Juiced Bike CCS Battery Charger

neon91

I am looking to buy a spare 48V 2A battery charger for my CCS (with stock battery 48V 12.8Ah) to use at my work; Wondering if I can use the "2018/2019 Battery Charger" available from radpowerbikes

$39.00

The stock charger available from Juiced is twice as expensive

$ 79.00

Please let me know if the battery charger from Radpowerbikes works for Juiced CCS.

Mine doesn't have the barrel type plug which is shown on the Rad charger, so it wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure if all Juiced batteries are standardized on the same connector. Something tells me they aren't. In any case, you'd want to be sure the plug is compatible, as well as performance -- the stock Juiced charger is rated at 2 amps, I wouldn't go over 4.

$79 is thievery.

$10 for a decent brand Liitokala 2A Charger. Adapters are easy. I’ve made a few for fellas here.

Cheap. $5-$10 In parts.
Hi, i am looking to replace my charger as the barrel got detached from the 3 prong after 3 years of usage. i have 2018 model Ripcurrent S. Do you have a link for the litokala 2A charger? Thanks!

Regardless, there are tons of 4A and 5A 5.1x2.1 barrel connectors, in fact I have one.

This is the one I've got, its working pretty well so far...Ive had it for a few months now; use it when I need to get a quick charge. Has built in fan, which the charger actually stays cooler than my stock 2A charger.

Heres the one on Voltbike, which they need to update the description...It is a 5A charger, Ive emailed and asked + if you zoom in the picture you can see its actually a 5A too.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 3.41.58 PM.png

I’m not suggesting there aren’t 4A chargers. An exhaustive search for DC pigtails found most to be rated for 2A.
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 3.54.14 PM.png

It all depends on the gauging of the wire...

Last edited:
It all depends on the gauging of the wire...
Almost true. I'm simply sharing the results of 6 years of building, repairing, and supporting battery customers. Juiced may well have done a good job of specifying the wire gauge with their battery builder. I'm telling you THAT IS NOT necessarily true with numerous lowball battery sellers and budget chargers.

I am needing to replace my charger too. The stock charger gets pretty hot when charging the battery. I even have the Juiced fast charger and it gets crazy hot. Any long term feedback on good alternative chargers.

Just fyi - If you are looking for a cheaper after market charger. I ordered this charger through AliExpress for 15 bucks. Working pretty good for my RCS with 52V battery. It has a fan which could get a bit loud but it does the job of charging the battery. Check it out
Model JN-150WF-5883000
Output 58.8V 3 a
Input 100-240VAC

Back