Key for Aventon Pace 500 Battery Case

Irsol

I have a Aventon Pace 500. Tried to duplicate key for battery tray. No luck. Odd blank. Aventon wants $40 for duplicate. Any advice?

Have you tried a locksmith?

( I restrained myself from answering, "Don't lose the two you were given.") :)

I tried a locksmith (to make sure I had back-ups), a locksmith noted for having a million key blanks. No luck on matching the Aventon key. My wife has a Schwinn EC1 e-bike with a similar key - no luck finding a blank for either key. Must have something to do with a standard in Asia we don't have.

I tried a locksmith (to make sure I had back-ups), a locksmith noted for having a million key blanks. No luck on matching the Aventon key. My wife has a Schwinn EC1 e-bike with a similar key - no luck finding a blank for either key. Must have something to do with a standard in Asia we don't have.
I office in a high rise bank. They use a 60 year old lock smith 2 blocks away. My Grandad was in charge of building the tower and used custom doors, and hardware. The lock smith has a huge shop and it took a long time to find a blank to match my Hyper e-bikes. The Aventure key is cut with a router and not a grinding wheel. The locksmith also said Chinese locks were not similar to stock American blanks.

A company called Reention makes the battery cases and mounting brackets for the Pace. There are a bunch of companies on AliExpress that supply batteries and Reention parts... you could look on there for replacement keys. Worst case you could buy new mounts that include keys for that price I'd think. I got new mounts bundled with a battery I bought from Aijiu Energy Tech (or Aijiu Power), so not sure the price on them.

Hth,

Eric

Back