Juiced CCS2

Timpo

So is it like CCX but without 19.2Ah battery?
For the price, it probably will sell well.

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/crosscurrent-s2

also does it come with the vent?
looks like it has a wide downtube, maybe it can use HyperFat 35A controller?
The upper tube still says CrossCurrent X but kinda painted over.
CCS2-feature-air-vent_900x.png

The CrossCurrent X didn't come with the vent.
20181115_093324_CrossCurrent-X_D850_00180_900x.jpg

Last edited:
Lower capacity battery, no fenders, no rear rack, has down tube vents, different saddle, lower price, what else is different?

Glad the CCS remains.

Aftermarket metal fenders can be pricey but when even cheap new bikes come with them, Juiced should have them standard on at least the CCX. Chrome or black, matching the bike color (black for red frames).

Penny wise pound foolish decision that may alienate buyers who like a premium finish and will pay for it

I don't see anything wrong with plastic fenders. If they work, they're fine. Every single motorcycle that owned came with plastic fenders.
I know Ducati use carbon fiber and Harley use metal fenders, but for me plastic was functional.

Juiced is not a premium brand and I'm glad that they're making budget friendly high performance ebikes.

People that are willing to pay more will buy R&M or Stromer.

Metal fenders from Velo Orange cost $80. For an OEM, I doubt it would cost more than $25, with slightly lower quality (plus VOs must accommodate many different bikes). Probably $10-20.

Linus is a successful bike brand despite poor value given the specs, because their bikes just look good. Good design isn't expensive, just requires giving a ****.

Interesting. After all our speculation about the demise of the CCS in another thread, here comes this. Apparently they wanted a bike in this price range after all. I'll admit that I was wrong; I thought the CCX did so well that they just weren't selling enough of the CCS to make it worth stocking.

Going to 52V is no big deal, manufacturing-wise. The CCS was always able to use 52V batteries -- @Chris Hammond got one. Looks like they're selling it with the stock Camp Scrambler battery. Kinda like a Taco Bell menu: we've got ground beef, lettuce, refried beans, etc., let's see how many different ways we can use the same ingredients and call it something else.

I notice that fenders and rack aren't standard as they were with the old CCS. So it's kinda more of a Crosscurrent 2 than a CCS 2.

Interesting. After all our speculation about the demise of the CCS in another thread, here comes this. Apparently they wanted a bike in this price range after all. I'll admit that I was wrong; I thought the CCX did so well that they just weren't selling enough of the CCS to make it worth stocking.

Going to 52V is no big deal, manufacturing-wise. The CCS was always able to use 52V batteries -- @Chris Hammond got one. Looks like they're selling it with the stock Camp Scrambler battery. Kinda like a Taco Bell menu: we've got ground beef, lettuce, refried beans, etc., let's see how many different ways we can use the same ingredients and call it something else.

I notice that fenders and rack aren't standard as they were with the old CCS. So it's kinda more of a Crosscurrent 2 than a CCS 2.

I believe the CCS for the last 6 months or so had no rack. The rack was removed after the CCX arrived, I think.

Back