Juggernaut Ultra Beast Options?

Gee_Whiz

I'm considering the yet to be released, Beast.. which drivetrain looks similar to the Ultra FS? Would anyone be able to advise on some of the options offered on this ebike? My use case would almost exclusively be on-road, lots of hills & bike paths, with some very occasional off-road trails and greenways.

Wheels:
I'm guessing the 27.5x2.8 Slick wheelset is more ideal for on-road, then the default fat or the option mtb option? Are there other, better-purposed wheels that I could buy on my own and fit to the bike for maximum pavement efficiency?

26x4 Fat wheelset

27.5x3 MTB+ wheelset

27.5x2.8 Slick wheelset

Fork:
Biktrix inverted fork

DNM USD-6FAT

Wren Inverted Fork

Brakes:
Biktrix/Tektro dual-piston hydraulic brakes

Tektro quad-piston hydraulic brakes

Magura Mt5e quad-piston hydraulic

The other site options seem self-explanatory, so I'm mainly focused on these. any feedback for making the bike the best version for road/hill riding would be appreciated!

I'm also seeing through perusing other forum posts, that the Biktrix controller and Bafang motor are very inefficient on other ultra models.. is this avoidable at all? How would one receive an optimized model or optimize a model?

Last edited:
They
I'm considering the yet to be released, Beast.. which drivetrain looks similar to the Ultra FS? Would anyone be able to advise on some of the options offered on this ebike? My use case would almost exclusively be on-road, lots of hills & bike paths, with some very occasional off-road trails and greenways.

Wheels:
I'm guessing the 27.5x2.8 Slick wheelset is more ideal for on-road, then the default fat or the option mtb option? Are there other, better-purposed wheels that I could buy on my own and fit to the bike for maximum pavement efficiency?

26x4 Fat wheelset

27.5x3 MTB+ wheelset

27.5x2.8 Slick wheelset

Fork:
Biktrix inverted fork

DNM USD-6FAT

Wren Inverted Fork

Brakes:

The other site options seem self-explanatory, so I'm mainly focused on these. any feedback for making the bike the best version for road/hill riding would be appreciated!

I'm also seeing through perusing other forum posts, that the Biktrix controller and Bafang motor are very inefficient on other ultra models.. is this avoidable at all? How would one receive an optimized model or optimize a model?
there is a usb cable you can buy that connects to the motor and you can get a program on the PC that lets you change the settings I honestly think it's the shear amount of power that makes it seem inefficient 1500w of drain on your battery is alot a 1kw battery can only maintain 1000w or 1kw drain for 1 hour if you keep it in pas 1 it will keep up with most other high end emtb anything above that you will pass them and that's where the extra drain comes from the added torque and speed the others just don't have the option of giving

Wheels:

26x4 Fat wheelset

27.5x3 MTB+ wheelset

27.5x2.8 Slick wheelset

Fork:
Biktrix inverted fork

DNM USD-6FAT

Wren Inverted Fork

Brakes:

And it honestly just depends if you only plan on using it in the city then and 0 trails and only in perfect weather conditions then slick tires are fine but anything else your asking for a wipeout as for all the upgrades again if your only using it in the city and only thing I would look at is brake upgrade as stoping faster when you need it is always nice feature to have literally life saving but if you are gonna just causally ride it around at regular bike speeds brakes won't be needed either
I personally have the biktrix ultra fs I upgraded to 52v 17.5ah battery and wren fork tektro quad piston brakes and the thudbuster long travel and the the headlight can't remember the name the only upgrade I would change would be the light as my 40$ amazon one is way better
I had another bike that has a rockshox can't remember the model but it was 800$ Canadian of course for it and the wren is waaaaaaay more robust and sturdy the smoothest ride I have personally experienced after I set the sag and twin air system I'm 210lbs and 6ft normally have mad issues with my front fork twisting in sharp corners at low speed I can feel the flex or bottoming out at times there is this one spot on the road where there is close together rivets on the road and it uses to feel like riding a jack hammer I had to turn around to see if they fixed it

Last time my story was too long and I had to delete some so I will continue now
I had the stock brakes on my last bike and these upgraded ones even with the added weight and speed I was always slowing down to early when I first got the ultra fs cause the stopping power is way better

I actually bought the short travel seatpost but have the long travel post from my other bike I got the short one for my girlfriend s bike as an add on on a hardtail it is a night and day difference with the thudbuster those bumps that turned your bike into a bucking bronco are minimized dramatically like to the point that you will just become a permanent sitter going down curbs and everything even on the trails number on a hardtail I believe it is your best upgrade option you honestly can't go wrong one ride and you won't regret your choice

All around i am extremely happy with my choices except the headlight kinda it is wired into the battery so you don't have to worry about it dying mid ride or forgetting to charge it all together or moving around on you on the trail it the downside to it is the beam from it is so spread out that it's just pure brightness lighting your path it's not focused to light the path ahead on the road you get way more than your stopping range clearly visible this light will spread to the tops of trees but for 200$ I had high hopes comparing to my 40$ amazon light I bought the rio rand it it claims 1800 lumen https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00Q5VDNGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_z1MAFb317F5P2
And it will light the path for almost double or triple the range of there light and it lasts for the whole 21ah battery range I had for 70ish km ride of 3-4 hours on one battery and I have a spare

And it honestly just depends if you only plan on using it in the city then and 0 trails and only in perfect weather conditions then slick tires are fine but anything else your asking for a wipeout as for all the upgrades again if your only using it in the city and only thing I would look at is brake upgrade as stoping faster when you need it is always nice feature to have literally life saving but if you are gonna just causally ride it around at regular bike speeds brakes won't be needed either
I personally have the biktrix ultra fs I upgraded to 52v 17.5ah battery and wren fork tektro quad piston brakes and the thudbuster long travel and the the headlight can't remember the name the only upgrade I would change would be the light as my 40$ amazon one is way better
I had another bike that has a rockshox can't remember the model but it was 800$ Canadian of course for it and the wren is waaaaaaay more robust and sturdy the smoothest ride I have personally experienced after I set the sag and twin air system I'm 210lbs and 6ft normally have mad issues with my front fork twisting in sharp corners at low speed I can feel the flex or bottoming out at times there is this one spot on the road where there is close together rivets on the road and it uses to feel like riding a jack hammer I had to turn around to see if they fixed it

Thank you so much for the feedback! I started looking closer at the FS and 1000 for comparisons sake today. Does the bike frame on your FS feel small or just fits you? I cant get a gauge on it from the pics. I'm 6'4+ so trying to find a good fit without having to raise handbars.

It does feel close to a large frame I actually had to raise my seatpost as the handle bars I had to reach up to grab them I still have room for my seatpost to go up another 3-4 inches I think with a normal seatpost it may be too small but the thudbuster long travel adds an extra 4ish inches to the post length for the shock part I think at 6'4 it may be on the verge of too small I think you might be able to request your shock to be trimmed less and give you more raisers on the bar but not 100% sure if that's an option but worst comes to worse you can always by a set of bars that are slightly raised for 20-30$ these bars are basically straight might be 1inch rise

Hey Gee-Whiz, did you ever pull the trigger? The new bronze color looks awesome in photos.

I just got the beast, mostly stock but for A-Bars and dropper post. The handlebars are a matter of personal taste, but the dropper is a necessity. This is a big bike. At 6'1" I need it all the way up for full leg extension when pedalling but it's much easier to get my leg up and over with the seat collapsed. Also it is a shock absorber. At 20mph I hit a drainage ditch a foot deep and just wide enough for a wheel to drop all the way in before bouncing out, and even with air fork and fat tires that was a jolt, so I really appreciated the suspension effect. If ordered with the bike, they install it and route the cable internally, a job I was happy to leave to their mechanics.

Overall very pleased, but here are the gripes: Stock fenders are crap, shifter has no indicator, and I throw my chain.. No bash guard is available, but possibly something's loose (maybe from hitting that ditch), so fingers crossed hoping for an easy fix.

I ordered the narrower 27½" wheels but there was a mix-up so I got the fat tires and rode on 'em before I realized. Biktrix offered to discount a second wheelset and while I intend to take up that offer, the fat tires aren't bad, treads aren't too knobby, and it's actually not hard to pedal unassisted as I feared.

Search on this forum for the bikonit or generic MD1000 threads, which use the same frame. A lot of guys in your size range like this bike, and some of 'em waited half a year ordering direct from China. In comparison to other Biktrix products, I think the beast is their best price-to-component ratio: Air fork, quad piston brakes, and 11-speed drivetrain come stock, and of course the dual integrated batteries with dual 5-amp chargers. Of course, if you upgrade the fork further, you don't just pay the delta - you're still paying for the house-branded fork plus the one you choose. I'm no expert on these components, but on paper the tektro brakes and house fork look close enough to the upgrade options that I wouldn't want to pay hundreds extra.

Also the frame will accommodate a belt instead of a chain if you ever make that change, because that's how the Bikonit comes (for me it will require an internally geared hub as good as the rohloff but much cheaper).

Last edited:
Back