Known Issues & Problems with Ancheer Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric motors from Ancheer as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Short Version:
I have two ebikes from Ancheer and after less than a week of having them, neither will turn on anymore. The batteries are fully charged and display one red light and three green lights, as I'm told they should. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Long Version:
Hello, I am new and this is my first post. My mom bought two mountain bikes, an Ancheer Sunshine and an Ancheer Blue Electric, from Amazon back in February. I put them together for her and we have been enjoying them ever since. I decided to get a couple and ordered the same bikes from Amazon. The bikes both arrived last week. Here is where the issues began.

We got the Sunshine first and put it together without any issues. I charged the battery overnight (8 hours) and went to take it out for a test ride. It turned on fine, but when I hit the throttle, it accelerated for maybe a second or so before it just cut off completely. The meter doesn't show any lights, the throttle does nothin, and, pedal assist does nothing. I couldn't get it to turn back on. I was thinking it was a bad battery.

The next day, the Blue Electric arrives. I put it together, charge the batter for 8 hours, take it for a ride and it works great. I noticed the batteries look exactly the same, so I decided to do some troubleshooting. I put the newest battery onto the Sunshine and it turns on. I was inside and couldn't test ride it, so I just lifted up the rear tire and held the throttle to see if it would cut out like before. It ran fine inside. I figured the originally battery must've been bad, so no big deal.

Later that day, I take the Sunshine out for a test ride with the "good" battery. It turns on, but when I hit the throttle, it does the same thing as last time, just turns off and wont turn back on. I take the "good" battery, put it on the Blue Electric and it works fine. At this point, I figured it was the motor or meter on the Sunshine that was causing the issue.

The next day, after charging both batteries to full capacity, I put the "bad" battery on the Blue Electric to verify that the battery works and that the problem is only with the Sunshine. As expected, it would not turn on. However, when I put the "good" battery on the Blue Electric, it won't turn on either.

Now I have two bikes that will not turn on. I have pulled apart and re-connected each of the wired connections to make sure they are connecting well. I don't see any corrosion or damage inside of them. Has anyone had issues like this? How did you resolve them?

I can't even imagine how this could happen. It is like, the Sunshine's problems were contagious and the Blue Electric caught it. (I know that isn't how it works, but that is my best explanation.)

I have been in contact with the seller through Amazon but I only get one response a day since I believe they are in China and are working while I am sleeping, and vice versa. They have requested videos of each of the issues I have had. I have sent them for review, but haven't received any instructions on things to try or what the issue might be. They did say it might be a bad meter. I considered getting a battery from my mom and testing that out on my bikes, but I'm afraid it may "corrupt" her battery too.

There's a guy on youtube that seems to be an expert on these bikes . Do a search and maybe hes addressed this and maybe not . If you leave him a comment he will get back to you . His name and or Handle is Vegas RoManiac .

There's a guy on youtube that seems to be an expert on these bikes . Do a search and maybe hes addressed this and maybe not . If you leave him a comment he will get back to you . His name and or Handle is Vegas RoManiac .
Thank you! I'll check him out.

Is this the blue one? When you look at the battery off the bike, are there 2 to 4 contacts, and nothing else? Can you turn on the battery when it's off the bike and do any lights on the battery come on? Do you have a voltneter and do you know how to safey probe test a battery for voltage?

There should be a controller (black box that contains the electronics) on your bike. Don't see any boxes in the picture. It must be in the battery cradle. Can you see where the display wires and the motor wires go? Do the wires coming out of the motor go to a quick disconnect coomector? If so, is that connector plugged in with any arrows aligned, and is it securely plugged in?

Unless these batteries are different voltages, and if they are exactly the same, connecting a battery to a bike shouldn't do anything bad to the electronics.

Good luck.

Hey Harry, thanks for your reply! Yes, I have the blue one (Blue Electric) and the orange one (Sunshine). There are 4 contacts on the batteries and nothing else. They look clean. Yes, there is a button on the battery itself that shows indicator lights. When I press it, they all light up. The far left one is red and the rest are green. From what I've read, that indicates it is full and working correctly. I do have a voltmeter but I will have to look for it. Once I do, I will test and let you know the results.

I assume the controller is the little box connected to the display? It has a power button and +/- for adjusting the PAS. There is one large wire that runs the length of the bike that connects with 4 other wires in a hub near the front of the bike. There are 4 quick disconnect connectors between the display (which is connected to the controller), brakes (x2), throttle, and the hub. I have checked all of them and they have the arrows pointing to each other and they are seated well. The wire that comes out of the motor does have a quick connector. I checked and the arrows are aligned and securely plugged in.

The batteries both read 36V Li-ion 10.4Ah.

I'm going to try and post some pics.
PXL_20200930_023606554.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20200930_022612644.NIGHT.jpg

Thanks again.

I assume the controller is the little box connected to the display? It has a power button and +/- for adjusting the PAS. There is one large wire that runs the length of the bike that connects with 4 other wires in a hub near the front of the bike.
That's not the controller, although in looking at pictures of the bike, I can't identify where it is. Maybe on the downtube below the battery?

Here is a link to Ancheer replacement controllers:

They typically look like this:

1601488176282.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I do not see anything like that. Maybe it is in the downtube, but if so, I don't see any easy way to access it.

Thanks for the info. I do not see anything like that. Maybe it is in the downtube, but if so, I don't see any easy way to access it.
Looking at the size of the wires in comparison to the box, it could fit there. But in saying that, the controller may not be the source of your problem.

Press and hold the horseshoe looking button on the box connected to the display / Wait until the display comes on and then push the + button once and your display should show a 1 indicating that the power to your motor is on . If it comes on you should be good to go . When you take the battery out it probably went to default . Hope this works for you .

Press and hold the horseshoe looking button on the box connected to the display / Wait until the display comes on and then push the + button once and your display should show a 1 indicating that the power to your motor is on . If it comes on you should be good to go . When you take the battery out it probably went to default . Hope this works for you .
That is the issue. No matter what I do, I cannot get the display to turn on.

On different displays time can be instant like my fat bike or take ten seconds of holding it in like my cruiser . Try unplugging both your brake leads and see what happens . I had a problem with one on my cruiser and when I disconnected them it started working again . I'm just throwing this stuff out there and am not really a bike mech .

On different displays time can be instant like my fat bike or take ten seconds of holding it in like my cruiser . Try unplugging both your brake leads and see what happens . I had a problem with one on my cruiser and when I disconnected them it started working again . I'm just throwing this stuff out there and am not really a bike mech .
No, I appreciate any and all feedback. I read somewhere about the brake leads causing issues so I tried it with those disconnected and still no luck. I have tried holding it for 30 seconds, 10 seconds, 5 seconds, split second. It just does not respond. 🙁

THey often fit a small controller inside the battery cradle, If the wires from the handle bars and the cable from the motor end up there, then the controller is in the cradle. Then it's just a circuit board. Looks like this

Check your battery pins. Make sure they're intact and not bent. Usually only two of the four are used. You can see which ones are used when you find your voltmeter.

From my experience, the display only needs two wires, +36V and ground, to power up. I've powered them up without any controllers. My guess is you're not getting any power to the display at the moment. You're going to need that voltmeter to verify you have 40+ volts at the pins on the batteries. You get 36V at half charge and 42V at full charge.

Also you may wish to plug in the charger with the battery on the bike, and see if it turns on.

This leaves aside the question of why the firsr bike powered up but wasn't rideable. That's usually a weak battery.

Short Version:
I have two ebikes from Ancheer and after less than a week of having them, neither will turn on anymore. The batteries are fully charged and display one red light and three green lights, as I'm told they should. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Long Version:
Hello, I am new and this is my first post. My mom bought two mountain bikes, an Ancheer Sunshine and an Ancheer Blue Electric, from Amazon back in February. I put them together for her and we have been enjoying them ever since. I decided to get a couple and ordered the same bikes from Amazon. The bikes both arrived last week. Here is where the issues began.

We got the Sunshine first and put it together without any issues. I charged the battery overnight (8 hours) and went to take it out for a test ride. It turned on fine, but when I hit the throttle, it accelerated for maybe a second or so before it just cut off completely. The meter doesn't show any lights, the throttle does nothin, and, pedal assist does nothing. I couldn't get it to turn back on. I was thinking it was a bad battery.

The next day, the Blue Electric arrives. I put it together, charge the batter for 8 hours, take it for a ride and it works great. I noticed the batteries look exactly the same, so I decided to do some troubleshooting. I put the newest battery onto the Sunshine and it turns on. I was inside and couldn't test ride it, so I just lifted up the rear tire and held the throttle to see if it would cut out like before. It ran fine inside. I figured the originally battery must've been bad, so no big deal.

Later that day, I take the Sunshine out for a test ride with the "good" battery. It turns on, but when I hit the throttle, it does the same thing as last time, just turns off and wont turn back on. I take the "good" battery, put it on the Blue Electric and it works fine. At this point, I figured it was the motor or meter on the Sunshine that was causing the issue.

The next day, after charging both batteries to full capacity, I put the "bad" battery on the Blue Electric to verify that the battery works and that the problem is only with the Sunshine. As expected, it would not turn on. However, when I put the "good" battery on the Blue Electric, it won't turn on either.

Now I have two bikes that will not turn on. I have pulled apart and re-connected each of the wired connections to make sure they are connecting well. I don't see any corrosion or damage inside of them. Has anyone had issues like this? How did you resolve them?

I can't even imagine how this could happen. It is like, the Sunshine's problems were contagious and the Blue Electric caught it. (I know that isn't how it works, but that is my best explanation.)

I have been in contact with the seller through Amazon but I only get one response a day since I believe they are in China and are working while I am sleeping, and vice versa. They have requested videos of each of the issues I have had. I have sent them for review, but haven't received any instructions on things to try or what the issue might be. They did say it might be a bad meter. I considered getting a battery from my mom and testing that out on my bikes, but I'm afraid it may "corrupt" her battery too.
I also bought two Ancheer Bikes but I took advantage of the extended warranty option. Check your Amazon order because they usually give you 30 days or more after purchase to add it on. My warranty includes Repair, Replace or refund including shipping for 3 years. Bikes are still running fine ( 1 month). ps I actually bought mine through Walmart as the delivery time was shorter than Amazons.

Update:
I think the original issue is one of the bikes had a short and when I put one of the batteries on it, the internal BMS (Battery Management System) went into protection mode to protect the battery. So, when I tried the other battery, it did the same thing. I think there is a way to reset the BMS on the battery but I haven't had any luck doing that. I have seen methods of resetting the BMS by opening up the battery, but I don't want to void any warranty, so I haven't opened it up yet.

After going back and forth with the seller, I didn't get a response for about a week. I contacted Amazon and after confirming that the seller hadn't responded in over 48 hours, they filed a claim against the seller and I was told I should receive a full refund within 5 business days. The next day, the seller contacted me and said I can now ship the bike to a local warehouse instead of sending it to China and would receive a full refund once they confirmed the bike was in the same condition as when I received it.

The warehouse was within driving distance, so I emailed them to see if I could just deliver the bike myself, to avoid having to pay shipping fees. They agreed but offered an even better solution. They offered to send me a replacement bike and battery. They told me to just keep the original problematic bike. I accepted the offer and am awaiting the replacement bike.

All in all, it took almost 2 months of back and forth emails but they seem to be willing to make it right. I'll post back once I receive the bike and let you know if it is working.

Final Update:
Turned out that the controller in one of the bikes was faulty and was causing the fuse to blow in the batteries. Received a replacement bike and it is working wonderfully. I will attempt to fix the fuse on the bad battery myself and hopefully will have a back up battery now.

I will probably keep the old bike for parts or possibly order a new controller to replace the faulty one.

Customer service is slow and the language barrier can make things difficult but in the end, they did the right thing and took care of the customer. I love my new bikes!!

Final Update:
Turned out that the controller in one of the bikes was faulty and was causing the fuse to blow in the batteries. Received a replacement bike and it is working wonderfully. I will attempt to fix the fuse on the bad battery myself and hopefully will have a back up battery now.

I will probably keep the old bike for parts or possibly order a new controller to replace the faulty one.

Customer service is slow and the language barrier can make things difficult but in the end, they did the right thing and took care of the customer. I love my new bikes!!
Awesome result. Definitely look into getting a new controller. I have two bikes I think they are great. :)

Awesome result. Definitely look into getting a new controller. I have two bikes I think they are great. :)
I have to agree with you. We just got back from our first "long" ride. Round trip was about 20 miles and I have to say, WOW! I am absolutely in love with these things. We had such a good time and look forward to many many more rides.

Ancheer Sport eBike (folding)

This eBike ran for a short time out-of-the-box, then failed completely.

Replacement of the motor core and/or the motor drive electronics unit have made no change.

The battery voltage is 40.4 Vdc fully charged. There is no voltage reduction at the motor drive electronics unit power pigtail with the system powered up and all other pigtails connected. The headlight and horn work. The motor mode control LEDs illuminate.

Voltages between black and red wires of the various pigtails when connected are:

4.6 Vdc at motor Hall-effect sensor and crank sensor pigtails

40.4 Vdc at the motor mode control, throttle/light/horn, and spare pigtails

I was not expecting to find 40.4 Vdc across any black/red pair. I would expect different wire color coding for the different voltages. Does the 40.4 Vdc reading for the motor mode control, throttle/light/horn and spare pigtails indicate a problem, or is this correct?

These readings are the same regardless of which motor drive electronics and/or motor core is installed.

The resistance across each of the three motor windings is 1.4 ohms for each motor core.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Back