Kickstand losing its spring

Does anyone else have this problem with their kickstand? Mine is losing its springiness. It doesn't pop up as readily when moving the bike out of a parked position. If that were all, I would consider it a positive. But it also isn't held tight against the bike while riding and clashes with the pedal. I can spray it with degreaser, and that returns some of the springiness for a while, but then it starts to stick again. Any ideas?

Does anyone else have this problem with their kickstand? Mine is losing its springiness. It doesn't pop up as readily when moving the bike out of a parked position. If that were all, I would consider it a positive. But it also isn't held tight against the bike while riding and clashes with the pedal. I can spray it with degreaser, and that returns some of the springiness for a while, but then it starts to stick again. Any ideas?

I experienced the stickiness you mention. Realized it's happening because of the friction, applied grease and it solved the problem. You should be able to see some discoloration because of the friction between spring and the stem.

I had a similar issue with the kickstand. I removed it, did a thorough cleaning of it and did as Ravi mentioned and applied some waterproof grease. If I remember correctly there is curved surface that slides over a convex surface and that is the part that got the lube.

Cleaning and grease is the solution, had to do is once every 2 weeks as the rain will help to transport the road grime and stick on the sliding surfaces.
The side stand is at the worst position to capture all the grime from the front tire, a rubber flap on the front fender can help to prevent this.
I had this fabricated for my latest motorcycle, to prevent road grime on the exhaust.
In summer less troubles with this .

Great advice. Cleaning and regreasing was the solution. I did see friction marks beneath the spring. Thank you for all the advice!

As my Hebie 632 side stand was bit damaged on the metal part this from the pedal
I removed the plastic foot and covered the whole lenght with a heat shrinktube and reinstalled the plastic foot.
To remove/install the foot I used boiling water (soak 1 minute) to soften the plastic as it is shrink fit.
Just as new and now it is more color matching as the shrinktube is matt instead of glossy.

Back