Just installed my Kinekt 2.1 suspension seat post. Some notes...

Copyrider

First, the comfort exceeded my expectations. The post is sprung with just the right amount of support and travel to smooth out bumps but not be bouncy or floaty. It came with the pre-load dialed all the way back to "1" though.I cranked it up to 2.5 after a short ride, to firm it up just a bit.

In unison with the natural give of the Selle Anatomica H2 saddle, the ride is much smoother, more comfortable and more controlled. I really love it! Highly recommended.

I bought mine on the Selle Anatomica site and saved 25% because of their Spring Sale. That beats even their bundle price (saddle and post). Delivered to my home in less than a week for $201.00, TOTAL. 👍

The post weighs less than a pound more than the post it replaces. It was a noticeable difference holding both in my hands, but not at all while riding. Pro-tip: The Carbon version (3.1) is cool, but really only saves about a tenth of a pound in the size I got. The extra weight is in the mechanism, not the post itself, so buy the carbon version only if you like the look of it. It's not worth $50 more, IMO.

The build quality and design of this post is way beyond my expectations. The suspension moves smoothly and the spring travel and resistance are easily adjusted and fine tuned. This post is expensive compared to other designs, but I think here, you get what you pay for.

For mid-drive Ebike applications, this post also relocates the rider's weight about an inch or two farther back than a straight post. This is a good thing, as our bikes are usually biased to front weighting. I felt this little difference right away, as it took a bit of weight off my front wheel while hopping curbs.

It's very easy to adjust the seat for rake, and that adjustment has a scale for visual settings. That said the saddle position on the Kinekt changed my riding position a bit and I noticed within just a few minutes, that the suggested 2-degree aft rake for my saddle was not going to work. It was putting pressure on "the boys."

I dialed it back to level and it's as comfortable as can be.

Really happy with my purchase!

Last edited:
How do you adjust this? I just got one and it seems no matter how I adjust it the indicator is always at 1.

How do you adjust this? I just got one and it seems no matter how I adjust it the indicator is always at 1.
Something's wrong. As you rotate the screw at the back of the post, the indicator has to advance, as you are compressing the spring.

Back