Known Issues & Problems with Cannondale Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

No idea what they were thinking with that kickstand. It's definitely OPI Cannondale but how did they overlook compatibly? What's more this frame was originally spec'd for 24" wheels!

I need to upgrade my fork. The 50mm of travel is insufficient. Is there a conversion kit available? I know I'd have to convert the steerer tube. I'd like to keep the wheels and brakes and buy a Fox fork off of CL. My hands are screaming in pain.

I'm having an issue with my Canvas Neo 2. Tire size (when rolled out) measures 90⅞ inches. The range available to adjust is 91.61-101.26( via the dealer diagnostic).
I've never had my speed showing the same as on my Wahoo. It always has read higher on the Purion vs Wahoo, wahoo with the Garmin wheel speed sensor, phone GPS, or Cannondale app (paired to the speed sensor).
Bosch points at Cannondale and Cannondale points at Bosch.
DLDR=I'm getting support up to around 18.3/18.4mph.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_160006.jpg
    IMG_20200608_160006.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 418
I'm having an issue with my Canvas Neo 2. Tire size (when rolled out) measures 90⅞ inches. The range available to adjust is 91.61-101.26( via the dealer diagnostic).
I've never had my speed showing the same as on my Wahoo. It always has read higher on the Purion vs Wahoo, wahoo with the Garmin wheel speed sensor, phone GPS, or Cannondale app (paired to the speed sensor).
Bosch points at Cannondale and Cannondale points at Bosch.
DLDR=I'm getting support up to around 18.3/18.4mph.
I have a Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3. It is a class 1, but the power starts to cut out similar to what you report, around 18.4 mph. The solution is to file a complaint with your local attorney general consumer protection division. If enough people file such complaints, Bosch will quit defrauding people. They know their bikes don't live up to advertised specs, they just don't care. Well, a class action lawsuit will make them care. It would be nice if lawsuits were not required. If you were Jeff Bozos, or Billy Gates, you can be sure Bosch and or Cannondale would do backflips over one another trying to get your bike to perform as advertised. They would ship you a new bike without you even asking, and probably would let you keep the old one. However, since you are probably just a normal plebe, you have to get nasty to get anything accomplished far too often. They count on most people to just take it, and that works for them more often than not.

I have a Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3. It is a class 1, but the power starts to cut out similar to what you report, around 18.4 mph. The solution is to file a complaint with your local attorney general consumer protection division. If enough people file such complaints, Bosch will quit defrauding people. They know their bikes don't live up to advertised specs, they just don't care. Well, a class action lawsuit will make them care. It would be nice if lawsuits were not required. If you were Jeff Bozos, or Billy Gates, you can be sure Bosch and or Cannondale would do backflips over one another trying to get your bike to perform as advertised. They would ship you a new bike without you even asking, and probably would let you keep the old one. However, since you are probably just a normal plebe, you have to get nasty to get anything accomplished far too often. They count on most people to just take it, and that works for them more often than not.
Your "solution" is the wrong one. Get with REI and Bosch, work with them and it will get resolved.

Getting nasty and threatening legal action rarely solves problems other than the lawyer's need to pay for a second home.

Rather than jump to such an aggressive posture and publically attacking every possible target in sight, why not try being pleasant and cooperative? Work with the people who can help solve your problem, exercise some patience, assume people will try to help if you are pleasant and cooperative, instead of assuming the worst and going on the attack so readily.

You probably have gotten lousy results resolving problems on other items you have purchased. There is likely a pattern. The common denominator is you.

Your "solution" is the wrong one. Get with REI and Bosch, work with them and it will get resolved.

Getting nasty and threatening legal action rarely solves problems other than the lawyer's need to pay for a second home.

Rather than jump to such an aggressive posture and publically attacking every possible target in sight, why not try being pleasant and cooperative? Work with the people who can help solve your problem, exercise some patience, assume people will try to help if you are pleasant and cooperative, instead of assuming the worst and going on the attack so readily.

You probably have gotten lousy results resolving problems on other items you have purchased. There is likely a pattern. The common denominator is you.
The common denominator is always me.
REI was unhelpful and unresponsive until I took the posture you abhor.

I understand that people misunderstand their rights and are reluctant to stand up for themselves in a manner seen as litigious. Unfortunately, this only emboldens various entities to take advantage of such an attitude. At this point in my life, I no longer give anyone, especially a commercial enterprise, the benefit of the doubt. Experience has taught me otherwise. There is a sucker born every minute, and it ain't me.

Also, the way I handled this matter, led to the resolution of the matter in my satisfaction. If you would like to go for a bike ride and discuss the matter amicably, I am more than game.

Last edited:
I am curious which REI you are dealing with. They bike techs here in the Bellingham REI, have taken in my bike several times to figure out and fix weird noises, do a tubeless install, a Nyon upgrade (with motor drop to run the wiring), Bosch system update and tweaking, and all I have been charged for is valves, tape & sealant, no labor charge for any of it. They got after it diligently and interfaced with both Cannondale and/or Bosch effectively to resolve my issues with the bike not having to stay overnight once. They are positive, eager to help and feel totally sincere, patient and willing to make sure I am happy with my bike's performance. Thus, your experience is totally opposite mine. It just sounds like you walked in the door with a chip on your shoulder and got what you expected. So did I. So I wonder if our different expectations was a source of the different outcome, or was it just the personnel here versus the personnel there?

Let's do that ride sometime.

I am curious which REI you are dealing with. They bike techs here in the Bellingham REI, have taken in my bike several times to figure out and fix weird noises, do a tubeless install, a Nyon upgrade (with motor drop to run the wiring), Bosch system update and tweaking, and all I have been charged for is valves, tape & sealant, no labor charge for any of it. They got after it diligently and interfaced with both Cannondale and/or Bosch effectively to resolve my issues with the bike not having to stay overnight once. They are positive, eager to help and feel totally sincere, patient and willing to make sure I am happy with my bike's performance. Thus, your experience is totally opposite mine. It just sounds like you walked in the door with a chip on your shoulder and got what you expected. So did I. So I wonder if our different expectations was a source of the different outcome, or was it just the personnel here versus the personnel there?

Let's do that ride sometime.
I was dealing with an atypically unhelpful REI at Alderwood. REI itself is generally on the up and up. However, I have had not-so-great experiences at the Alderwood, and Tacoma, locations. I'm too old to let anyone get over on me. I don't have time to waste not going beast mode. However, I understand and appreciate your sentiment otherwise.

Richard, REI didn't charge you labour for the Nyon install? WOW!
They also did free labor on the tubeless install on the 650b x 47 WTB Byways, charging me just for the tape, valves and sealant. I supplied the tires.

I had a weird rhythmic ticking noise from the get go that sounded like a warped brake rotor that they tried hard to fix twice but to no avail. THe noise only occurred when I was riding the bike and was not there on the work stand. When I told them I was going to put the 11-46 Cassette on the bike they suggested I remove the "dork disk" the plastic barrier disk inside of the cluster as they suspected that as a possible cause. That did not make the tick go away either. I was getting really frustrated with it. Then I had a Eureka moment, removed the spoke mounted Cateye Reflectors and voila! blessed silence.

Oh and they fine tuned the derailleur adjustment at no charge after I put the larger cassette on the bike. They have been nothing short of great in their support thus far. It helps that REI is just a two mile ride from our house too.

Back