Just bought my first E-bike(Toronto, Ontario)

Wolffe

Region
Canada
Bought the aspen plus with the upgraded battery from a local store and i am super excited to shred it around Toronto also get to put my ruroc berserker helmet to use. If there are any tips/recommendations for a first time E bike user i would appreciate it or even if u want to run a E bike group ride i am totally down!

Welcome Wolfe to the wonderful world of ebiking. Other than equipment used for breakdown and safety, I would say you’re good to go. Just remember to ride safe and be responsible. Good luck.

Welcome to EBR. Several active members from Canada, don't know about Toronto area but search for the eBike gangs thread and see. If there isn't anyone doing group rides, you can start a group up ...

Many fun miles to you Wolfe, as you rip around Toronto.
I always suggest a couple safety items for new ebike owners:
- A mirror to see behind you, and what’s coming.
- Bright butt kicking lights even in the day. This is so the drivers in Toronto see you as far as possible.
Please share your rides and adventures 🚴🏾‍♂️🚴🏼‍♀️

Many fun miles to you Wolfe, as you rip around Toronto.
I always suggest a couple safety items for new ebike owners:
- A mirror to see behind you, and what’s coming.
- Bright butt kicking lights even in the day. This is so the drivers in Toronto see you as far as possible.
Please share your rides and adventures 🚴🏾‍♂️🚴🏼‍♀️
I'll be sharing my rips around Toronto once i find a buddy to E bike with, been using my ruroc helmet while riding and a go pro

Bought the aspen plus with the upgraded battery from a local store and i am super excited to shred it around Toronto also get to put my ruroc berserker helmet to use. If there are any tips/recommendations for a first time E bike user i would appreciate it or even if u want to run a E bike group ride i am totally down!

What store if you don't mind me asking? I am guessing Amegoev.com?

@Wolffe
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your new ride.
I tried to get few ebike riders to do a group rides back in 2017 but no one was interested or at least no one has ever responded so I gave up on the idea.
Having said that it would be nice to get few riders together to ride around with.
l for one ride around Mississauga, Milton, Brampton and sometimes to High Park area.
Perhaps one day we'll see you on the trails, l got a read fat tire bike.

@Wolffe
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your new ride.
I tried to get few ebike riders to do a group rides back in 2017 but no one was interested or at least no one has ever responded so I gave up on the idea.
Having said that it would be nice to get few riders together to ride around with.
l for one ride around Mississauga, Milton, Brampton and sometimes to High Park area.
Perhaps one day we'll see you on the trails, l got a read fat tire bike.
ill be willing :) just gotta dm me ahead of time and we can try to get a group going

You may want to join the TERA FB group and/or the TERA Meetup group. We did several Toronto-based group rides last year, but the pandemic so far has put a damper on things. We may start some soon again now that things are looking better. In fact any member can set up a ride and see who signs up.

Take care of it & it should last a long time. I see where they´re out of stock: when were you told to expect
delivery? I´m riding their moscow & i´m happy, but have thought seriously about the aspen as a 2nd bike,
the U.S. version that is. The moscow was a real bargain, lotta bike for the money.

Last edited:
Yea decided to buy from a local store, instead of ordering it online and dealing with assembly and tuning
Ah c´mon, where´s the fun in that. Unboxing is like Christmas morning. My NCM arrived with
very little assembly, Fine-tuned, with a preset display the day after I ordered it. I was
flabbergasted. Of course it came from 30 mi. away....as the crow flies.

Yea decided to buy from a local store, instead of ordering it online and dealing with assembly and tuning
If you purchased from Amego, I think you made a good choice. I have nothing against Leon Cycles at all, but speaking for myself, Amego have treated me very well for service and maintenance.

Back