Kalkhoff Agattu B7

Phil B

Region
USA
Just ordered a Kalkhoff Agattu B7 from Propel in Brooklyn, NY. Should be in in about a week or two. Looking forward to my first rides.

I got a B7 about a month ago. I love it. Expect you will too. I paid a little more to have them swap out the 400 kWh battery for the 500 because I wanted the extra range, and the shop threw in a pair of good metal pedals (I was the store's first customer). Let us know how things work out.

I got a B7 about a month ago. I love it. Expect you will too. I paid a little more to have them swap out the 400 kWh battery for the 500 because I wanted the extra range, and the shop threw in a pair of good metal pedals (I was the store's first customer). Let us know how things work out.
Still waiting.

Still waiting.
Well, I took delivery of my Aggatu a couple of evenings ago and this morning was my first chance to go for a ride. I just went about 8 miles around my community. I first peddled a 1 mile circut with the assist in the off position. Worse than a regular bike because of the weight and possibly drag. Then tried eco. Felt close to a regular bike. Then tried tour. Felt most comfortable and noticed that I didn't notice hills any longer. Tried sport. Of course pepier, and turbo very peppy. I was a little disappointed that I had to really spin to get up to the top assisted speed of 20 mph, even in 7th gear. Wondering if I will miss that 8th gear of the B8. Won't know about this speed thing till I ride with some of my friends. I was very happy with the range numbers after my ride. So I don't believe I will be missing the larger battery. Finally, I like the bell and the color is sea blue, but looks pure black to me.

Well, I took delivery of my Aggatu a couple of evenings ago and this morning was my first chance to go for a ride. I just went about 8 miles around my community. I first peddled a 1 mile circut with the assist in the off position. Worse than a regular bike because of the weight and possibly drag. Then tried eco. Felt close to a regular bike. Then tried tour. Felt most comfortable and noticed that I didn't notice hills any longer. Tried sport. Of course pepier, and turbo very peppy. I was a little disappointed that I had to really spin to get up to the top assisted speed of 20 mph, even in 7th gear. Wondering if I will miss that 8th gear of the B8. Won't know about this speed thing till I ride with some of my friends. I was very happy with the range numbers after my ride. So I don't believe I will be missing the larger battery. Finally, I like the bell and the color is sea blue, but looks pure black to me.

The bell is a nice touch. And as far calling it blue... That's a mystery. Not sure what you mean by "had to really spin to get up to the top assisted speed of 20 mph..."

@Phil B - You may be able to swap the rear cog (assuming this is an internal hub) to one with fewer teeth to slow down your cadence at top speed. I've noticed a lot of ebikes are under-geared.

@Phil B - You may be able to swap the rear cog (assuming this is an internal hub) to one with fewer teeth to slow down your cadence at top speed. I've noticed a lot of ebikes are under-geared.
I'll keep that in mind as I put mileage on, but I'm still hurting from the initial cost of the purchase, although I believe the Aggatu B7 was a good buy. Who knows, after a few thousand miles.

Kalkhoff makes sound bikes. The cog is pretty cheap - especially if you are comfortable with DIY. I had a bike with an Alfine 8 speed and with the right cog, it had no problem cruising in the high 20's with a comfortable cadence. As I recall, I attempted swapping the cog myself and it was such a chore, I brought it to the bike shop.

Hi - I live where it’s snowy and cold right now but had a weak moment and purchased an Aggatu b7! Can’t wait for spring. Does anyone know if the Bosch performance motor with the 400 battery will give me at least 50 miles on a charge?

May I ask what your range numbers are? I just ordered the same bike but won't be able to ride until the snow goes away. :) Thank you.

May I ask what your range numbers are? I just ordered the same bike but won't be able to ride until the snow goes away. :) Thank you.
Hi Marjorie,
Like you, I bought my bike too late in the season thinking I would have some good rides in the Fall, but it just rained and rained. I don't remember my mileage from my very few rides this past Fall and don't want to mislead you. I do remember that I was pleased with the range and I have the 200 battery. Good luck to you. I know it's probably hard for you having the bike and not being able to ride due to the weather. Maybe we can catch up in the spring.

Well, I went for my first ride on the Kalkhoff.... a bit disappointed. The computer (it has the upgraded Intuitive) didn't work - easy fix. But the gearing was kind of crazy. Does this have super easy gears? It felt like 1,2, & 3 were just spinning? Then number 6 just clunked and banged and spun then clunked some more - didn't work at all. The shop says they are working just fine. Any tips? .... update, I found a youtube video on adjusting the gears and have done this. It appeared to have been necessary. Hopefully I'll be able to ride again tomorrow to check it out.

Last edited:
Back