Just ordered a Bolton 'FoxBat'. Anybody else waiting on one?

Slappy Jackson

Region
USA
Been researching E bikes for a while now and finally ordered the FoxBat. Final choice came down to Dost Kope, FoxBat or the Sondor LX. Think I made the right choice since I'm planning on using the bike mostly on road with the occasional light trail riding. Been researching for a couple of months and having a phone call with Kyle from Bolton made me comfortable enough to put down on a bike.

Hopefully it'll be here in March right about the time for the snow to melt.

Anyone else waiting on a bike?

Yes I ordered mine 11/25/2020 pretty sure mine is in this batch because I ordered Red and nothing was said about preorder or back order. Should know something in a few days. I wanted a Black Bird but the more I researched I figured out I needed a mid-drive because of the hills I would be riding in. I live in Illinois but have a place in Northern Arkansas with nothing but hills. Hope it comes soon but I can wait.

Yes I ordered mine 11/25/2020 pretty sure mine is in this batch because I ordered Red and nothing was said about preorder or back order. Should know something in a few days. I wanted a Black Bird but the more I researched I figured out I needed a mid-drive because of the hills I would be riding in. I live in Illinois but have a place in Northern Arkansas with nothing but hills. Hope it comes soon but I can wait.
Kinda like my story, I was gonna order a Black Bird, and when I was ready to pull the trigger they sold out. Checked around a lot more and became sold on the FoxBat. Have you gotten any accessories while you've been waiting? I'm trying to stay patient and wait to get accessories until I get the bike. Though I do want to get some tips on preventing flats.

Yea I got few things. I read about having some trouble keeping the chain on with chain ring that comes on the bike so I got the Luna 42T chain ring with one spacer and a tool to remove the chain ring. Also got the Bolton adjustable stem. As far as the flat tires go been reading a lot about the Tannus Armour inserts, I'll get some of those if they ever come back in stock somewhere.

Howdy, while its not the Foxbat, we do have a Bolton Saber on order for my Wife. As you are probably aware the Saber is essentially a step thru Foxbat. Ordered Nov 2020. If the Bolton ebike offerings check your boxes it is hard to find better value. To bad we cant pay expedite fees, lol..."the waiting is the hardest part".

Howdy, while its not the Foxbat, we do have a Bolton Saber on order for my Wife. As you are probably aware the Saber is essentially a step thru Foxbat. Ordered Nov 2020. If the Bolton ebike offerings check your boxes it is hard to find better value. To bad we cant pay expedite fees, lol..."the waiting is the hardest part".
sounds like everyone is still waiting for the same shipment. When did you order the sabre? Any update on delivery date? I just bought this week, no status updates yet.

Found this same bike under the Eunorau brand name (eunorau.com), same bike as the FoxBat but in stock right now for $200 less. Could be a different shifter and am not sure about the quality of it. I'll still wait it out for the Bolton version unless they start delaying delivery.

Looks like if you go to the Eunorau site they have a disclaimer stating that the bikes from their current batch are using the sunrace(?) shifter and not the Shimano due to parts availability.
If you go to energy e bikes site, they will sell you the same bike with a slightly smaller battery amperage than Bolton. They are offering their bike a couple hundred less and free shipping.
Energy e bikes states they have them in stock and are currently shipping.
Might be a good time to become an e bike reseller.

I'm excited for you. Make sure you let us know when it comes in and your first impressions.
March can't come soon enough for me.
Don’t own or am waiting on one but it looks a really nice bike buddy. Hope it gets to you on time too. I’m sure you’re gonna love it! You’ll be knocking the miles out in no time! 👍

I ordered a Sabre at first then changed to a Foxbat. I thought my wife would ride more but she hast shown much interest in the other ebike we have so I changed to a Foxbat. Got the red model. Like the looks of the bat better

How do you like it so far? Initial impressions?
I'm hoping the March deliveries stay on track, give this snow a chance to melt.

Well technically speaking, most ebike companies are kind of like ebike reseller. 😅
They typically do not have their own manufacture, they order their bikes from China.

True, though China has farmed out some component mfg. to plants nearer the mkt. just as
Japan has in SE Asia. Chinese parts can vary widely in quality. I prefer Japanese components.
My bike is a hodgepodge mix from at least four nations.

Last edited:
Got it together everything went good no problems, very well packed, no dings or scratches. The only issue would be the rubber grommets on the frame where the cables go in and out of the frame don't fit very well but not a big deal. Bike looks great, I'll give it a ride tomorrow. When I ordered my bike they didn't come with the adjustable stem so I ordered one, guess what it came with an adjustable stem so now I have 2 I'll use one for my other mountain bike.

Back