Just joined

esa

Region
USA
City
Green Valley AZ
Just a quick "Hello". I think these forums will be a great help in my selecting my 1st ebike.

Welcome to EBR, plenty of help fro friendly and knowledgeable members. After gaining some knowledge, try to get a test ride. Good luck and ride safe.

Just a quick "Hello". I think these forums will be a great help in my selecting my 1st ebike.
Welcome to EBR... what type of bike are you interested in?
Take a look at the EBR list of Best Electric Bikes of 2020. ;)

Best Electric Bikes of 2020 | ElectricBikeReview.com

Looking for the best electric bikes of 2020? As of today, we have reviewed 1070 electric bicycles.
EBR conducts the industry’s most complete and objective reviews. Reviewing electric bikes is all we do.
Since 2012, we have helped millions of people find and choose the best ebike for their needs and budget.

Table of Contents:

Thanks for the link to the Best Ebikes of 2020. Google had pointed me to that and that is how I learned about the great community here. My plans for the bike is to get me outside and get some exercise. My bad knees necessitate assistance on hills and at the start of rolling. It also needs to rated for a larger capacity. Don't really care for the look of Cargo Bikes. I won't be using it to commute to work or going mountain biking. It will be pavement, grass and desert trails. Budget puts me into the Affordable Electric Bike category.

I've read reference to the major 3 brands. Who are they?

Also know that the assist levels vary based on the motor-programing. Some are customizable. For knees, a faster pedal rate of 70-80 rpm (cadence) is less of a grind than slower of 40-50 rpm. WELCOME!

Welome. It would be a good idea to fill in your location in your profile. Riding the Serria Nevadas or the Alps may take a different Bike than Kansas or Poland.

Welome. It would be a good idea to fill in your location in your profile. Riding the Serria Nevadas or the Alps may take a different Bike than Kansas or Poland.
Esa is from the United States. A large country... :) It makes some difference if it's Southern California or Minnesota.

1st is to have some fun! This year has been lacking fun. I will not be commuting to work because I work from home. Not an daredevil trails rider, so I don't need a mountain bike. Plan to ride around the neighborhoods, on paved streets that have some steeper hills. Were I plan to go should be no more than 15 miles round trip. Also plan to use it to run to the shopping are that's a couple miles away. I will take it on dirt roads and maintained desert trails and it needs to carry a heavier rider.

My research keeps me coming back to the Lectric XP

Thanks for the link to the Best Ebikes of 2020. Google had pointed me to that and that is how I learned about the great community here. My plans for the bike is to get me outside and get some exercise. My bad knees necessitate assistance on hills and at the start of rolling. It also needs to rated for a larger capacity. Don't really care for the look of Cargo Bikes. I won't be using it to commute to work or going mountain biking. It will be pavement, grass and desert trails. Budget puts me into the Affordable Electric Bike category.

I've read reference to the major 3 brands. Who are they?
I think they are Trek, Specialized and Giant....

1st ebike? hmm? Don´t spend less the $1k, but unless you are really affluent don´t spend a great deal either. First ebikes
are sometimes expendable. Do the research & find something to fit your age, experience, fitness level, & budget. There are some solid
entry level bikes out there that don´t cost a bundle.

Back