Just ordered my first ebike: Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO

I have an Elemnt from 2018 with the very basic display. I'll see how it pairs.
Good luck! If it is not up to the "contemporary" level, please try two things:
  • Connect the Cadence and Power Sensors as well
  • Enable the Fake Channel in Mission Control if everything else fails.
The Fake Channel is meant to serve the older bike computers. You might not get all the parameters but I am sure you will see several important ones.

I can afford the e-bike. I do not have space to actually keep it.

There is yet another interesting aspect of owning N+1 e-bikes I learned in the times I owned as many as four e-bikes: usage & loyalty. I'm not a collector and use the things I own. With too many e-bikes, some of them are ridden less and less. Nowadays, each of my two e-bikes provides a totally different experience, and their roles are clearly defined. I ride a Vado SL whenever I can, and the powerful Vado is for special missions like long or mountain rides. I wonder what I would do if I owned a gravel e-bike or e-MTB (Vado SL is far more universal than the Creo is, and the e-MTB would not be used much).

Whenever I only think of yet another e-bike, I ask myself this question: "Will it make me a better cyclist?" and the answer is "No" :)
A very practical approach. I own too many pairs of cross-country skis in various sizes - lengths, widths. Some for very classic nordic, some for just forest roads, some for backcountry and some for telemarking. I think I've counted 15 pairs. Unfortunately, at my age and condition many are covered with dust and unused. I do have three road bikes - two electric and one standard. Two mt bikes - none electric and one with front shocks and one very old which did ride nostalgically in Moab dumping me into a creek.

I'm kind of glad that I don't need a gravel dedicated bike. One less choice. And while she does not live here, she would still divorce me!!!! :eek:

My EVO will make 6 bikes for me, but hey, I haven't bought a new bike in five whole years! I have a MTB, a fat bike, and old roadie, an old XC bike, and my current gravel bike, which I will still use a lot. I may donate one of my bikes to someone who really needs one.

Off-topic, but I just got my first pair of skate skis last winter. I'm loving learning to skate ski, but man it's a challenging and humbling. So much fun.

I have the Creo Carbon Comp 2020 and had much fun with it and covered over 4000 miles on it. The bike started out at 14kg and with careful upgrades, mine is now down to 12.1kg and extremely comfortable. I have done several 100 mile rides on it and it is my go to bike. Having the power switch via remote on the handlebar does wonders do save battery life, as it is much easier to change. Much of the time, I run mine in no assist mode unless I need it. One of the neatest upgrades in the Future Stem GPS mount, which fits very nicely on the face of the Future Stem. Mine a a 3D printed on and cost £15.00, which is about $20 usd

Attachments

• 0G6A4439.JPG
    0G6A4439.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 139
First post here, I thought I should share my experience, as I faced the same questions but ended up with a slightly different solution.

I bought the exact same bike 2 months ago after riding a Vado SL5 for 2 years. At first, I thought I could not live without the remote. However, my first investment was in the Blevo app and the O-synce remote. I found that the smart power and HR options in Blevo are so customizable and easy to configure that I hardly need to change the assist level, as the app does a very good job increasing or lowering it based on my effort. On top of that, the O-synce remote allows you to add or remove small power increments as needed, but to be honest, I rarely use it. So, for most rides, I stay in Eco mode. I may change the assist level once or twice at most, like using turbo mode if I face a very steep climb or switching to Sport mode if I feel tired. I was concerned that this might drain the battery faster, but it looks more like the opposite.

Also, as I use the Creo in Europe (I share my time between Canada and France), I also bought a Levociraptor to get assistance up to 40km/h. Having different sensors detected by Garmin devices for power, speed and cadence ended up making it easy to deal with the incorrect speed provided by the integrated speed sensor after installing the Levociraptor: I simply unpaired the integrated speed sensor and replaced it with another one (plenty of cheap and reliable options online), so that I get accurate measurements.

You will need the Y cable if you want to charge the range extender and the bike at the same time.

You will also need the road cable for the range extender. They get you coming and going!

Unsure if you ordered from an LBS but most will offer 15% discount on accessories when purchasing a bike.
I'm perfectly ok with the cable being sold separately. If they included it, they'd just charge more for the package, and then the packages would be different for road vs mountain set-ups. This way, everyone uses the same part number for the battery itself, and then everyone knows they need to get the correct cable.

I'm perfectly ok with the cable being sold separately. If they included it, they'd just charge more for the package, and then the packages would be different for road vs mountain set-ups. This way, everyone uses the same part number for the battery itself, and then everyone knows they need to get the correct cable.
Yes, you simply use the same cable for any number of Range Extenders you might own.
However. any new RE comes with a water-bottle-cage. That way, I now own a surplus of bottle-cages! :)

Back