Juiced or E-Glide

Boghey

Hey guys, I'm Dan. I'm new to the whole e-bike world, but I have been a spectator from afar for a couple months now.

I'm moving and my commute is about to become 13 miles one way to work in Denver, which is fairly flat. Due to several unfortunate circumstances, I will not have access to a car either, so I'm looking at the e-bike route. I wish I could have a higher budget, but it looks like I'll be somewhere around $1500 max. I know that this isn't ideal for an e-bike, but unfortunately that's what I'm working with.

I've done a little bit of research and it looks like some of the better bikes that are in that price range are the Juiced CrossCurrent, the AIR, and the E-glide SS. Ideally, if I go the Juiced route, I'm thinking about the refurbished Juiced Crosscurrent and upgrade to a 10.4Ah battery to put me at about $1450, but I'm not sure if the Crosscurrent is that much better than the AIR?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on one over the other, or even any other bike recommendations int his range.

Commute will be about 26 miles round trip, I don't mind charging the battery at work. It will probably be mostly on a bike trail. I weight about 135 lbs, 5' 8". I'm interested in getting back and forth without getting really sweaty. I like that the E-Glide has a throttle, but if the cross current ends up being a better bang for my buck, that's not a total necessity.

Thank you in advance!
Dan

Last edited:
I think you can put a throttle on the cross current that just plugs in

Juiced has a really good reputation for customer service so I think my vote would be them

Lost is right, the radcity would work for you too

It has throttle and they have great customer service

We have been riding Juiced Ocean Currents for a few weeks now and really like the customer service all questions have been answered right away in the bikes have been super
We rode 18.3 miles in rolling terrain with one good pull and still had plenty of battery left using the 8.5 pack
Good stuff

Great, thank you for your replies.

Now it seems I'm down to the Juiced Crosscurrent and the Radcity. If this was your decision, which one would you pick and why?

The juiced has the option of bigger battery in the future if you decide you need it and is available with torque sensor

They are probably both good bikes for you and both have excellent customer service

Maybe check their facebook pages and see if you can find someone in denver that would let you ride theirs...

@Boghev I had the exact dilemma and to me it all boiled down to just one thing - I want to bike to work no matter what, rain or shine. There are days when i dont feel my best but still want to commute to work. The torque sensor on cross current could actually be an impediment in such cases. Assuming that the reliability is equal, and that hydraulic on the cross current are only marginally better than mechanical + regen, then I would go with Radcity. Of course you might get a better range with Juiced but I can easily toss in another battery or two into my radcity panniers..

Hi! Boghey´s is also my dilemma.
Why do you guys think the CrossCurrent Air is better than the E-glide SS Plus for a city commute? Besides, isn´t the RadCity much heavier?

In any case, I would like to know your opinions on the following question: which one of these bikes would be best to be shared by a 5'11"/176 guy and a 5'7"/135 woman? What size/type frame should we choose?

Thank you very much!

Actually, I might order the crosscurrent Air specifically because of the step-thru compared to the mid step with Radcity, and for the lighter weight. I can let you know in a couple of weeks when I will have the bike (Air). I have no idea about the E-glide.

@Arun, both of the CrossCurrent models are available with an optional thumb throttle, so I wouldn't worry about just torque sensed power. Juiced also offers the Cross Current Air with an upgraded torque sensor that is nice for those of us with a lighter pedal push.

@Ann, thanks, at the moment I am inclined towards the Air only because it has a lower stand over height than the Radcity. But I dont know exactly how small the standover height is on the step thru of Air. I know it is about 31 inches on the 16" Radcity.

Back