Jones H Bar

My Jones H bar with aero extension.
2.jpg

sorry to be redundant, and thank you for the info ...checked out the GC1 grips on the ergon site .... thank you, I learned something here today ... I use a set of ergon GP2's

IMG_6226.JPG
Jones Loop-H Bar rocks, I haven't upgraded my eBike, yet, but I'm loving them on my regular touring bike. Upgraded from my trekking bar based on another EBR users recommendation. I ordered it directly from their site and got a shipping notice 10 minutes later and the bar showed up two days later. Great service.

I put the H Bar on my human-powered bike, and am still deciding whether to keep it or reinstall the original. The H Bar changed the geometry of the ride, and made it a little twitchy. I replaced the stem with a shorter one, and that seems to have reduced the twitchiness. I think changing the handlebar on a bike that fits you takes some getting used to - I will continue to tweak it.

Agree with John 100% - Jones Bike customer service is great.

I put the H Bar on my human-powered bike, and am still deciding whether to keep it or reinstall the original. The H Bar changed the geometry of the ride, and made it a little twitchy. I replaced the stem with a shorter one, and that seems to have reduced the twitchiness. I think changing the handlebar on a bike that fits you takes some getting used to - I will continue to tweak it.

Agree with John 100% - Jones Bike customer service is great.
Let me know how you make out.

@Marceltt- I have the 710, and may order a 660 to try. Will keep you posted as I really want this to work. I like the idea of more space in the cockpit to mount cool stuff and snazzy bar-bags! My primary reason for changing the bar was to reduce neck, shoulder, and wrist discomfort - the extra mounting space and snazzy bar-bag options are an added bonus.

@Noreen - I went from the original drop bars to a pair of butterfly/trekking bars to the Jones Bar for the same reason. My old neck and back wanted a more upright riding position yet I still wanted to have multiple hand positions for long distance touring. I've probably made 15 or 20 adjustments to the Jones Bar, the extension stem (+15 degree/70mm), the head tube height and the seat and seat height, and each time i felt like I was getting closer and closer to getting it really dialed in properly. I bought the 710 aluminum bars and trimmed them down to the desired width with a simple tube cutter from Home Depot. The tube cutter worked great and gave a clean cut without scratching the surface of the bars.

I hope you can do the tweaking to make it fit right. I did a test ride last week with full panniers and the H-Bar give a great sense of steering control and a very comfortable posture and wrist position.

@Noreen - I went from the original drop bars to a pair of butterfly/trekking bars to the Jones Bar for the same reason. My old neck and back wanted a more upright riding position yet I still wanted to have multiple hand positions for long distance touring. I've probably made 15 or 20 adjustments to the Jones Bar, the extension stem (+15 degree/70mm), the head tube height and the seat and seat height, and each time i felt like I was getting closer and closer to getting it really dialed in properly. I bought the 710 aluminum bars and trimmed them down to the desired width with a simple tube cutter from Home Depot. The tube cutter worked great and gave a clean cut without scratching the surface of the bars.

I hope you can do the tweaking to make it fit right. I did a test ride last week with full panniers and the H-Bar give a great sense of steering control and a very comfortable posture and wrist position.
I wonder how the h bars would be on trails. ?

@John - thank you for tips. I added a Body Float at the same time as the H Bar, so everything seems a little off. Hearing about your incremental tweaks, however, makes me feel better. How much did you cut off the bars? If ordering again, would you go with the 660? I think the width is what is messing me up.

@Marceltt - there are many reviews about the H Bar from trail riders. Most love it. If you go to jonesbike.com you can see the evolution and thought process behind the design.

I wonder how the h bars would be on trails. ?
After riding more than 10 miles, I tend to sit upright to unload my wrists and elbows. Jones H bar is constructed taking into consideration that you can sit upright and still reach the handle bar and at the same time, it has many other possible forward positions for speed and aerodynamics.
Upright position also gives more confidence, better view to the road ahead, and better control on the technical maneuvers.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to have to try the H bar. If I get the longer bar I can always cut it shorter if I don't like it.

@John - thank you for tips. I added a Body Float at the same time as the H Bar, so everything seems a little off. Hearing about your incremental tweaks, however, makes me feel better. How much did you cut off the bars? If ordering again, would you go with the 660? I think the width is what is messing me up.

@Marceltt - there are many reviews about the H Bar from trail riders. Most love it. If you go to jonesbike.com you can see the evolution and thought process behind the design.

I went with the 710 and would do it again based on the idea that it's easier to remove length than add it. I removed precisely 7/8" from each side following the old rule of measuring 6 times and cutting once. In my case I was adding a bar end shifter on one side and an in-tube mirror on the other. I used this cutter taking it nice and slow which worked well.

I too have a BodyFloat on both my eBike and the traditional bike with the Jones Bar. One of the adjustments I made was to the preloaded tension on the BodyFloat which impacts both the softness and the actual seat height. In my case the seat post goes as far down as possible and adjusting the firmness to the post's midrange was just enough to get the seat to the right height.

Back