnect you can connect something else (watch- if it is suported at all)
Cheers for the info

Was out at lunchtime to check and Fazua app would not connect and it suggested removing it from phone Bluetooth connection, so did that and the app worked. Will try with the watch again when I head home

Watched needed switched off then on before it connected with the power meter.

Question raised with Fazua as the power meter records no power or cadence once overt the 15.5 mph where it is meant to show rider power, not motor power

Update: the Drive unit has been sent back to Fazua - the unit kept dropping out the power and cadence readings to my watch, it is definitely an issue with the bluetooth module as the motor still works correctly.

I wondered if it was an issue with the watch, but have since got a new one and it was still the same.

I've had a Trek Domane+ with Fazua motor since late 2020. Over the past couple of months the motor switches off (all lights go out) seemingly at random. Initially it would automatically restart with just a glitch in power however on the past few rides it stays off and I've had to reseat the battery/motor unit to restart. It's on the latest firmware (2.12) and using the latest toolbox (2.14) there are no errors on the diagnostic report. It seems like it could be a bad connection and I wonder if it could be the moveable connector below the drive coupling that the motor/battery engages with. It seems rather a weak link which with wear to the battery catch could cause a problem. I've had no from Fazua since logging the issue and the bike is currently with the dealer. Any ideas as to how to fix

I've had a Trek Domane+ with Fazua motor since late 2020. Over the past couple of months the motor switches off (all lights go out) seemingly at random. Initially it would automatically restart with just a glitch in power however on the past few rides it stays off and I've had to reseat the battery/motor unit to restart. It's on the latest firmware (2.12) and using the latest toolbox (2.14) there are no errors on the diagnostic report. It seems like it could be a bad connection and I wonder if it could be the moveable connector below the drive coupling that the motor/battery engages with. It seems rather a weak link which with wear to the battery catch could cause a problem. I've had no from Fazua since logging the issue and the bike is currently with the dealer. Any ideas as to how to fix
My Lappierre motor started to cut out after just over a month, then yellow light on remote. I could occasionally get it to work by disconnecting the battery whilst riding and restarting. After consistent failure I used the Fazua Toolkit diagnosis that said Battery & Remote “Not Detected”
I removed the Bottom Bracket Cover and it was full of gravel, dirt and the Remote Connector corroded! To me this cover acts as a collector for muck and water. I will reassemble with Silicon Spray and bigger drainage holes.
Still had the problem, returned it to the shop and they diagnosed a new bottom bracket with Fazua (they said pressure sensor issue)...waiting. After watching a Fazua manufacturing YouTube video I see they're a circuit board in there.

Attachments

• 8F9A44B3-52C1-4938-A4B6-039E727D83C7.jpeg
    8F9A44B3-52C1-4938-A4B6-039E727D83C7.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 492
  • 50FB48A2-029F-4F1D-AD38-E30143CB8BEC.jpeg
    50FB48A2-029F-4F1D-AD38-E30143CB8BEC.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Fazua as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
Hi, Is there a thread dealing with erratic Fazua motor support ?
Boardman HYB 8.9e Mens bike with Fazua Ride 50 Street system, firmware 2.22. When cycling up a hill in (any but most noticeable) Rocket mode, the motor assist erratically/suddenly reduces or almost cuts out for a few seconds. I have reported this to both Halfords & Fazua with little success. On searching the web, it may be related to low cadence - however, if I am already in the lowest (easiest) gear when going up a hill, I do not know how to increase the cadence (I am not very fit - I bought an ebike to make cycling easier).

Last edited:
Hi, Is there a thread dealing with erratic Fazua motor support ?
Boardman HYB 8.9e Mens bike with Fazua Ride 50 Street system, firmware 2.22. When cycling up a hill in (any but most noticeable) Rocket mode, the motor assist erratically/suddenly reduces or almost cuts out for a few seconds. I have reported this to both Halfords & Fazua with little success. On searching the web, it may be related to low cadence - however, if I am already in the lowest (easiest) gear when going up a hill, I do not know how to increase the cadence (I am not very fit - I bought an ebike to make cycling easier).
Sounds like a fault. But depending on how steep your hills are, your own fitness and the lowest gearing, you may find that the combination is putting strain on the motor because its forcing you to have to slowly grind the gears to keep moving. This will massively reduce the help the motor can give you. It shouldn't be an issue if the gradient is anywhere under say 15% but over that and without low enough gears, it can be an issue.

The solution to try is to either replace the front chainwheel with a smaller one, or get a cassette with a bigger large cog on the rear to bring down your overall lowest gear so you can spin up the hills and the motor responds in kind.

Or, as you say, it might just be a fault with your particular motor. Especially if the hills you are having problems on are not too steep.

Sounds like a fault. But depending on how steep your hills are, your own fitness and the lowest gearing, you may find that the combination is putting strain on the motor because its forcing you to have to slowly grind the gears to keep moving. This will massively reduce the help the motor can give you. It shouldn't be an issue if the gradient is anywhere under say 15% but over that and without low enough gears, it can be an issue.

The solution to try is to either replace the front chainwheel with a smaller one, or get a cassette with a bigger large cog on the rear to bring down your overall lowest gear so you can spin up the hills and the motor responds in kind.

Or, as you say, it might just be a fault with your particular motor. Especially if the hills you are having problems on are not too steep.
Hi, thanks for your input.
The toolkit diagnostic test shows no problems.
I am not sure about the gradient of the hill I mentioned but the problem is present even on mild gradients - I just don’t feel steady assistance. My wife has a Carrera impel electric bike (also Halfords, with rear wheel motor, half the price, same number of gears, has both cadence and torque sensors) which goes up the same hill without problem. I had test rides (before buying) on both rear wheel & mid motors e-bikes but not on a Fazua powered bike (I choose the Fazua powered Boardman mainly because of its weight but also online reviews ) so I have no experience of other Fazua powered bikes to compare with. The Boardman is designed as a sports road bike while the Carrera is more a casual touring bike. I hope it turns out to be a fault or else I have made an expensive mistake!

From what you describe it has to be a fault. If your wife's hub motor has no problems on the hill the Fazua should also have no problems. Take it back, it's under warranty and request a new motor. They 'should' help you. In my experience although with a different brand, motors fail quite frequently and shops these days are used to replacing motors under warranty. I hope that's the case here.

I’ve just started using my Fazua Ride 50 powered ebike after a lengthy lay off and it had the same problems as others describe here. The diagnostic test showed no problems.
Bought some contact cleaner and used it on the connection pins between the motor pack and the crank. Now works perfectly.

Back