Kalkhoff in USA

berad

I have a problem with my Kalkhoff charger. The place I bought it from no longer sells Kalkhoff, and this is the second charger that has failed on me in the 2 1/2 years. Now I can't get anyone to replace my charger.
Why doesn't Kalkhoff have any company information listed anywhere?
What does one do for service if the shop no longer deals with Kalkhoff?
Do I have any recourse? I was told that the chargers often fail, and that is my experience. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company rep that can help me?

Kalkhoff is part of a large group that includes Focus. I'd suggest giving one of their established dealers a call such as New Wheel in California. I'm sure they can help locate a charger or communicate with the company.

I called New Wheel, they told me I have to deal with my original dealer, Bike Attack Electric, who keep no records, can't find a number for Kalkhoff, and pretty much don't want to stand by something they sold, new, for top dollar.

I have a problem with my Kalkhoff charger. The place I bought it from no longer sells Kalkhoff, and this is the second charger that has failed on me in the 2 1/2 years. Now I can't get anyone to replace my charger.
Why doesn't Kalkhoff have any company information listed anywhere?
What does one do for service if the shop no longer deals with Kalkhoff?
Do I have any recourse? I was told that the chargers often fail, and that is my experience. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company rep that can help me?
Get one of these which will most probably be better than the original charger; http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-satiator.html

that one is quite expensive, will take a while to get to me in the USA, and I can't be sure the four pin adapter will work with the Impulse battery.

i think grin ships pretty fast unless the chargers are on backorder....

and those guys knows their stuff and are great about replying and can probably tell you if it will work or not

that really sucks about your dealer, sorry you are having problems

@berad, Grin ships out of Canada, so it's not going to take much time at all. Someone with reasonable electronic/soldering skills should be able to take the charger end off your dead charger & put it onto the Satiator. The same is true for other chargers; please make sure what you get is UL certified for safety & has fusing and a cooling fan. The charger will last longer & run cooler which is safer for your use.

Here's a link for you to reach out to Kalkhoff directly for some help. They also have a link to a Dealer's location search; perhaps another dealer will be able to help you even if it is not a warranty issue.

Not sure if you were able to locate a charger, but if you send our shop an email or give us a call we should be able to help you out. An email with all the details and perhaps pictures of what you need would be helpful. Just email hello at propelbikes.com

Back