Juggernaut Ultra 1000 Frame Size

Thinkblue

Hi Everyone,

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a juggernaut ultra 1000 but I’m a little concerned that the bike only comes in one size. I’m 5’9 with about a 31 inch inseam.

I really don’t want to drop over 3k on a bike and then find out it’s too big for me.

Is there anyone around my height with one of these bikes that can share their experience?
Thanks!

its going to be border line. I am 5'9 with 32'' inseam and its a little big for me where you are going to notice it is the reach from the seat to the handlebars. I am looking for a new pair of bars that have a little bit of a sweep back. the way it is now my neck and shoulders hurt from leaning foreword. hope this helps

Hi Everyone,

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a juggernaut ultra 1000 but I’m a little concerned that the bike only comes in one size. I’m 5’9 with about a 31 inch inseam.

I really don’t want to drop over 3k on a bike and then find out it’s too big for me.

Is there anyone around my height with one of these bikes that can share their experience?
Thanks!

Ultra 1000 is very flexible size-wise!

I'm 5'7 and 29 inch inseam, I run the bike with a 400mm seatpost, on very tall wheel+tires (30" diameter!).

Loads of standover room with the low swept top tube.

Reach wise, the bike feels perfect to me.

I'm 5'7 and 29 inch inseam, I run the bike with a 400mm seatpost, on very tall wheel+tires (30" diameter!).

T

Thank you! I think you also replied to me on reddit. I appreciate it.

I had the opportunity to briefly test one recently. Mine is set to come in a few weeks. I'm 5'-9" with a 31" inseam. It is definitely a large frame. It will work fine, but if I were any smaller I don't know if it would. I could easily stand over the top tube, no problem. I could *just* get the seat high enough and still was able to touch my toes to the ground. My arm extension was comfortable, I don't think I will need modified handlebars.

I can't wait for it to arrive so I can go riding.

The one I rode had 27.5x2.8 Schwalbe Super Moto X tires on it, and they felt great. This is what I ordered on my bike.

I haven't ridden a fat tire bike, but from reading lots of people's posts I have gleaned that they are super comfy, but also a bit loud and reduce the handling characteristics a bit. So, it depends what feel you are going for.

I plan to ride exclusively on the street, possibly for long distances, so speed and efficiency were important to me.

The one I rode had 27.5x2.8 Schwalbe Super Moto X tires on it, and they felt great. This is what I ordered on my bike.

I haven't ridden a fat tire bike, but from reading lots of people's posts I have gleaned that they are super comfy, but also a bit loud and reduce the handling characteristics a bit. So, it depends what feel you are going for.

I plan to ride exclusively on the street, possibly for long distances, so speed and efficiency were important to me.
Awesome. Thanks!

The 27.5x2.8 Schwalbe Super Moto X get great reviews and seem much better suited to the riding you will be doing. There are many posts about fat 4" tires being noisey on pavement, using up more battery, and as one person put it when using lower pas 1 or 2 levels like riding in fresh cement ie hard to pedal. They are great for riding in snow and sand and also absorb bumps better if you dont have front fork suspension.

The 27.5x2.8 Schwalbe Super Moto X get great reviews and seem much better suited to the riding you will be doing. There are many posts about fat 4" tires being noisey on pavement, using up more battery, and as one person put it when using lower pas 1 or 2 levels like riding in fresh cement ie hard to pedal. They are great for riding in snow and sand and also absorb bumps better if you dont have front fork suspension.
Sounds like I’ll be going the 27.5x2.8 route. Thanks.

Oh yeah I got you. I’ve been doing a little research and it does seem more logical to go with the 2.8 tires over anything else. Probably 90% of my riding will be on a paved road.

I just got my bike assembled / modified / adjusted. Too hot for a long ride like I want, but I got to take it for a few short spins while testing it. The 2.8 street tires are great, super smooth and easy to pedal, even in PAS 0.

I just got my bike assembled / modified / adjusted. Too hot for a long ride like I want, but I got to take it for a few short spins while testing it. The 2.8 street tires are great, super smooth and easy to pedal, even in PAS 0.
Awesome. I ordered mine with the street tires also. Can’t wait until it arrives.

Back