Karmic Kickstarter launched

I hope maybe Karmic can make a 'smart' charger than optimizes things, like a standard 90% charge, or a storage charge at 50%.

We're including a smart charger that will balance charge the pack and switch itself off when it's done. I plug in the battery at night and just leave it there. We want to make sure these packs are safe for the consumer market. A huge battery recall could destroy a small company, we hope Pedego gets through this episode.

@Hong - A few people pointed out in the comments section of the gizmodo article that the rear triangle has a linkage point that would suggest compatibility with carbon drive components? Was that tested or something you had considered offering but decided not to? Will the frame come with the linkage necessary to be able to upgrade the drive system on our own?

Thanks in advance!

Man, you guys are good! We are hoping to offer a Gates Carbon belt drive option, but didn't get it setup in time for the pictures/video. The frame is belt compatible, and I have a few belt drive bikes. The tough part is designing a dropout that works well for the belt and still allows quick release wheels for easy service of flat tires.

But we're working on it!

@Hong a question on the campaign asked about the availability of batteries for purchase. You stated you will not be offering batteries for purchase. I personally would want a spare battery for touring long distance.

Back