Known Issues & Problems with Evelo Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Evelo as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Have a new 2019 Evelo Aurora with the 750W motor and NuVinci Enviolo CVT hub. Problem is my Enviolo shifter just died. Light went out and twisting the grip doesnt change the gearing. Ugh. Anyone with a similar problem? Thanks.

If you haven't already, I recommend you call Evelo and/or get on their web site and send them a service form and be sure to express your dissatisfaction. Their customer service is great and I'm sure they will remedy this issue to your satisfaction.

does the throttle work? On our Aurora I have to make sure the battery clicks into position, that requires me to press the battery towards the downtube to get the click. You could also make sure the connection is good at the hub. I think ours has done that once or twice and once the throttle is press the Harmony lit up.

Thanks. I looked at it closer and saw that the cable had come loose and the plastic plug broke and the wires came out of the plug at the point the cable goes into the rear wheel hub controller. Looks like I will need to order a whole new cable. Although, I would have to figure out out to pull the new cable through the frame and merge into the cable ties. I did contact Evelo and they mentioned it was $60 for a new cable, but not sure how much to ship it to Asia. Ugh, expensive cable. Strange, have no clue how the cable got broken.

The cable only passes through the down tube and then tie wraps on the outside of the frame back to the hub. I would disconnect at the shifter tie a thin sturdy rope to the cable end and pull the old cable with rope attached out the bottom of the down tube making sure rope is long enough to stay exposed at the handle bar end. Tie the new cable to the rope and pull the rope and cable up. Looks like an easy job.

My first EVELO Compass was delivered for assembly on March 5. Soon after, it was assembled and I took delivery. Other than getting used to making turns on it, the delivery was uneventful. As soon as I rode it I noticed a clicking/ticking sound in the rear axle area upon acceleration lasting for 10 seconds to maybe 30 seconds. I contacted EVELO and after they determined that they had no rear axles available they sent a second Compass. By now the original bike shop was closed because of the virus and a new shop was the recipient. With the virus delay the Compass was assembled a week or so later. Astoundingly the second Compass had the clinking/ticking much worse than the first. The current shop is only open Wednesday thru Sunday and it is difficult to contact EVELO directly most of the time, so I am waiting on the next evolution. I will praise EVELO for being very generous and they have supported me very graciously. Has anyone else had the clicking/ticking sound with their Compass? My worry is that it is the harbinger of problems in the future, and even though the warranty is wonderful, after 30 days the labor costs are on me. Worse yet the bike shops seem unable to tear into it to find the problem. The current one is of the opinion that they did not sell it and they know nothing about it. I love the Compass and I have invested so much money on the trike and hitch and rack that I am hesitant to just send the 2 Compasses back, plus I have sold my old E-Bike and want to ride again. HELP

Hi @terrylharris,

We are happy to help, but ask that you direct all communication through our official channels, as we do not monitor these forums regularly. Our phone number is 877-991-7272 and our email is [email protected]

Especially during this time of unprecedented demand, it can be a bit difficult to get through on the phone; please leave a voicemail and we will get back with you as quickly as possible. Email is faster than phone at the best of times, and especially so right now.

Thank you,
David Dye

*If I remember correctly, I believe we actually got Terry sorted out a while ago. My message above is for everyone else as much as Terry.

Hi @terrylharris,

We are happy to help, but ask that you direct all communication through our official channels, as we do not monitor these forums regularly. Our phone number is 877-991-7272 and our email is [email protected]

Especially during this time of unprecedented demand, it can be a bit difficult to get through on the phone; please leave a voicemail and we will get back with you as quickly as possible. Email is faster than phone at the best of times, and especially so right now.

Thank you,
David Dye

*If I remember correctly, I believe we actually got Terry sorted out a while ago. My message above is for everyone else as much as Terry.
Actually David I am now awaiting the third EVELO Compass trike. It is supposedly at your warehouse being examined with a fine tooth comb to correct problems we have encountered with the first two trikes. I received my first Compass trike in March and now in July the saga continues. That is a testament to EVELO's customer service. Although I am frustrated, EVELO has persevered for these 5 months to provide a quality trike and I appreciate it.

Back