JetCurrent Pro

Explorer-1

Have bike, will travel
Region
USA
City
Boston North Shore
Looks like Juiced is entering the folding bike segment.

The JetCurrent Pro is certainly at the high end of the current price bracket for this segment, but if you need a folding bike with the power of a regular e-bike maybe this makes sense for you. I'm happy they have it in a very nice Purple, but now i want to see the RipCurrent S in deep purple. It does look much nicer than many of the folding bikes, but I think the price point might make it a tough sell. The user customizable assist-levels, brake upgrade, and a new 2000W motor are nice touches.

Hey Explorer,
From Long Island here. I just pulled the trigger on the JetCurrent Pro - excited as hell. As it's my third bike, this one checked all the boxes for me. Greg (customer support) says they will start shipping next week. I'll post pics, more info, when the bike arrives.

Hey Explorer,
From Long Island here. I just pulled the trigger on the JetCurrent Pro - excited as hell. As it's my third bike, this one checked all the boxes for me. Greg (customer support) says they will start shipping next week. I'll post pics, more info, when the bike arrives.
Oh nice! I've not heard many independent reports on this one yet. Interested to hear your feedback.

illegal in the US throttle to 28mph? that thing is going to be so heavy and how can you peddle a bike with a 60t chainring practically?

illegal in the US throttle to 28mph? that thing is going to be so heavy and how can you peddle a bike with a 60t chainring practically?
I currently have a 56T on my current 80# bike - not hard to PEDAL with PEDAL assist and nine gears.

So I am having no luck figuring out a good solution to get my crosscurrent to the beach in my car (too heavy for roof rack and there might be the obscure quality class 1 hitch that cost $800) so I am now looking at the entire folding market. I took a brief look at light ebikes (light enough for a roof and you can always fall back to normal bike parts) but they tend to be expensive while also being light on features and lack suspension. I was all over the aventon sinch.2 because once you go with a torque sensor you can't go back, but the question came up about sourcing replacement parts on these guys and aventons support was kind of...meh.

So I see this beast that juiced just put out and you know... if I know I'm getting my moneys worth I'll spend the money.. but sadly there is nothing in the way of reviews of this guy. Any opinions on the motor/controler and sourcing replacements for everything down the line if thigs start to fail? I was pretty shocked to see the lcd display has been the same for the past 4 years.

My Jetcurrent Pro has arrived. It's a beast on every level. Easily breaks 30 mph, and I can see maybe 35 happening. It's stable, handles well, with a low center of gravity. Knobby tires grip the road, but not too noisy. I love how many 'modes' it can be ridden in, and how each is unique, from 0 to Race mode. It is heavy, and the folding aspect isn't something you'll be doing all the time (work every day). If you want a light commute bike, this isn't it. Brakes are top notch to match the power, as is the suspension fork. I'm in the process of working out the best seat and a suspension seatpost, but the fat tires cushion the hell out of the ride. Very easy on the body ergonomically, and I can get full extension (5"11") on my pedal stroke. I do love the step through aspect, as I'm dealing with a bout of sciatica (nasty s*it). All in all, great effing bike, and can't wait to mod it out a bit. Oh yeah, the 60T crank keeps you from ghost pedaling at 30+, nice feeling. Pics to follow...

Juiced seems to be the only one making hub motor e-bikes that puts a correct drivetrain/gear-range on them. Everyone else either does not care, does not know anything about bikes, or wants to turn e-bikes into mopeds.

It was one of the main things I looked for, especially with the 1200 W / 2000 Peak motor... Feels good to pedal, even with these old legs.

When going over reviews of folding bikes I learned that motor wattage means little. Saw 500 watt hubs easily power out 750+ from cheaper bikes.

Juiced seems to be the only one making hub motor e-bikes that puts a correct drivetrain/gear-range on them. Everyone else either does not care, does not know anything about bikes, or wants to turn e-bikes into mopeds.

Yes the JetCurrent Pro frame needed to be basically designed around this 60T crank. It absolutely needs a crank this size to pedal efficiently.

When going over reviews of folding bikes I learned that motor wattage means little. Saw 500 watt hubs easily power out 750+ from cheaper bikes

Usually the peak power can be up to 2x the nominal power. It’s easy to confuse the motors power figures.

My Jetcurrent Pro has arrived. It's a beast on every level. Easily breaks 30 mph, and I can see maybe 35 happening. It's stable, handles well, with a low center of gravity. Knobby tires grip the road, but not too noisy. I love how many 'modes' it can be ridden in, and how each is unique, from 0 to Race mode. It is heavy, and the folding aspect isn't something you'll be doing all the time (work every day). If you want a light commute bike, this isn't it. Brakes are top notch to match the power, as is the suspension fork. I'm in the process of working out the best seat and a suspension seatpost, but the fat tires cushion the hell out of the ride. Very easy on the body ergonomically, and I can get full extension (5"11") on my pedal stroke. I do love the step through aspect, as I'm dealing with a bout of sciatica (nasty s*it). All in all, great effing bike, and can't wait to mod it out a bit. Oh yeah, the 60T crank keeps you from ghost pedaling at 30+, nice feeling. Pics to follow...

Great review! Looking forward to seeing your pix.

That's a pretty broad generalization. What kind of gearing do you think hub-drives should have?

Great review! Looking forward to seeing your pix.
Thank you Tora for designing such a awesome machine. So far nothing but good stuff to say about this little (not really little) gem. I did lots of research to find a bike that checked all the boxes for me, and this was it. I can't tell you how happy I am that it's living up to expectations. If anybody has any questions about the Jetcurrent Pro, I'd be happy to answer. I plan on getting lots of pics, from all over Long Island, and I'll post some here.

Argyle Lake in Babylon NY, showcasing the Jetcurrent Pro. A couple of mods added, mostly for comfort (seat, seatpost, handlebar, bag, license plate). On this ride, I had plenty of power in 3 controller setting, saving Sport and Race mode for another time. I had no trouble maintaining 25+ with the 60T chainring. I rarely touched the throttle, preferring the feel of pedaling with both cadence and torque sensors. Compared to other bikes I've ridden, I feel much more in control, and I feel that's really important with this much power.

Attachments

• 20240623_094336.jpg
    20240623_094336.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240623_094408.jpg
    20240623_094408.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240623_094433.jpg
    20240623_094433.jpg
    669.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if the rear rack would fit some standard panniers? My Rad mini has a rack with large diameter rails and no clip on panniers would work. I ordered a blue one, and I'll be getting a daily workout folding it up.

Thank you Tora for designing such a awesome machine. So far nothing but good stuff to say about this little (not really little) gem. I did lots of research to find a bike that checked all the boxes for me, and this was it. I can't tell you how happy I am that it's living up to expectations. If anybody has any questions about the Jetcurrent Pro, I'd be happy to answer. I plan on getting lots of pics, from all over Long Island, and I'll post some here.

Argyle Lake in Babylon NY, showcasing the Jetcurrent Pro. A couple of mods added, mostly for comfort (seat, seatpost, handlebar, bag, license plate). On this ride, I had plenty of power in 3 controller setting, saving Sport and Race mode for another time. I had no trouble maintaining 25+ with the 60T chainring. I rarely touched the throttle, preferring the feel of pedaling with both cadence and torque sensors. Compared to other bikes I've ridden, I feel much more in control, and I feel that's really important with this much power.

Great feedback! Interesting to hear that the throttle is not used much. So for starts you just shift into lower gear and pedal?

Great feedback! Interesting to hear that the throttle is not used much. So for starts you just shift into lower gear and pedal?
I find pedaling this bike to be an incredibly organic experience. Feels natural. As far as starts, I'll lean on the throttle a hair from dead stops (traffic light), but that's about it. I try and down shift before stopping. Basically, I've been riding in level 3, gear 5, 6 and 7 when I want to crank things up. Any speed above 24 or so, really needs gear 7 to be able to pedal at my preferred cadence. I save Sport and Race for special places. :)

I gave throttling only a shot for a couple of miles yesterday. Not as much fun for me, and let's not forget no exercise. I'm also looking forward to upgrading to the new controller, as I want to easily monitor what's going on with the bike's electronics. There was once a book entitled Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - I find that the care and maintenance, as well as upgrading of the bike to a big part of the *zen experience*.

Attachments

• wantagh lighthouse.jpg
    wantagh lighthouse.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 20
I have to say the pics make me want to try this bike, but I just don't need it. Waiting to see what happens with Zen, really like the 60Ah 2800Wh Eahora battery, and this new break through from Chargeride in hub motors and regen is so great. Combined with Pinion and belt drives, I see e-bikes evolving again from the innovators not the big players which move more proprietary and anti repair. I want my next bike to be next level, but it may not all come together fast enough.

Back