Juiced bike or voltbike or...

sju10544

Hi folks,

just read about the recommendation on EBR of the Voltbike Enduro here: https://electricbikereview.com/voltbike/enduro/, but saw the Juiced bike CrossCurrent S2 - Commuter Electric Bike here: https://www.juicedbikes.com/collections/e-bikes/products/crosscurrent-s2?variant=36449086418

The price difference is not that much and I know, hub motor vs middle motor, fulls suspension etc. I'm located in Cape Coral, Florida where we have almost flat paths. IMHO the price for the Juiced bike with the motor, the battery, brakes, the Altus etc. are excited, but read also some negative comments about the product. Also ordering such an (for me) expensive product over the internet without having the chance to ride it before is a concern.

Maybe some of the experts can enlighten me.

Thanks

Jens

I got myself a CCS and later bought my wife a voltbike elegant. I do not know about the enduro, but wish I would have bought my wife a CCS. I've been very satisfied with the Juiced. I know some have "thrown off" on Juiced customer service but they probably didn't ever have to deal with Voltbike. Whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it.

Of the 2 bikes i would go with juiced CCX.
350 watts vs 750

I bought the CCS2 2 months ago. As I tell everyone my review is based solely on my only Ebike experience. The Ebike experience is awesome. The CCS2 is a blast over 500 miles so far. Again I have nothing to compare it to, so I think overall most Ebikes would give close to the same experience. I bought mine for exercise/fitness and basically use it on bike paths, Specifically I like that the CCS2 had a torque/cadence that can be changed, that it has hydraulic brakes, I wanted a rear hub motor (in case the chain fails I can throttle home). Lastly the CCS2 is delivered as a class2 Ebike BUT it has the ability to change to class 1 or class 3. I could not be happier with the bike so far.

Hi Cassidy, thank you very much for your thoughts. This helps a lot to moderate the the "negative" fact of user "Timpo" is this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...rent-s-should-i-purchase-or-spend-more.24073/
However he has this experiences and images are images. Still thinking also that you cannot make a test drive with this vehicle.

Nevertheless I think this bike comparing to the price has a lot of things that a bike should have. Unfortunately regarding of my wife, it should have a more integrated battery, because she is also looking for an e-bike right now (YES! ;-) ). So still searching...

Hi Cassidy, thank you very much for your thoughts. This helps a lot to moderate the the "negative" fact of user "Timpo" is this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...rent-s-should-i-purchase-or-spend-more.24073/
However he has this experiences and images are images. Still thinking also that you cannot make a test drive with this vehicle.

Nevertheless I think this bike comparing to the price has a lot of things that a bike should have. Unfortunately regarding of my wife, it should have a more integrated battery, because she is also looking for an e-bike right now (YES! ;-) ). So still searching...
Sure, I just read his review. I think it's important never to diminish the experience each has, so I'm sure his criticisms are true but only specific to his experience. It has no reflection on the bike overall. If you look at the Juiced facebook groups, there are several who post almost daily about their experiences. One guy had a very early juiced model, I think 7 years and he loves it. There is maintenance like any other bike or Ebike. After about 4 weeks my chain was loosening too, but I discovered that all bikes have a break-in period. I called Juiced and they gave me an "uber" type business that comes to your home (velotooler.com). They came for $27.00 to adjust derailleur and he did other things like lube the chain and clean it up. It works great. My kickstand works (in fact the ebr video review loves the kickstand), I replaced my saddle just because I wanted a more comfortable one, I cant imagine the stock one "fraying". I do about 4 days a week 70 miles and it's great, it's a beast. Also you should note he was talking about a cross current air not a ccs2 or ccsx

Last edited:
Ordering online you need to be careful but if you order from Juiced I feel risk is minor. They are in business for couple of years so they must be doing certain things right. I see they have some bad comments from disappointed customers but we all know sometimes some customers can be little b..chy too.

So don't let 2-3 particular cases to discourage you. Check overall reviews that can give you a better idea. I bought a Radpower ebike before which I sold later on due to personal preference. But each time I was talking with Rad power, I tried to be nice with them and generally it let their attitude to be very helpful to me too.

Recently on a facebook group I saw someone complain about green bike something... His e-bike was stolen and he post about it (also he stated he was smart to take the battery off when lock the e-bike). Then the e-bike company when saw his post approach him and offer him a brand new e-bike by deducting a replacement battery price. And this guy was complaining about the company to be greedy. (In the end it wasn't that company's responsibility and they still try to help).

Yes, totally agree with you regarding the attitude of some customers. Thank you very much also for the "additional" comments about Juiced. That helps a lot!

One of the things that sold me on the CCX was the battery capacity (52v and 19.2 AH). The other things were hydraulic brakes, front suspension, fender and rack, powerful headlight, torque and cadence sensor, throttle. The LCD controller also allows cruise control, low voltage cutoff and top speed limit adjust ability. Other motor systems have too many nanny controls built in to limit the top speed support albeit there are ways to circumvent this. The CCX allows full motor support up to the drag speed limit (not that I actually do that).

Yep, that are exactly all the reasons why I'm interested in this bike.

I'm comparing it right now to this one: https://www.seattleelectricbike.net/brands/cube-reaction-exc-500-allroad-2019 (in Germany you get this: https://www.rabe-bike.de/de/cube-re...fep=14467&utm_source=idealo_DE&utm_medium=ppc). IMHO this bike has better components (derailleur, brakes, etc.) and the design looks better due to the more integrated battery, yes I know it's more expensive), so if the Juiced bike would have these criteria as well (and yes, for more $$ of course) and would be perfect for me ;-)

Back