Just ordered my first ebike: Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO

veloowl

Region
USA
Very psyched. My first ebike. My buddy has one and I’ve been coveting his for two years. I found one for $1,800 off in the color I wanted (Sage green/black). I do A LOT of dirt/gravel roads here in New England, where you can do well over 3k of climbing on a 30 mile route. I wanna do the 6 gaps in Vermont as well.

Any suggestions for accessories? I’m guessing the range extender at least. Would also love to get any suggestions for bike computers that pair well with his bike. I have a Wahoo ELEMNT but not sure how or if that will work.

Can’t wait!

Very psyched. My first ebike. My buddy has one and I’ve been coveting his for two years. I found one for $1,800 off in the color I wanted (Sage green/black). I do A LOT of dirt/gravel roads here in New England, where you can do well over 3k of climbing on a 30 mile route. I wanna do the 6 gaps in Vermont as well.

Any suggestions for accessories? I’m guessing the range extender at least. Would also love to get any suggestions for bike computers that pair well with his bike. I have a Wahoo ELEMNT but not sure how or if that will work.

Can’t wait!
Congratulations and enjoy it immensely.

I presume that model comes with the remote power buttons on the handlebar but if not - a must purchase. I'm using a Garmin 1030+ but folks with the Wahoo seem to get the info that they need.

Congratulations and enjoy it immensely.

I presume that model comes with the remote power buttons on the handlebar but if not - a must purchase. I'm using a Garmin 1030+ but folks with the Wahoo seem to get the info that they need.

Thanks! Hmmm, I don’t know. Says it comes with the the TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display. Thanks for the suggestion on the Garmin. Will check it out.

Congrats! You will like it. I don't think it comes with the remote power assist buttons. They are an important but not very expensive accessory. There's a thread on the topic which will give you the part number and ideas on where to mount them on your handlebars.
I have the same bike (in Blue) and had the remote buttons installed when the shop set up my bike.
Enjoy your new ride.

Can’t wait!
Congrats! I am three weeks and 200kms into mine. Love the bike! Get the remote kit. I also got the range extender and highly recommend.

Thank you! Looks like the remote kit is about $100. Gonna get that and the range extender. 👍🏼👍🏼
You will need the Y cable if you want to charge the range extender and the bike at the same time.

You will also need the road cable for the range extender. They get you coming and going!

Unsure if you ordered from an LBS but most will offer 15% discount on accessories when purchasing a bike.

One thing to consider if using the Y-cable. It only works when attached to both the main battery AND the Range Extender at the same time. The regular charger cable can attach to either battery alone. The Y makes it very convenient.

As someone just pointed out - the Y canNOT charge TWO Range Extenders.

You will need the Y cable if you want to charge the range extender and the bike at the same time.

You will also need the road cable for the range extender. They get you coming and going!

Unsure if you ordered from an LBS but most will offer 15% discount on accessories when purchasing a bike.

Ha, yes, they do get you every which way, don't they. I did get it from an LBS so hopefully they can help me out. I can't seem to find a photo of what the remote buttons look like set up. Do you happen to have one? Thanks!

One thing to consider if using the Y-cable. It only works when attached to both the main battery AND the Range Extender at the same time. The regular charger cable can attach to either battery alone. The Y makes it very convenient.

As someone just pointed out - the Y canNOT charge TWO Range Extenders.

Thank you, this is super helpful and prevented a "WTF" moment for me I'm sure.

Ha, yes, they do get you every which way, don't they. I did get it from an LBS so hopefully they can help me out. I can't seem to find a photo of what the remote buttons look like set up. Do you happen to have one? Thanks!
The thread cited above has photos interspersed over the thread.

Mine are just to the left and right of the stem on the bottom of the bars. Down on the left and UP on the right. A photo would not show much as they are under the tape. But I spend most of my time OFF OF THE DROPS. Some place them just under the rubber brakes hoods.

By the way, mine apparently were wrapped too tight. I went out on a ride and the bike would not respond to UP or Down and not from the remote buttons or the top tube controller. I could not even power the bike off using the top tube controller. I could merely reboot (holding both buttons). Then I could power it on but still not control up/down. Shop cleared it up! Oh, and they worked initially. It was only after x number of rides that they lost response.

The thread cited above has photos interspersed over the thread.

Mine are just to the left and right of the stem on the bottom of the bars. Down on the left and UP on the right. A photo would not show much as they are under the tape. But I spend most of my time OFF OF THE DROPS. Some place them just under the rubber brakes hoods.

By the way, mine apparently were wrapped too tight. I went out on a ride and the bike would not respond to UP or Down and not from the remote buttons or the top tube controller. I could not even power the bike off using the top tube controller. I could merely reboot (holding both buttons). Then I could power it on but still not control up/down. Shop cleared it up! Oh, and they worked initially. It was only after x number of rides that they lost response.
Thanks so much. I see the photos on the other thread and also watched the video of a dude struggling to install them (not a mechanic). Wasn’t expecting them to be under the tape. Interesting. Glad your LBS fixed your too-tight wrap. That must’ve been frustrating. I may ride the bike for a bit and see how much of an inconvenience taking my hand off the bars to reach the power actually is. Thanks again, kahn.

Thanks so much. I see the photos on the other thread and also watched the video of a dude struggling to install them (not a mechanic). Wasn’t expecting them to be under the tape. Interesting. Glad your LBS fixed your too-tight wrap. That must’ve been frustrating. I may ride the bike for a bit and see how much of an inconvenience taking my hand off the bars to reach the power actually is. Thanks again, kahn.
I am sure that many people adapt to the as-built location. It wasn't only taking the hands off the bars but sighting down between the legs, so taking eyes off road....

I’m only a couple of weeks and about 250 miles into my Creo experience, so I haven’t gotten the remotes yet. I certainly will, just paying attention to where my hands actually are when I change assist levels. It is a long and distracting reach down to the top tube, especially in bright sunlight which we are finally getting some of! Bike continues to be super impressive.

@veloowl: Congratulations on your Creo! (That's the model I would like to get myself but cannot because of practical reasons...)
I confirm Wahoo ELEMNT Roam and Bolt v2 do integrate perfectly with SL e-bikes. (I have never tried the Bolt v1).
1652148317540.png

What @kahn wrote about the Range Extender is correct. You need the RE (it comes together with the proper water-bottle-cage), the 220 mm Road SL Y-Cable, and optionally the SL Y-Cable for simultaneous charging of both batteries. I also confirm the Y-Cable would not charge two REs at the same time.

The beauty of the Range Extender is you may use it or not (depending on your ride character), and the RE only weighs 2.2 lbs.

Come on, you could always rob a bank! :eek:
:oops:
I can afford the e-bike. I do not have space to actually keep it.

There is yet another interesting aspect of owning N+1 e-bikes I learned in the times I owned as many as four e-bikes: usage & loyalty. I'm not a collector and use the things I own. With too many e-bikes, some of them are ridden less and less. Nowadays, each of my two e-bikes provides a totally different experience, and their roles are clearly defined. I ride a Vado SL whenever I can, and the powerful Vado is for special missions like long or mountain rides. I wonder what I would do if I owned a gravel e-bike or e-MTB (Vado SL is far more universal than the Creo is, and the e-MTB would not be used much).

Whenever I only think of yet another e-bike, I ask myself this question: "Will it make me a better cyclist?" and the answer is "No" :)

Last edited:
@veloowl: Congratulations on your Creo! (That's the model I would like to get myself but cannot because of practical reasons...)
I confirm Wahoo ELEMNT Roam and Bolt v2 do integrate perfectly with SL e-bikes. (I have never tried the Bolt v1).
View attachment 122912

What @kahn wrote about the Range Extender is correct. You need the RE (it comes together with the proper water-bottle-cage), the 220 mm Road SL Y-Cable, and optionally the SL Y-Cable for simultaneous charging of both batteries. I also confirm the Y-Cable would not charge two REs at the same time.

The beauty of the Range Extender is you may use it or not (depending on your ride character), and the RE only weighs 2.2 lbs.
Hi Stefan. Thanks for the info and the photos.
Much appreciated. Will post pics when I get it.

The interesting fact is the Wahoo just needs the single E-Bike Sensor to fully integrate with a Creo SL. (Garmin requires as many as 3 different Sensors to do the same), Just saying :)

Back