Just a little help from my friends from a new lad

The Fishman

I am a new lad of 69 years of age looking for a little help from some veteran ebikers. I have been looking at while cruisers Himiway and Espin. I have researched many evokes and yes I have been scammed twice on Facebook sponsored sellers from China so now I am leafy of doing any online purchases. The two scammed purchases were charged to PayPal credir.So that protection helped me.
The two cruisers I looked at above has mostly the same price and appointment of items but Espin has more as far as free promotional give away where Himiway has less but some differences in motor power as well as a few more things.ok, I understand the promotional side of the potential purchase and that part of the sales market.
What I do not understand is the warranty side of 1 to 2 year warranty beside the duration of time. Like having to return a bike for warranty work and the consumer foots the shipping to and from. Not do I understand the after sale consumer needs.
Is it the new way of doing business when you need assistance with something on your bike which has a warranty issue and you contact the seller you must contact the seller and they give you a call number,a name of the after sale tech who is outside the US who is expected to assist you and it takes days to get to talk to the tech...is that now the norm ?
I understand that it might be better purchasing made in America but most of the parts and finished evokes are outsourced in the first place?
Perhaps I am so new to the new business model I just do not get it at all.
Lastly, do you folks think that the two bikes I mentioned above are worth the money $1199.00 that they want and is the after sale more that they both seem to be using seem to be the standard now being used ?
Thanks for reading my long list and if you can assist this old lad stuck here in the Hudson Valley of New York State with a bit of advice would be helpful! I thank you in advance!
< Fish < on the Sullivan / Orange County Border

Welcome Fish. I think I understand your question. As the owner of an Espin Sport, I cant be more pleased with my purchase. In fact, I just purchased another that will hopefully be delivered in November. As far as the Himiway, I am not familiar. As far as the warranty, Espin offers one year from date of purchase in case something breaks or burns out. I believe there are some exclusions but from what I have read, if you have a problem, you send them an email and they attempt to resolve. My guess is Himiway is similar. With that said, yes there is risk involved as any of these direct to consumer companies could be gone tomorrow. I guess you have to decide if you can risk 1200 on a pig in a poke...

well i can tell you one thing if someone offered me a choice i would for sure choose the Hemi! bigger motor,bigger battery,better controller! the only thing the Espin really has is Hydraulic brakes which are an upgrade but not enough imho. Hemiway allday!
i believe the Hemiway and the Arielrider X-Class are the Best Bang for your buck bikes under $1500.

Back