Kiox update error message

The Connect app tells me that there is a new update for Nyon and Kiox but when I go to Check for software update it returns Failed to check for update (7). The bike and app are connected ok. Anyone come across this before?

Hey @Neil Hawkins ---any chance you can post a screen shot of the message you are receiving? Is your phone connected to WiFi while you attempt to check for an update?

Cheers 🤠
Thanks for looking at this.
20210322_183645.jpg20210322_183717.jpg
Screenshot_20210322-183107_eBike Connect.jpg
Screenshot_20210322-183123_eBike Connect.jpg

I had issues with the update too. I've since learnt it's actually a USB micro (not a USB proprietary cable) that you can use to do this, however prior to learning that I eventually managed to get the update by putting the Kiox on the bike, ensuring my mobile phone was connected using Bosch app, going on a 40 to 50 min ride, leaving the Kiox ON, leaving my phone mounted on the bike, waiting for Kiox to shut down in its own time. My cell phone was left on data the whole time, not wireless. I did this over 2 days and when getting back on the bike later on the 2nd night, the Kiox asked me if I wanted to update! A bit inconsequential now, but being surprised that somehow this sequence of events worked I took a pic...

Attachments

• 20210324_185130.jpg
    20210324_185130.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 194
I had issues with the update too. I've since learnt it's actually a USB micro (not a USB proprietary cable) that you can use to do this, however prior to learning that I eventually managed to get the update by putting the Kiox on the bike, ensuring my mobile phone was connected using Bosch app, going on a 40 to 50 min ride, leaving the Kiox ON, leaving my phone mounted on the bike, waiting for Kiox to shut down in its own time. My cell phone was left on data the whole time, not wireless. I did this over 2 days and when getting back on the bike later on the 2nd night, the Kiox asked me if I wanted to update! A bit inconsequential now, but being surprised that somehow this sequence of events worked I took a pic...
it took a few times for mine to update too.

Back