Karmic Kickstarter launched

It does sound like Hong is biting the bullet and selling the full S at the $1637 for the first 25 since they can't change the listing once it is created - that is what I read that comment to mean as well. I too will have to sell a few things now :)

You got it Paul. We got a little mixed up with our spec, but will honor the price. Everyone who has backed a super early bird bike will get the full Koben S for the price of a CVT upgrade. I'll adjust the price on the next batch of rewards once these sell out. You should grab one before they're gone!

We will post this up soon as well. The most important part of the bike is the battery, and that does come with our lifetime rebuild warranty.

Will you be elaborating on what the lifetime rebuild warranty entails as well? Thanks for keeping us all up to speed!

It does sound like Hong is biting the bullet and selling the full S at the $1637 for the first 25 since they can't change the listing once it is created - that is what I read that comment to mean as well. I too will have to sell a few things now :)

Hi,

I gather you are 'in' or close. I have a road bike I like a lot, but the thing is too hard on my joints. It's almost stupid to ride it. The bike I built is fine. My other bike is the Prodeco X3. Prodeco has made it somewhat obsolete, and the battery was always a bad design.

Mike has done a great thing with the RR, offering a beefy battery for half what you pay from an independent or kit supplier in the US.

It looks like the Storm/Sondors may ship this month. That helps almost everybody. That's a lot of bikes, and a lot of new people. Hopefully, my last words on the Sondors thing.

@Crazy Lenny Ebikes says he sold 80 bikes last week. Maybe there is something going on, out there.

Hi,

I gather you are 'in' or close. I have a road bike I like a lot, but the thing is too hard on my joints. It's almost stupid to ride it. The bike I built is fine. My other bike is the Prodeco X3. Prodeco has made it somewhat obsolete, and the battery was always a bad design.

Mike has done a great thing with the RR, offering a beefy battery for half what you pay from an independent or kit supplier in the US.

It looks like the Storm/Sondors may ship this month. That helps almost everybody. That's a lot of bikes, and a lot of new people. Hopefully, my last words on the Sondors thing.

@Crazy Lenny Ebikes says he sold 80 bikes last week. Maybe there is something going on, out there.

I am in :) my slush fund is mostly comprised of a bunch of camera gear that I am rarely using these days and my neo xtrem to be sold. This bike will be a really nice compliment to the radrover, and as soon as my wife rides the koben I have a feeling we'll be selling her e-joe epik as well (I'll take the radrover when we ride together!). A friend of mine might end up buying my non-electric fat bike, which I'm not sure I can justify holding onto either now that I'm getting the koben as well.

Love that you guys are trading up to a Koben!

We will post the most common questions to the FAQ's today.

Well, god help me, I'm officially a backer of the Koben S (CVT). Still not a fanboy of CF! Had it been IGG I would not have backed anything. I'm just glad I still have a bike for the summer wait. I was going to try and buildup a non-e to ebike for friends and family, but I think I will use my current ebike for that IF I get the Karmic. The background of the two principles involved (huge e-trail), specs provided and openness here on EBR tipped the scales. @Hong looking forward to your visits here!

Well, god help me, I'm officially a backer of the Koben S (CVT). Still not a fanboy of CF! Had it been IGG I would not have backed anything. I'm just glad I still have a bike for the summer wait. I was going to try and buildup a non-e to ebike for friends and family, but I think I will use my current ebike for that IF I get the Karmic. The background of the two principles involved (huge e-trail), specs provided and openness here on EBR tipped the scales. @Hong looking forward to your visits here!

Great choice, JR.
At $1650, Koben S is a terrific value. Have you figured out the warranty details? I mean they are using well known components, so shouldn't expect issues.
4 piston hydraulic is a great choice at that price point!

Well, god help me, I'm officially a backer of the Koben S (CVT).

God bless you, you got one of the last ones. I should have been more clear about what was included, and so we'll bite the bullet for our earliest backers, but you guys really got yourselves a deal. Now to make sure the campaign kicks so we can get you the bikes!

And it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. ;)

Good stuff! Looks exciting. I would love a mid-drive with Nuvinci. But the frame would need to be a fairly low step-thru and accommodate a shorter woman (5'1") and the riding position would need to be less aggressive as well. Ahhhh to dream....

Great choice, JR.
At $1650, Koben S is a terrific value. Have you figured out the warranty details? I mean they are using well known components, so shouldn't expect issues.
4 piston hydraulic is a great choice at that price point!
Ravi, I don't know about the warranty and it is a little concerning. I'm great at the mechanicals and good with most of the electrics/electronics and very good at the research/reading/learning, I remain teachable. I'm able to take a chance and this is a bike that happens to have e and being made by battery techs that are bike fans, so I'm quietly confident.

I won't be pumping up this bike campaign to friends, I don't want that responsibility. That's the responsibility of the campaign team. I also will not stop researching for my next ebike that I have planned to get for spring 2016. Who knows if this build from Karmic is all it is planned to be, I might be purchasing another bike from "The Karmic Bike Co." I see so far Hong is looking at the long term. I think he knows you don't get rich on a couple hundred bikes, you make a living on long term relationships and hard work.

I'm a fairly rational, reasonable man and at this very early stage I feel like I'm dealing with the same. The two principles involved not only have a huge e-trail to follow, it's also very impressive! It's not happy-meals, but it should do.;)

Ravi, I don't know about the warranty and it is a little concerning. I'm great at the mechanicals and good with most of the electrics/electronics and very good at the research/reading/learning, I remain teachable. I'm able to take a chance and this is a bike that happens to have e and being made by battery techs that are bike fans, so I'm quietly confident.

I won't be pumping up this bike campaign to friends, I don't want that responsibility. That's the responsibility of the campaign team. I also will not stop researching for my next ebike that I have planned to get for spring 2016. Who knows if this build from Karmic is all it is planned to be, I might be purchasing another bike from "The Karmic Bike Co." I see so far Hong is looking at the long term. I think he knows you don't get rich on a couple hundred bikes, you make a living on long term relationships and hard work.

I'm a fairly rational, reasonable man and at this very early stage I feel like I'm dealing with the same. The two principles involved not only have a huge e-trail to follow, it's also very impressive! It's not happy-meals, but it should do.;)

I resemble that remark! If you are going to get behind something (i.e. funding), you'd better do your research! Who is behind these bikes are just as, if not more important than the bikes themselves. The Karmic guys clearly have the kind of background you want to see behind a product like an electric bike.

Good stuff! Looks exciting. I would love a mid-drive with Nuvinci. But the frame would need to be a fairly low step-thru and accommodate a shorter woman (5'1") and the riding position would need to be less aggressive as well. Ahhhh to dream....

We've got something for you, but we can't show it yet. :)

It's not happy-meals, but it should do.;)

Hey now! I've cooked many a happy meal, just ask my kids!

All joking aside, this is a serious endeavor, we're not going to launch something that isn't high-quality, and we will stand behind our products 100%. Warranties are just legal statements that customers later have to fight over. We want you to know that you will get your Karmic, and it will be covered as well, if not better, than any other bike.

We've got something for you, but we can't show it yet. :)

That's ok, as I just took possession of an Easy Motion Evo Street a couple months ago so I'm good for at least a year or 2. ;) Just keep in mind that a lot of potential ebike riders comprise the shorter side of the spectrum, so if you get your frame dimensions right (hint: and with 26" wheels) you will have a very enthusiastic response.

What Karmic says about batteries really hits home with me. I'm locked in to a high priced replacement for a heavy, back-end battery. Better, for me, to buy the S.

I've built a bike but I'm using hobby LiPos at the moment. You put them in their little fireproof jackets and charge them outside. Fine with me, because I have a small solar system and 12v batteries, but not for the consumer market. Trying to build a pack is daunting. Bad cells have cost Pedego a lot of money. I don't know how you match older cells, when some go bad, stuff like that. I hope maybe Karmic can make a 'smart' charger than optimizes things, like a standard 90% charge, or a storage charge at 50%.

I'm hoping this technology spreads, whether you can slide cells into the frame "at home" or not. The Tesla Home uses reasonably priced cells, so what you need are those cells and the all purpose frame, light enough to mount low and in the middle.

That's a very educational article. Bright people who are good with colors. Tough combo.:rolleyes:

Back