Kalkhoff vs Pedego

. I would really like to consolidate to a single bike, and upgrade my Stromer ST1.
I don't think I would consider the Kalkhoff an upgrade. The frame has more flex, it doesn't have the torque, and it doesn't maintain top speeds as easily. The one advantage I felt was the internally geared hub.

Make sure you take one on an extended ride before you sell the ST1.

If you are a light person some of my concerns may not be as apparent to you. I weigh 350 ish.

@grench: I agree 100% re: extended ride. On paper, the Kalkhoff option for a Gates belt drive and internally geared hub appeals to me. However, I would not buy one without riding it. I also thought I would love the GoCycle - until I rode it and found it tippy. Also test rode the ST2s, thinking the non-step through frame wouldn't be an issue. It was.

I'm happy with my ST1 - despite the fact it is now almost in the "classic" category.

@grench: I agree 100% re: extended ride. On paper, the Kalkhoff option for a Gates belt drive and internally geared hub appeals to me. However, I would not buy one without riding it. I also thought I would love the GoCycle - until I rode it and found it tippy. Also test rode the ST2s, thinking the non-step through frame wouldn't be an issue. It was.

I'm happy with my ST1 - despite the fact it is now almost in the "classic" category.

I totally love the internally geared hub . I have a montague Boston 8 and enjoy it immensely. I also rode the Gocycle 2 and enjoyed it, but not for $4500. I wish Kalkhoff and more dealers in the states.

Back