Juiced CCS and Magnum Peak- the same bike?

ngengs

Firstly, if someone else has discovered this already, I apologize...

I am in the market for an ebike and I am very much leaning towards the Juiced CCS after researching it here and on videos posted online. Then yesterday I discovered that a co worker has a Magnum Peak which he let me have a close look. As he was going through the different features, I noticed that the battery pack looks very similar to the battery pack of the CCS, on the down tube, integrated. Then I noticed the front forks have suspension similar to the CCS. So, I went back to the Juiced website to look at the CCS specs and pix... same batt, same susp front forks, same frame. Am I wrong?

MP has 24, CCS has 9 speeds, they both have throttles, walk modes, displays are different, MP has a derailer guard-CCS none. CCS has both torque and cadence sensors, I don't if MP has both, maybe just cadence.

But I am still wanting the CCS over the MP, primarily because of the price, a $300 difference. CCS has 650, MP only 500. To anyone out there who has more info on this matter, please educate me.

Thanks!

I also ran across a similar looking bike to the CCS (it wasn't a Magnum) just a day or so ago. And in fact, I had the same reaction: "This is the CCS!". Upon closer inspection you could tell that while they did share some of the same components, the builds were unique in that they made the bikes completely different. I would suspect in the biking world, ebikes included, that this is more the norm than the exception.

In terms of the CCS, if you are favoring that bike, I just got mine last week and it's basically led to me sitting at work, plotting on how I can get away just to ride it... I really enjoy it immensely.

I’m looking at a picture of the Magnum Peak. It looks nothing like the CCS. It might have similar specs but you could say the same thing about many e-bikes.

The battery is a somewhat common pack style from a company named Reention. They make the pack (Dorado is the model name)

It's the type of cells that are used within the pack that make a difference.

The battery is a somewhat common pack style from a company named Reention. They make the pack (Dorado is the model name)

It's the type of cells that are used within the pack that make a difference.

Tora did mention this the other day as Rob02150 is correct but additionally they pack the batteries themselves and have their own controller etc... so they my look similar in form factor but they are custom to Juiced.

Other than the custom Frame\Rack\battery almost all of the other bike components are brand names and fitted to work with the bike.

A user can upgrade\customize any traditional bike parts..... but not the electric components.

The single thing that differentiates bikes from each other is the frame, and the frames differ between these bikes. Plus customer service of course.

Everything else on a bike can and often is found on many other bikes. Groupset, wheelsets, tires, stem, handlebar, etc.

Looks like the same is true more or less of ebikes.

This modularity is a good thing, because it means bike makers don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak every time they make a bike. Higher volume production means higher quality at lower costs.

Most budget/mid-range ebikes are rebadged frames from China. Resellers chose which components to use to hit their target price/marketing needs.

In addition to the remarks above, there are some non-visible design factors that set Juiced Bikes apart. Software for the controller is not generic and Juiced has crafted theirs very carefully. Upgrade-ability is another area; Tora has thought several steps ahead and designed his bikes so that earlier buyers can benefit from improvements. AFAIK no one has the precision of measurement built into the torque/cadence sensing. Etc.

Back