Juggernaut Classic HD - Review

tamszer

TL;DR - It is awesome and well worth shopping at Biktrix. Oh and Roshan was very patient at answering questions and helping me out!

I was initially thinking about buying a kit and building my own bike but that was before knowing about "fat bikes". But now that I have one, I don't think that I will go back to those skinny wheels anytime soon.

Pros:
- Very, very impressed with Roshan and how he answered most of my questions and provided resources where I could do my own research.
- Packaging was top notch. All pieces were wrapped carefully and tightly. Thank you very much for your attention to this. There weren't any scratches (outside of the box) when I picked up this baby!
- Bike is built very well
- Nice paint job and subtle lettering
- Rear fender and rack came installed
- Front fender was packaged

Cons
- No instruction manual of any sort and the online video could have been updated. But I encourage you to be patient and you'll get it installed easily.
- Included charger is noisy compared to my Cycle Satiator
- Apparently the barrel jack of the battery is _not_ compatible with my Cycle Satiator. Cycle Satiator has a 2.5x5.5 DC barrel but doesn't seem to recognize when plugged in to the battery

Thoughts
- You definitely will need tools. If you have your own set of bike tools you'll be golden. Definitely get that 15mm pedal tool
- Also a 5mm will go a long way toward ensuring that your front brakes are lined up and tidy
- I got the biggest battery possible (20ah) so my first commute 25km round trip went very well
- I had a Shimano 7-spd IGH previously so it was different shifting with the 9-speed Deore. I still need to practice shifting
- Oh and my Kryptonite lock is way too small to fit around the 4" tires! Yikes!

- Packaging is quite large on all dimensions so if you plan on hauling it by yourself you'll definitely need some trunk space.
- If you have access to a bike repair stand, I suggest you use it otherwise it will help to have a buddy hold the bike when you are assembling it.

Hope the photos help :)

Once again, thank you very much to Biktrix and Roshan for a wonderful riding experience. I never thought I would spend more on bikes that some spend on cars!

IMG_20171107_174746a.jpg IMG_20171107_174904a.jpg IMG_20171107_175110a.jpg IMG_20171107_175159a.jpg IMG_20171107_175207a.jpg IMG_20171107_175835a.jpg IMG_20171107_181424a.jpg IMG_20171107_183220a.jpg IMG_20171111_132737a.jpg IMG_20171115_072651a.jpg

TL;DR - It is awesome and well worth shopping at Biktrix. Oh and Roshan was very patient at answering questions and helping me out!

I was initially thinking about buying a kit and building my own bike but that was before knowing about "fat bikes". But now that I have one, I don't think that I will go back to those skinny wheels anytime soon.

Pros:
- Very, very impressed with Roshan and how he answered most of my questions and provided resources where I could do my own research.
- Packaging was top notch. All pieces were wrapped carefully and tightly. Thank you very much for your attention to this. There weren't any scratches (outside of the box) when I picked up this baby!

Cons
- No instruction manual of any sort and the online video could have been updated. But I encourage you to be patient and you'll get it installed easily.
- Apparently the barrel jack of the battery is _not_ compatible with my Cycle Satiator. Cycle Satiator has a 2.5x5.5 DC barrel but doesn't seem to recognize when plugged in to the battery

Thoughts
- You definitely will need tools. If you have your own set of bike tools you'll be golden. Definitely get that 15mm pedal tool
- Also a 5mm will go a long way toward ensuring that your front brakes are lined up and tidy
- I got the biggest battery possible (20ah) so my first commute 25km round trip went very well
- I had a Shimano 7-spd IGH previously so it was different shifting with the 9-speed Deore. I still need to practice shifting

- Packaging is quite large on all dimensions so if you plan on hauling it by yourself you'll definitely need some trunk space.
- If you have access to a bike repair stand, I suggest you use it otherwise it will help to have a buddy hold the bike when you are assembling it.

Once again, thank you very much to Biktrix and Roshan for a wonderful riding experience. I never thought I would spend more on bikes that some spend on cars!

View attachment 19145View attachment 19146View attachment 19147View attachment 19148View attachment 19149View attachment 19150View attachment 19151AView attachment 19152View attachment 19153View attachment 19154
Any updates for us on your bike? How's it holding up? Any issues?

TL;DR - Rides like a dream still. Have a little more than 500km on the motor. Gear sensor messed up the indexing and I recommend NOT getting a gear sensor; just shift carefully and make sure that motor is disengaged (hold down brake lever gently).

More details...
Morning! Thanks for following up with this. I appreciate it. It's been quite rainy and cold the last 8 weeks or so and I haven't ridden the bike :( However, I managed to put in about 500+ km in the few weeks I rode it. My commute is 32km round trip (20 miles) and the bike has been a dream.

Big fattie tires help a lot and I zoom around on the road! (I average about 35km/hr or 20mph)

Since I bought the bike I took it to the shop once. I did two things at the shop 1) install the fenders as I didn't have the proper tools/standoffs at home and needed to bend the mounting arm and 2) re-index the gearing.

Regarding (2) above, I tried to re-index the gearing at home but that failed. Upon taking it to the shop they determined it was due to the gear sensor attached to it. Turns out with the gear sensor in place, the indexing was off and shifting was not optimal.

After removing the gear sensor (still attached to the cable but doesn't do anything) shifting is like butter.

Now it is a matter of riding the bike differently. When I shift, I apply a soft brake to disengage the motor and then shift. So I will shift with the brakes applied. This drops my speed a bit but saves excessive wear and tear on the cogs. After I've shifted, I release the brake and I zoom along.

My previous bike had an internal hub so I didn't worry too much about shifting to a higher gear for stopping. Without an internal hub, I have to be more careful of what my gear is prior to coming to a stop. If I am in the wrong gear, I try to make sure that the motor is not engaged and pedal manually and only shift when I am going relatively fast.

It's your bike and YMMV but if you treat it like the beautiful machine it is, I am sure it will keep you happy for a while.

Once again, I am very happy with my purchase and still recommend this model! My only regret was probably to have waited until Black Friday to get an additional discount. I recommend getting on the mailing list to be kept abreast of deals and discounts.

Hope that helps!

Any updates for us on your bike? How's it holding up? Any issues?

Last edited:
TL;DR - Rides like a dream still. Have a little more than 500km on the motor. Gear sensor messed up the indexing and I recommend NOT getting a gear sensor; just shift carefully and make sure that motor is disengaged (hold down brake lever gently).

More details...
Morning! Thanks for following up with this. I appreciate it. It's been quite rainy and cold the last 8 weeks or so and I haven't ridden the bike :( However, I managed to put in about 500+ km in the few weeks I rode it. My commute is 32km round trip (20 miles) and the bike has been a dream.

Big fattie tires help a lot and I zoom around on the road! (I average about 35km/hr or 20mph)

Since I bought the bike I took it to the shop once. I did two things at the shop 1) install the fenders as I didn't have the proper tools/standoffs at home and needed to bend the mounting arm and 2) re-index the gearing.

Regarding (2) above, I tried to re-index the gearing at home but that failed. Upon taking it to the shop they determined it was due to the gear sensor attached to it. Turns out with the gear sensor in place, the indexing was off and shifting was not optimal.

After removing the gear sensor (still attached to the cable but doesn't do anything) shifting is like butter.

Now it is a matter of riding the bike differently. When I shift, I apply a soft brake to disengage the motor and then shift. So I will shift with the brakes applied. This drops my speed a bit but saves excessive wear and tear on the cogs. After I've shifted, I release the brake and I zoom along.

My previous bike had an internal hub so I didn't worry too much about shifting to a higher gear for stopping. Without an internal hub, I have to be more careful of what my gear is prior to coming to a stop. If I am in the wrong gear, I try to make sure that the motor is not engaged and pedal manually and only shift when I am going relatively fast.

It's your bike and YMMV but if you treat it like the beautiful machine it is, I am sure it will keep you happy for a while.

Once again, I am very happy with my purchase and still recommend this model! My only regret was probably to have waited until Black Friday to get an additional discount. I recommend getting on the mailing list to be kept abreast of deals and discounts.

Hope that helps!
Is the bike loud? and what happens with the gear sensor, does it jerk you around ?

Hi there! I am not quite sure what you mean by loud but I will share my experiences.

The gear sensor doesn't actually make noise. It appears to sense when you shift and will temporarily cut off the motor so that you can shift on the rear cogs without the force of the motor aggravating it. So in my understanding it makes the shifting less prone to excessive force and potentially prevent extra wear on the rear cogs.

Questions for you:
  • Have you had a bad shifting experience on a NON-electric bike?
  • What does that feel like?
  • How much noise does that make?
  • Do you cringe at the potential damage to your cogs?
  • Do you think about potential wipe outs and slipped chains?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, just imagine what it would be like with 1000w of power driving the chain!

Back to your question using my bike as the reference: The motor is super quiet relative to the power it pumps out. My chain is relatively new and I clean my cogs, chain, derailleur etc. on a monthly basis. I also lube all parts after the clean up.

I don't think my bike is any noisier than a regular bike though there is an expected hum of the motor when it is working. When I shifted with the gear sensor, I personally felt like it wasn't "butter smooth" like it was with a regular bike. NOR was it as smooth as my internally geared hub on my older electric bike.

My issues were with bad indexing due to the gear sensor. This didn't jerk me around while riding but it was not a comfortable experience. Though I am more careful because this is an expensive piece of gear. So every time I heard some grinding noises, I gritted my teeth at the potential for faster wear and tear.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Is the bike loud? and what happens with the gear sensor, does it jerk you around ?

Pros:

Cons

Thoughts

View attachment 19145View attachment 19146View attachment 19147View attachment 19148View attachment 19149View attachment 19150View attachment 19151View attachment 19152View attachment 19153View attachment 19154
What's your range in pas 2 I have the same battery also in higher pas or throttle my volts will drop drastically I feel like there's a bad connection or something just not sure feed back would be much appreciated

Hi there! I am not quite sure what you mean by loud but I will share my experiences.

The gear sensor doesn't actually make noise. It appears to sense when you shift and will temporarily cut off the motor so that you can shift on the rear cogs without the force of the motor aggravating it. So in my understanding it makes the shifting less prone to excessive force and potentially prevent extra wear on the rear cogs.

Questions for you:
  • Have you had a bad shifting experience on a NON-electric bike?
  • What does that feel like?
  • How much noise does that make?
  • Do you cringe at the potential damage to your cogs?
  • Do you think about potential wipe outs and slipped chains?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, just imagine what it would be like with 1000w of power driving the chain!

Back to your question using my bike as the reference: The motor is super quiet relative to the power it pumps out. My chain is relatively new and I clean my cogs, chain, derailleur etc. on a monthly basis. I also lube all parts after the clean up.

I don't think my bike is any noisier than a regular bike though there is an expected hum of the motor when it is working. When I shifted with the gear sensor, I personally felt like it wasn't "butter smooth" like it was with a regular bike. NOR was it as smooth as my internally geared hub on my older electric bike.

My issues were with bad indexing due to the gear sensor. This didn't jerk me around while riding but it was not a comfortable experience. Though I am more careful because this is an expensive piece of gear. So every time I heard some grinding noises, I gritted my teeth at the potential for faster wear and tear.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I have the same bike. I can't even hear the motor when it is running.

Back