Known Issues & Problems with Brompton Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I went for a test ride last week with a brand new H6L the shop just assembled, and the battery failed (assist stopped) within 10 minutes, after a few small bumps. The bike shop acknowledged the issue ("oh not again!" reaction) and said Brompton know/accept it and are working on it.. I've also talked to Brompton who said the same - with no ETA for the 'fix'... With that in mind, the reasonable thing to do would be to wait; however unfortunately I'm still looking for a reason to go ahead with the purchase now, as it would facilitate my daily life... Seeing there are a few people who suffered from the issue here, I wanted to ask for the latest and greatest advise: Wait or Buy?
My bike had the motor issue fixed in the end (front wheel replacement). Not sure if the performance was faulty previously or not but after the fix the power does felt less but at least it doesn't cut out!
I spoke to the bike mechanic today and apparently Brompton has a hardware fix incoming. My bike is now with Brompton with a separate issue - the front wheel touches the floor and doesn't turn freely when folded which means I can't push it on the ground on the smaller wheels.

Good news! It appears the issue with the motor cutting out and lights flashing on the battery has been solved….. it has been a faulty catche on the battery frame.
In the uk and hopefully worldwide, the dealers are replacing the catches free of charge

Back