Just ordered a Bolton 'FoxBat'. Anybody else waiting on one?

Sk
Curious to know how you like it after riding it. I ride a pedal bike alot 120 miles a week so I anxious to see how this bike is.

Bike is assume road 13 miles on first ride on country and small town roads. It's like riding a tandem bike with someone helping you peddle. The seat has to go very uncomfortable. I would recommend a ebike to anyone, I've had one knee replaced an the other one needs it had no problems.

Bike is assume road 13 miles on first ride on country and small town roads. It's like riding a tandem bike with someone helping you peddle. The seat has to go very uncomfortable. I would recommend a ebike to anyone, I've had one knee replaced an the other one needs it had no problems.

I am curious have you unlocked it to test its top speed? I received mine in late February, and currently in talks with Bolton to find out why I can only reach a top speed of 26mph. They sent me a new display, but other than it have a couple more features it made no difference in performance.
I also have an Lectric XP, and can hit 32mph unlocked with half of the power, and it being a hub motor, at a third of the price.
I bought the Foxbat, because of Kyle's video showing the Foxbat topping 40mph with PAS, and over 30mph throttle only.

I am curious have you unlocked it to test its top speed? I received mine in late February, and currently in talks with Bolton to find out why I can only reach a top speed of 26mph. They sent me a new display, but other than it have a couple more features it made no difference in performance.
I also have an Lectric XP, and can hit 32mph unlocked with half of the power, and it being a hub motor, at a third of the price.
I bought the Foxbat, because of Kyle's video showing the Foxbat topping 40mph with PAS, and over 30mph throttle only.
Well, that's not good. What size is your chain ring? I'd stay on Bolton about this although you really don't want to be going 40mph on a fat tire bike. I can't even take 30. Just feels way dangerous. I have the Raptor from Kyle. Which is basically a Frey AM 1000. Far as I can tell it has no controller based limiter and a 40 tooth chainring. I'd have to go up to like 46 tooth to get any more speed out of it but don't need it and won't change it. Bolton's spec sheet claims only 28mph.

https://boltonebikes.com/collections/mid-drive-ebikes/products/1-000-watt-mid-drive-fat-bike

Last edited:
Well, that's not good. What size is your chain ring? I'd stay on Bolton about this although you really don't want to be going 40mph on a fat tire bike. I can't even take 30. Just feels way dangerous. I have the Raptor from Kyle. Which is basically a Frey AM 1000. Far as I can tell it has no controller based limiter and a 40 tooth chainring. I'd have to go up to like 46 tooth to get any more speed out of it but don't need it and won't change it. Bolton's spec sheet claims only 28mph.

https://boltonebikes.com/collections/mid-drive-ebikes/products/1-000-watt-mid-drive-fat-bike

It has a 46 tooth chain ring. At the time I ordered the Foxbat I don't recall seeing a top speed posting on their site.
I was going by Kyles video, which he did 40mph with PAS.
I did want to experience the thrill of 40mph a few times, but not all the time. Plus, it would be nice knowing that kind of power was there.
I have done 35mph on a non electric ten speed, and can break 30 with my Lectric XP.
I would not have spent that kind of money on a bike that was rated at 28mph max. If his video showed only 28mph I would have just stayed with my XP, and not ordered a second bike.

I have a lectric xp. Im in pretty good bike shape as I ride a regular bike all the time. 30 plus miles at a time. I in no way can get my XP over 30 it does 27 or 28 but not 30.

i have a rebranded rendition of the Foxbat and i can throttle up to 30mph even with the bike loaded down with me and i weigh 245lbs! 26 should be a breeze for you,something is not right! thats not normal for this bike!

I have a lectric xp. Im in pretty good bike shape as I ride a regular bike all the time. 30 plus miles at a time. I in no way can get my XP over 30 it does 27 or 28 but not 30.
most struggle to hit 28 on a Lectric! 30+ is unheard of! maybe his wheel size is off causing a misread?

It has a 46 tooth chain ring. At the time I ordered the Foxbat I don't recall seeing a top speed posting on their site.
I was going by Kyles video, which he did 40mph with PAS.
I did want to experience the thrill of 40mph a few times, but not all the time. Plus, it would be nice knowing that kind of power was there.
I have done 35mph on a non electric ten speed, and can break 30 with my Lectric XP.
I would not have spent that kind of money on a bike that was rated at 28mph max. If his video showed only 28mph I would have just stayed with my XP, and not ordered a second bike.
the bikes top speed for me is around 30mph with throttle! im running a 52volt battery but im also heavy, and they do list top speed as 28, maybe he was going down a hill or something in the vid you saw

Try increasing the speed limit to 99 on the XP. The manual says setting above 45 may cause errors, but it does not on mine.
What this means, is the motor does not cut out at 28mph.

Been researching E bikes for a while now and finally ordered the FoxBat. Final choice came down to Dost Kope, FoxBat or the Sondor LX. Think I made the right choice since I'm planning on using the bike mostly on road with the occasional light trail riding. Been researching for a couple of months and having a phone call with Kyle from Bolton made me comfortable enough to put down on a bike.

Hopefully it'll be here in March right about the time for the snow to melt.

Anyone else waiting on a bike?
I ordered my Foxbat in March with an April ‘21 delivery,..that got pushed to June, and then July,…just was notified last week it is now August. Such a bummer.

I ordered my Foxbat in March with an April ‘21 delivery,..that got pushed to June, and then July,…just was notified last week it is now August. Such a bummer.
I admire your perserverence; ´bout when they moved it to July I´d have demanded my money back. Seems
like their just messin´ with ya. I waited almost 3 mo. for my 1st ebike,(now a parts bike), which cost more than
twice as much as my much better 2nd bike which arrived the day after I placed the order.

Last edited:
Back