Juice Crosscurrent S motor surging when trying to pedal from a stop.

Firefang

Hey guys,

Sorry if this issue has already been mentioned but I would love to get some advice about my almost 2-year-old Crosscurrent.

I've been getting an issue with my motor occasionally revving really loudly but 'fighting' my pedaling when I try to pedal from a stop. The motor whines really loudly, louder than going uphill on the highest assist setting. I also get a lot of resistance with every pedal when this occurs.

I would then have to either stop pedaling, wait like a second or two and try again. More often than not, the motor would usually reengage and perform normally.

I've disconnected and reconnected all the wires and reseated my battery as per the troubleshooting manual on the Juiced website. Anyone got any clue about which parts I should investigate further?

Thanks in advance!

Woah! This sounds like what just started happening to me. I spoke with a Juiced tech and they want me to send a video in, so I'm going to try to capture it. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen consistently for me. Most of the time pedaling from a stop is fine.

I just got a reply from them too requesting a video. Hopefully, you have better luck getting a video. I have no clue how to even try getting one since I can't really tell when it'll occur. Fingers crossed that the techs figure out what's causing it.

Hey, were you able to get a video of your the motor surging? I contacted Juiced and their best guess was that it's probably a motor thing. Was your reply from them the same?

Back