Kineket Suspension Seat Post - Anyone got a 'mountable' under seat bag?

GuruUno

Any 'under the seat' saddle bags seem to interfere, rub or not fit with the Kinekt seat post.
Anyone have any solutions (just like to have the option instead of a 'RackTime' "all the time" bag).

I ride with a kinekt and find the Rixen Kaul snap on saddle bag to be the roomiest most accessible and quickest to mount and dismount. Reasonable priced as well. There are several models. This one with the expandable zipper gets really roomy. No front attachment to fuss with either.

24100-01-c-37956.jpg

Last edited:
It may rub on the adjustment screw a little bit depending on where your seat is positioned fore and aft. Not a big deal. It holds a fair amount. The mount clamps to the saddle rails and the bag slides in with a click and come back out instantly. It also has a loop on the back for a tail light.

Any 'under the seat' saddle bags seem to interfere, rub or not fit with the Kinekt seat post.
Anyone have any solutions (just like to have the option instead of a 'RackTime' "all the time" bag).

Kinekt sells a bag - see their web page

Well, I'll take a picture of my worn out, rubbed out bag, and then show it mounted, etc.
Looking at what THEY have, it's even worse.
The spring will rub and make a hole.

Attachments

• Kinekt Bag.png
    Kinekt Bag.png
    704.1 KB · Views: 329
Rubs, wears a hole from Kinekt
Just sayin'

Attachments

• Seat Bag with Hole.jpg
    Seat Bag with Hole.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 327
Well, I'll take a picture of my worn out, rubbed out bag, and then show it mounted, etc.
Looking at what THEY have, it's even worse.
The spring will rub and make a hole.
The Kinekt bag is shaped so it fits around the Kinekt mechanism but obviously there some movement in the area. Kinekt say their bag is a partial security measure as it hides the Kinekt suspension - though this is a weak point, not the least with Kinekt plastered over the saddle bag. I ordered one, and on arrival recently I thought it would quite suit me - quite a good size interior with a key hook and side pokiest where you can slip something small. Only time will tell re how hard wearing it will be, ...

I ride with a kinekt and find the Rixen Kaul snap on saddle bag to be the roomiest most accessible and quickest to mount and dismount. Reasonable priced as well. There are several models. This one with the expandable zipper gets really roomy. No front attachment to fuss with either.

View attachment 66447
I have that in the old style strap on variety. And I have the Kinekt. I had to add a velcro extension to the seat post front strap but it works fine. The Kinekt going up and down does not create any problem that I can see.

Back